WBBB/DutchHex1.6
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG 40/20/0
    Suspension
    WhoopDutchHookTogg

American made products rule!

Hey! Feel good about yourself and your gifts and invest in our hard working cottage vendors this season! If you love what hammocking has done for your life share the gift with your friends and family! Support the companies who are in the trenches 365 days a year making the dream a reality.

If you are a USA based vendor with American made products I invite you to sound off with your name and where you hail from in this beautiful country!

If you are a member who thinks buying American is important reply so we know who we are!

Thank you for being part of the solution and not the problem this Black Friday!
    “Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.”
    ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Airman's Odyssey

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Good thread idea.

Arrowhead Equipment Gear is made in Idaho. All of our fabrics, insulation and parts made in the USA as well. We work hard to use as many US vendors for our gear as possible and most items that we make are 100% American made from the materials to the manufacturing.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    We're Dream Hammock from beautiful Fredericksburg, Ohio, USA. Everything we produce is built by my family in our home workshop. Never imported any of that cheap Chinese stuff to sell and never plan to. We don't employ seamstresses or outside folks to build our hammocks for us. When you speak with MamaSmurf and I, you are talking to the people who will be personally planning, building, assembling, packaging, and shipping your gear.

workshop1.JPG cutting_fabric.JPG BearPlow_stakes.JPG

Hammock
    WBBB/DutchHex1.6
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG 40/20/0
    Suspension
    WhoopDutchHookTogg
    Thank you very much guys and gals! Be proud, I am. Thanks for the pics! It's great for those of us that don't know you yet to put a face to a name.
    All right, keep 'em coming!
    “Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.”
    ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Airman's Odyssey

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Good stuff! I was never a huge made-in-USA shopper, but it feels good to get a quality product from home.

When you think about it, it's unfortunate that 'Made in the USA' has to be "a thing". But that's what happens when so much moves overseas. We'll get it back eventually...it's just a matter of time and attitude.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    JRB universal tarp
    Insulation
    Mtn Hardwear bag
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    This ought to be a sticky.

Hammock
    Sheltowee Hammocks
    Tarp
    Big, Retangular
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Sheltowee is based in the heart of the Bluegrass State; Central KY! And it's just me, Alex, behind the scenes.

I started with this crazy idea to integrate an insulation layer in a hammock 4 years ago because for me, Insulation was the ONE thing that I ALWAYS took backpacking with me; Tarps and Bug nets stayed at home whenever the conditions would allow it.

I didn't know what I was doing, but I dove in head first. I entertained the idea of getting these hammocks manufactured ANYWHERE, so long as I didn't have to sit behind the sewing machine all day. All of the time and effort put into outsourcing manufacturing frustrated me to no end and I remembered: If you want something done right, sometimes you just have to do it yourself.

And it's a funny thing about practice... if you do it enough, you eventually get better.

I still make mistakes and I learn everyday, but at least I know that the end result is something I'm happy about and proud of. I hope that this comes through in my products.

And thanks to everyone in this community who has been supportive of me, I hope to move out of my basement workshop into a space in Lexington, KY where I will be able to hire a helping hand or two to bring even more unique products to market!

My goal here isn't to make a ton of money (I still have a day job selling insurance). My goal is to introduce a lot of people to the pleasures of hammock camping and just getting outside. If I'm able to offer awesome gear at awesome prices, and provide a few jobs for people in my community I'll keep sewing with a smile on my face.

-Alex

Sheltowee Hammocks Feature INTEGRATED UNDERQUILTS! Starting at $224

Step Out Of Your Sheltowee @ www.ShellHammocks.com

Hammock
    Mood Dependent
    Tarp
    Weather Dependent
    Insulation
    Just Dependent
    Suspension
    Beckett Up Pardner
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ShellHammock View Post

I still make mistakes and I learn everyday, but at least I know that the end result is something I'm happy about and proud of. I hope that this comes through in my products.
    It absolutely does. Every time I lay in my Boone 20 I think of what an engenius hammock it is. Every morning when I wake up in the morning after a wonderful nights sleep I think the same thing. You've come far....I have no basis for comparison but I love saying that.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Huge believer in buying from our cottage venders here, Nobody comes close to the quality and craftsmanship our venders produce everyday !
    supporting them and thier made in the USA gear is not only the right thing to do imo, but also provides me with some of the nicest gear made PERIOD!!!...

Hammock
    11' Chameleon
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    Loco Libre Gear is located in Lindenwold, NJ and we are proudly Made In USA! We're one of the newer kids on the block, only starting up July 4, 2015. What could be more American! Like most of the cottage vendors here it all started with a crazy dream. We didn't want to be a cheap imitation of everyone else, so how could we separate ourselves from the rest of the field? It didn't just have to be different, it had to be functional. With a bit of thought the Ghost Pepper series tq's with chevron baffles was born. My favorite thing is meeting and/or talking with the folks who use our products - try that with your big box outdoor manufacturers.

IMG_2300.jpgIMG_2365.jpgIMG_2418.jpg

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast