Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG uq + Down Bag
    Suspension
    DIYwhoops+MuleTape
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    You guys don't mess around with the food!!
    We had considered renaming it to the "Gluttony Hang" last year but MichiganDave had already come up with such a catchy handle that we couldn't part with it.
    We will be eating PHAT!
    "It's not the man who's catching lots of fish and shooting lots of game who's having fun, it's the chap who's getting ready to do it."
    ~Horace Kephart

Food is a serious thing for us. Getting ready to head north soon. All I need to do is make up the jambalaya rice in camp and add the fixins'.

Hammock
    Dogger
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    Looks like we got plenty of snow as school is out for the day in Vanderbilt and Gaylord.

Hammock
    Dogger special
    Tarp
    HG CF 12' camo
    Insulation
    HG Buro & Incu 0+2
    Suspension
    Woopies
    Images
    Gaylord has 4 to 6 inches. More drifting.
    Life has no remote. Get up and change it yourself!

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    As usual, when I get all pumped up and actually plan for a trip, I bail. We were up all night with my son who got sick, so I don't want to leave my wife alone with that for days. I was worried about that since he just started daycare with all those germs flying around. So I'm not surprised.

I'm nearly sick to my stomach about not getting up there. Insert your own 31 cuss words here ________

Oh well, it was looking a bit warm for me Sat and Sun anyway, if I try to sugarcoat it. Hope everyone has fun and no one goes hungry

Will try again next weekend.

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    DIY Black Cat 12'
    Insulation
    UGQ 0* + 2oz, Full
    Suspension
    DIY UCR, 1" Straps
    As usual, when I get all pumped up and actually plan for a trip, I bail. We were up all night with my son who got sick, so I don't want to leave my wife alone with that for days. I was worried about that since he just started daycare with all those germs flying around. So I'm not surprised.

I'm nearly sick to my stomach about not getting up there. Insert your own 31 cuss words here ________

Oh well, it was looking a bit warm for me Sat and Sun anyway, if I try to sugarcoat it. Hope everyone has fun and no one goes hungry

Will try again next weekend.
    I see, mess up our weather then bail on us!

Seriously though, don't end up sick yourself, and hopefully the weather is more cooperative next weekend for you. Looking like low 30s highs and 15-20s lows.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewB View Post
    I see, mess up our weather then bail on us!

Seriously though, don't end up sick yourself, and hopefully the weather is more cooperative next weekend for you. Looking like low 30s highs and 15-20s lows.
    LOL I'm mean like that! I always get sick in February, but not yet so hopefully I can sneak by it this year. Next weekend is looking good, snow too. But we know how unreliable the forecast is. 44° this Saturday and Sunday. COME ON!!!! Useless.

I'm just leaving all my stuff half-packed and ready to go. I was really looking forward to some company this weekend though.

Hammock
    Dogger
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    I'm just leaving all my stuff half-packed and ready to go. I was really looking forward to some company this weekend though.
    I doubt you would have too much trouble talking someone into coming out with you next weekend. Hope the family is feeling better soon.

Dirk

Hammock
    Dutch Halfwit
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG uq + Down Bag
    Suspension
    DIYwhoops+MuleTape
    Images
    But we know how unreliable the forecast is. 44° this Saturday and Sunday. COME ON!!!! Useless.
    I would venture to say that temperatures ranging in the mid 30's to mid 40's are the most challenging.

Below 30 degrees it is frozen and stays dry... when you start getting into the 50's you can feel like you are spring/fall camping... but when you are in the grey area it is the hardest to cope with the conditions.

You have to be ready for cold which is in range to freeze you at the same time you will be wet. Wet+Freezing is not easy to live with. I find this temperature range much more challenging than cold temperatures 0 or below. Temps into the 50's are lovely (especially if they are still cool enough to keep the bugs away!)

Freezing rain comes down wet and forms ice... Snow which falls in big heavy flakes and immediately melts and soaks you... Snow on the ground is wet and all the wood is soaked so fires are difficult:
    I wouldn't downplay the 35-45 degree scene. I would offer that it is harder to be comfortable here than any other range of temperatures when precipitation is involved especially.

Every adventure offers its own set of challenges and being able to enjoy the outdoors in any weather can be a source of pride for us all.
    "It's not the man who's catching lots of fish and shooting lots of game who's having fun, it's the chap who's getting ready to do it."
    ~Horace Kephart

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    DIY Black Cat 12'
    Insulation
    UGQ 0* + 2oz, Full
    Suspension
    DIY UCR, 1" Straps
    Looks like I will be there ~4:15-4:30. Taking a half day!

• + New Posts
  • Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast