Dutch Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings

Lots of reviewing to do!

The Angel and I have been working on our kits, and there are several items to report on, so I'll take it down the list here and hope I cover everything!

First, our objective was to begin the switch to down insulation, be comfortable hnging in the 30F range, hang two hammocks under one tarp, ad lighten our pack load a bit. We're not gram weenies, but understand that lightening the load while maintaining or improving performance is a good thing!

First in line are a pair of fine underquilts from Loco Libre Gear. George customized a Habanero in black and yellow argon, and lengthened it to 67" for the 5'2" Angel, and a standard Long Hot for me in black and brick red, both at 20*. We hung in them Friday 11/20/15, at 30*F, and both slept toasty warm with a bare minimum of fiddling, all attributed to fmiliarizing oneself with a new piece of gear. I never once had to reach outside the hammock and adjust after getting settled in, nor did Angel. All in all, Loco Libre did a fantastic job, quality of workmanship was awesome, ability and desire to assist in the decision making process was on point, lead time was exactly as stated, and George has earned life customers!1120151642_HDR.jpg1120151642_HDR.jpgFB_IMG_1447270253872.jpg1120151643a_HDR.jpg

We paired these fine quilts with a couple of new Netless hammocks from Dutch, an Argon black beauty for Angel, and a Hexon 1.6 for me. We went with Argon for her because she likes a bit stretchier fabric, and the Argon pleased her. I had been in a polyester taffeta DIY tablecloth, and liked the low stretch of it but not the weight. The Hexon is SLIGHTLY stretchier, but in a comfortable and supportive way, not like it's about to rip through. These hammocks with suspension and stuff sack, come in under a pound each. I'm good with that.

For the two hammock/one tarp dilemma, we settled on the double whoopie hooks from Dutch, with a 25" spreader bar, also from Dutch. If the Angel were not so tiny, 25" wouldn't work, but she rolls up in a little ball in her hammock, so we're good at that distance. This should make it easy enough to get under the Membrane SilPoly Monster Fly on order from Mountain Wilderness Gear.

So, thanks to many of you here on the forums for knowledhe shared freely, George at Loco Libre, Dutch and the Elves, Shug, Charlie at Mountain Wilderness Gear, and whoever I'm missing, we're hanging happily here in WNC! Happy Thanksgiving to all!
    Last edited by knix04; 11-23-2015 at 21:43. Reason: Pics or it didn't happen!
    Keith

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Keith

Hammock
    11' Chameleon
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    Thanks for the review! It was my pleasure to work with you.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    looks good and toasty
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    LSOH Warrior Edge
    Tarp
    OES MacCat
    Insulation
    UGQ UQ, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Very nice setup!

• + New Posts