View Poll Results: do I convert or buy then customize?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • convert

0 0%
  • buy

35 85.37%
  • other

7 17.07%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Sil,
    Insulation
    3s Yeti
    Suspension
    straps & buckles
    Images
    Buy one from Dutch, so that you will have one to sleep in, then go ahead and give converting the Eno a whirl. Let us know how you did it and how well it works out. One for sleeping and one for experimenting. Won't cost you that much to do it.

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    I'm only 5'5" tall and I'm the most comfortable in an 11 footer. I tend to like wider as well. My tried & true old Trek Light double is a 10 footer, but super wide. My most comfortable hammock is my 11 ft. X 64 wide Hammeck Breezy
    "We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love.... and then we return home."
    Australian Aboriginal Proverb

Hammock
    AMOK Draumr 3.0
    Just to toss in 2-cents worth about getting a DutchWare one [or really one from any of our "cottage" vendors here]:
    [I plain out love my Hexon 2.4 as a "day-hanger"]

Your WORST case scenario is you still don't like it/ it don't work out...

THIS crowd around here will snap up your slightly test-driven unit pretty quickly outta the new "For Sale" forum!
    >> Onward thru the fog...>>
    Find me on my blog Moosenut Falls https://moosenutfalls.wordpress.com/

Texas Hill Country, Canada, Southern Mexico, Northern Alabama
    Hammock
    Dutchware 11ft double layer
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    UGQ 20*TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoppie Slings
    +1 on the Dutch Hammocks
    No matter where you go...There you are..

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratdog View Post
    Do not convert, waste of time.
    And money. You could still sell the ENO and put the money towards a hammock that suits you better.

Dutch has been recommended. But here are some other great cottage vendors:

Simply Light Designs - not a great website, but very good hammocks. A simple single layer 11' hammock (Tree Runner SL) is only $33.95 - with whoopie sling suspension and tree huggers $54.95. You can add more features, or pick another hammock model.

Butt in a Sling - again not a great website, but nice hammocks. An 11' single layer hammock (Hiker Lite) costs $32.95 without suspension. With the cheapest suspension option, you pay $57.95 - and again you can add features or pick another model.

Wilderness Logics - a slightly better website, but somewhat confusing. They sell 3 no-net hammocks, all 11'. The hammocks come with suspension and a Knotty mod in the head and foot area each. The single layer hammock (Snipe) costs $105.00. That seems more expensive, but it's due to the Knotty mods. The BIAS Hiker Lite would be $50 more with 2 Knotty mods, so the price is comparable (if you want that feature). WL is having a Black Friday sale, so maybe the hammocks will be discounted.

Warbonnet - they are selling an 11' single layer hammock with webbing suspension for $65 (Single Layer 1.7 Traveler XL).

Dream Hammock - DH also sells simple no-net hammocks. An 11' single layer hammock (FreeBird) is $50 without suspension. You can select different suspension options.

Arrowhead Equipment - AHE now also sells hammocks. The 11' single layer hammock costs $45. I think the suspension is not included; they offer several options on their website.

Hammeck - an 11' single layer hammock (Breezy) without suspension costs $60. With a suspension of your choice $75.

These are only the most popular vendors; if you check the "Hammock Gear - Manufacturers and Services" Section, you'll find more. Any 10' or 11' hammock should offer you more comfort than your ENO. And if you decide to DIY a bridge hammock, it makes more sense to get some fabric from Dutch / Ripstopbytheroll / DIYGearSupply. That will be cheaper than cutting up your ENO, and it will probably make for a nicer bridge hammock, too.

Hammock
    Snipe, Netty, Argon
    Tarp
    Tadpole, Cuben, SF
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Dutch DooDads
    Check out a hammock from Dutch. I think he is running a trade-in allowance on ENO currently. Shoot him an email.
    Visit Backpacking Adventures and submit your pictures into our monthly contest!

Check us out on YouTube or FaceBook

Hammock
    LSOH Warrior Edge
    Tarp
    OES MacCat
    Insulation
    UGQ UQ, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    As many people have mentioned, go with a Dutch hammock. I have two and love both of them. Many people love the Hexon fabric.

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    LLG Habanero UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    +1 on an 11' hammock... Soooo much easier to get a comfy lay

Hammock
    DD frontline
    Tarp
    DD 3mx3m
    Insulation
    PLUQ & PLOQ
    Suspension
    UCR
    I have an ENO doublenest I sleep in every single night. How would you compare the material of dutch's hammocks to an ENO? What's the feel?

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx or Pads
    Suspension
    Straps and Biners
    Images
    The only thing you'd really be recycling from the ENO is a bit of the fabric, which already has a seam right where you don't need it. Save the frustration and get something else.

FYI....there are numerous threads on here about the relative comfort of a gathered end compared to a bridge. I have both and each has their place. I personally find the gathered end more comfortable but the bridge more convenient. So, I hike with a hennessy (may get a WBBB XLC sometime soon) and car camp with a WB Ridgerunner. I sleep fine in both but the hennessy is easier to deal with and just a bit lighter. The bridge lays a bit flatter and is easy to insulate (cram some of my old ground pads in the bottom sleeve).

HYOH....

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast