Hammock
    Clark Mark 2

My first hang is in Costa Rica

Hello happy hammockers,

I recently got into camping hammocks, and I purchased a Clark Mark2 because I liked the idea of quickly going to ground to stay out of a storm. However, I already had a 3 month trip to Costa Rica planned when I discovered hammock camping while researching if I should bring a hammock. I purchased the Mark 2 and brought it with me to Costa Rica.

I have already been here over a month, and have so far only used it once on an overnight rafting trip. However, I'm now entering the more adventurous part of my trip and will focus on camping out anywhere I can. Costa Rica is not big on camping, but they do have places to camp.

I made a lot of friends early on but they are all returning to their homes. I decided to make some videos of my camping both to help anyone else out that might see this and also to help entertain me as I'm likely to spend the next 2 months on my own (and my Spanish sucks). I looked all over for someone to post camping in Costa Rica, but found almost nothing. Since my new friends are leaving and all I have left to do is explore the forests here (already done both coastlines), I'm going to try to do some decent videos using only my note 4.

I don't really know anyone on these forums but you guys seem keen to check out other people's videos so maybe you guys could give me feedback. You guys are going to see me make some laughingly bad hang mistakes, but that's in part what I'm hoping for some feedback on! My first mistake is not having a more open style hammock/tarp, but it will still work!

Wish me luck! Pura Vida!

Hammock
    DIY Bananahammock
    Tarp
    Dutch Duo
    Insulation
    DIY / HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Kevlar & UCR
    Pura Vida! Ah, you just gave me flashbacks of sipping Imperials on the beach. Well when you do make your video get some howler monkey sounds and maybe a shot of a white faced monkey visiting your site, that would be cool!
    Get lost in the woods and find yourself again. A vacation,to me, is working with your hands and surviving because of the fruits of your labor. In the business world I teach;in the natural world I learn.

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    Just spent 3 weeks in Costa Rica. I think I'd pay careful attention anytime I'd be putting my hands on any trees there.
    Sometimes there easy to see, sometimes not
    Eyelash Viper Bothriechis schlegelii by MedicineMan4040, on Flickr

Fer de Lance by MedicineMan4040, on Flickr

Hammock
    Clark Mark 2
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    Just spent 3 weeks in Costa Rica. I think I'd pay careful attention anytime I'd be putting my hands on any trees there.
    Sometimes there easy to see, sometimes not
    Eyelash Viper Bothriechis schlegelii by MedicineMan4040, on Flickr

Fer de Lance by MedicineMan4040, on Flickr
    How was your trip? Honestly, I'm mostly going to camp out of necessity than anything else. I'm only booked until the 26 of this month, but everything else is booked past that. I'm planning on camping in hostel yards, so I'm not anticipating snakes, but I better keep a heads up! After this trip, I am going to go hanging anywhere I can. I am 35 and single, so bringing married with children friends along isn't working. I'm hoping making videos will motivate me to keep hanging. I'll have my movie star dog with me after this trip. I'm sure she will add class to the videos

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    You won't see any snakes while there I bet. Only reason we saw them was because we purposefully sought them.
    That said, when hiking in the woods there just watch where you step (like here) and where you put your hands.
    When you're bored google Bullet Ant, we found one of them too....just think 10 hours of downtime if he gets you,
    of course that's better than amputation if the Fer de Lance happens in a wrong way

Hammock
    ENO double nest
    Tarp
    cheap tent tarp
    Suspension
    atlas straps
    Images
    Hmm, don't know about that ants will put a hurting on you and snakes. sounds like fun. lol

• + New Posts