Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Here is the Thread from yesterday that answers both questions of who owns the photos and how to delete them.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

OK, since nobody seemed to know well enough to describe this, I can tell you how it is done. There would have been no need for this thread (or the previous one), if the mods had only answered my question when I asked them privately. So here is the proceedure:

Go into your gallery
    Click a photo to open it
    You will see 2 edit image buttons at the bottom of the image
    Only the Left hand button will allow you to edit ( I know this is very counter- intuitive).
    Click the Left "Edit Image" button
    Scroll down and check the box to delete image
    Then click "Delete"
    Then confirm the popup that you really want to delete

Yes, it is tedious and awkward. And unfortunately there does not seem to be a way to edit multiple images at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Floridahanger View Post
    Here is the Thread from yesterday that answers both questions of who owns and photos and how to delete them.
    Thanks for posting that link. I knew I had seen it earlier on the forum.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, left lay
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG Inc and Burrow
    Suspension
    Ti Strap Anchors
    Images
    Not sure these steps work for images you upload to attach to a post. i think the only way to do that is to edit your post, and then "manage attachments" but again, i don't see a way to delete those images you uploaded to be attached to a post.

Yes Boston,

This was necessary. Because my previous post was moved to the members only section. And the mods were not willing to respond to my PM.

But thanks for the link Floridahanger , I see that you have answered the question. Thank-you.
    Last edited by dblhmmck; 12-18-2015 at 11:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston View Post
    You can delete your images.

Also, was there really a need to start another thread about this? See dkurfiss's response in your other thread.
    I would suggest people reread dkurfiss's response. These are the hidden terms. I don't get a warm and fuzzy feeling when I read them. QUITE THE OPPOSITE!

Quote Originally Posted by GoatHanger View Post
    Wait... Hammock Forums "owns" your picture if used in a post?

If that's true, I'll never post another one.
    Yes, I share your sentiments about this!

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    I have merged the two threads together. Please do feel free to discuss but please keep this in mind.

!!!These are my own personal opinions and I have not check with any other MOD or ADMIN but I can read!!!

1) You agreed to the TOS before you could get into HF and the terms are pretty plain there. If you don't like them, don't join. At least that is how I looked at it when I joined.

2) Every single time you uploaded a photo to the gallery you had to push the button saying you agreed to the terms and conditions. That button has a link so you can read the terms and conditions every time if you want but you can NOT post an image without clicking on the button agreeing to the terms and conditions.

I figure I am an adult and as such have the responsibility to read something before I agree to it. No one hid it from me or changed it after I agreed to it.

So I guess I just don't understand what all the fuss is about. The photos in your gallery can be deleted as you see fit. Help yourself.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    DBLHAMMOCK, You and I have both been here a long time. Surely you know there is no conspiracy to to hijack your pictures or do anything with them that you wouldn't want done to them. The terms of service was written by the founding mod and have served the community well. Mostly they want the ability to delete ones that would not be family friendly or would break some other rule.

You have the ability to delete your photos. I am sure the mods would be glad to help you if you wish.

You have always been an outstanding member here with neat innovations. I am saying this with the great respect you deserve. I have never met you, but have admiration for your designs, abilities and your art.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

From what I can infer, we have 2 discussions going on here: Deleting images and copyright issues . The issue with deleting images seems to have been addressed.

Regarding copyright and the link to Dkurfiss's response in the earlier thread. This is a copy & paste:
    "As to HF "owning" your photos that is not correct. This is the from TOS you agreed to when joining HF
    VIII. Copyright. Hammock Forums assumes copyright to all material posted on HammockForums.net." Note-from here it is a A,B,C list of other detailed information.

It picks up again:
    "And this is what you agree to on every image you upload to HF. You have to click this before you can upload.
    In order to upload images to Hammock Forums Gallery, you must agree to the following rules:
    1. All images are the copyright of their respective owners. You may not use any of the images on Hammock Forums Gallery for any purpose without the permission of the copyright holder. "

So, these two statement contradict themselves: VII states HF assumes copyright to all materials . Do "all materials" include written content & photos? Or just written content?

But, statement 1 says images are copyright of their respective owners. I interpret that as the uploader being the creator of the image. Is this copyright transferred and given up when the "agree" button is clicked and file uploaded, at that point does "HF assumes copyright to all material posted".

Perhaps the TOS needs some clarification or at least define what "all material" is (written content, photos, video, podcast, etc).
    Last edited by michigandave; 12-18-2015 at 12:46.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast