Variable
    Tarp
    Surperfly
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    Variable
    dkurfiss,

I missed the part where I was a jerk to you. Can you explain your animosity please?

1) I mainly use Tapatalk, so whatever upload button thing you're talking about, I don't see.

2) Do you read the entire Tos or EULA for every piece of software before you use it? Did you read every word of your cell Tos before activating your phone?

Come on. Be real.

It is true that it is my fault for not reading the entire Tos. I admit that. But do I, or anyone else deserved to be talked to with exclamation points and bolded letters? That's the internet equivalent of yelling. I never addressed you specifically, as a matter of fact, I posted to this thread before you did. It wasn't personal, but now it is.

I do thank you for copying and pasting portions of the Tos. I was negligent.
    Like thrash metal? Check out my nephew's band, Deathwatch. He's an amazing drummer... https://soundcloud.com/user-660860695

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GoatHanger View Post
    dkurfiss,

I missed the part where I was a jerk to you. Can you explain your animosity please?

1) I mainly use Tapatalk, so whatever upload button thing you're talking about, I don't see.

2) Do you read the entire Tos or EULA for every piece of software before you use it? Did you read every word of your cell Tos before activating your phone?

Come on. Be real.

It is true that it is my fault for not reading the entire Tos. I admit that. But do I, or anyone else deserved to be talked to with exclamation points and bolded letters? That's the internet equivalent of yelling. I never addressed you specifically, as a matter of fact, I posted to this thread before you did. It wasn't personal, but now it is.

I do thank you for copying and pasting portions of the Tos. I was negligent.
    I am sorry. I am not trying to be a jerk and it's certainly not pointed at anyone including you. I just don't have patience for anyone, not specifically you, that signs up for something before the actually read the rules.

Yes, I am one of those people reads every agreement before I sign it. I click every link to check the terms before I agree to it. Now does that mean you need to do the same? No, it certainly does not but it also means, IMO, you can't complain when the agreement does not read the way you think it should.

Again, I am sorry if you thought my comments were directed at you. They were not.

But onto a point you made about not getting the buttons.

First are you uploading to the Gallery? If you are just attaching files to a message you are not putting them in the Gallery so you won't get the button but that is why the verbiage was added to the TOS.

If you are uploading to the Gallery via Tapatalk and not getting the screen to click on then there is another issue. Please let me know and I will take it up with Rick if Tapatalk is bypassing all the buttons in the Gallery.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Quote Originally Posted by dblhmmck View Post
    ...There would have been no need for this thread (or the previous one), if the mods had only answered my question when I asked them privately....
    Just a heads up....you might want to make sure you are PMing a current mod and not a past mod.

Hammock
    Variable
    Tarp
    Surperfly
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    Variable
    I understand. Kind of. Moving on...

No, I'm not uploading anything to the gallery via tapatalk. I have only attached images to posts through tapatalk.

My cell Tos was like 20 pages... of legalese. Not reading that. Life is too short. My fault. I will read the entire Tos here now, to see what I've gotten myself into.

It's an odd feeling... I want to be a part of the community, but not of this site... but I can't be a part of the community, unless I'm a member of the site. I've posted before to other disgruntled members, biting my tongue, urging them to stay. Now I'm one. It's not just the pictures, it's much more.

Anyway, thank you for your time as a moderator. I know it isn't easy. Take care.
    Like thrash metal? Check out my nephew's band, Deathwatch. He's an amazing drummer... https://soundcloud.com/user-660860695

Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    Just a heads up....you might want to make sure you are PMing a current mod and not a past mod.
    Well you were a mod when I first inquired about this issue to you. If you were unable to answer my question, I wish you could have at least forwarded it on to a mod who could. But it's all cleared up now. Thank-you.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Since the OP has now has their concerns and questions answered, I am going to close this thread so it does not continue to explode. I think the TOS and how it pertains to images has pretty much been explained.
    Deb
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Quote Originally Posted by michigandave View Post
    From what I can infer, we have 2 discussions going on here: Deleting images and copyright issues . The issue with deleting images seems to have been addressed.

Regarding copyright and the link to Dkurfiss's response in the earlier thread. This is a copy & paste:
    "As to HF "owning" your photos that is not correct. This is the from TOS you agreed to when joining HF
    VIII. Copyright. Hammock Forums assumes copyright to all material posted on HammockForums.net." Note-from here it is a A,B,C list of other detailed information.

It picks up again:
    "And this is what you agree to on every image you upload to HF. You have to click this before you can upload.
    In order to upload images to Hammock Forums Gallery, you must agree to the following rules:
    1. All images are the copyright of their respective owners. You may not use any of the images on Hammock Forums Gallery for any purpose without the permission of the copyright holder. "

So, these two statement contradict themselves: VII states HF assumes copyright to all materials . Do "all materials" include written content & photos? Or just written content?

But, statement 1 says images are copyright of their respective owners. I interpret that as the uploader being the creator of the image. Is this copyright transferred and given up when the "agree" button is clicked and file uploaded, at that point does "HF assumes copyright to all material posted".

Perhaps the TOS needs some clarification or at least define what "all material" is (written content, photos, video, podcast, etc).
    Is this off limits in a discussion?

Hammock
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by michigandave View Post
    Is this off limits in a discussion?
    It is not off limits but as it is legalize, I highly doubt it will be changed.
    Deb
    Hammock Acronyms

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra Spinn
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Lynx
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    This subject has come up time and time again. The intention was not for Hammock Forums to copyright everything that is posted on the web site.

Let me explain the train of thought here once more.

Here is the statement:
    Hammock Forums assumes copyright to all material posted on HammockForums.net.

This was meant to cover the butts of our members. This is saying that once the member posts anything on Hammock Forums; it is copyrighted to the person that posted it and Hammock Forums.
    Meaning: if Joe Smith wants to use another member’s photo or material they posted. He has to ask the permission of either said member or Hammock Forums. Only Said member or Hammock Forums can authorize Joe Smith to use the photo or their material from their post.

By saying that Hammock Forums assumes the copyright, we are doing this to cover the member’s photos and intellectual posts. We would not release any of the member’s photos or posted material without first trying to contacting the member and getting their permission. By Hammock Forums making this statement it lets all registered and unregistered users know that they can’t take any information from the web site and use it somewhere else without permission first, this meaning from the member or Hammock Forums. It prevents every member of our web site from having to place a copyright on all there photos and posts.
    Last edited by attroll; 12-18-2015 at 18:08.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123