Hammock
    WB Blackbird, WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Jarbidge and Down
    Suspension
    Straps and Buckles
    Looks like folks will be able to sell all methods of water treatment other than a Steripen. That seems odd. Any stove but a Biolite (uses electricity, albeit self generated), I guess? No more headlamps or other camp lights? There's clothing out there that uses batteries, too.

It looks like based on the published guidelines, the 2QZQ Tree Table I just bought on the For Sale forum will no longer be within the rules?

I'll follow the rules, obviously, but they seem quite restrictive for no apparent reason. If it's a focus issue, why not just make the For Sale forum part of the donating member section where the focus is not as narrow?

I realize I don't get a vote, just giving my nickel's worth of opinion.
    If your lucky enough to be outdoors, your lucky enough!

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I don't sell or buy a lot on here but do think it seems a bit restrictive as well. If I sold a tent to a tenter that hammocks I would prefer to give the deal on here.
    As a Community I have always felt like it was our own little flea market. As long as it is camping related.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    XLC, DIY, GT Dbl for day hiking
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ JUQ, HG0B
    Suspension
    Web with Triangles
    Images
    I'll add my voice to the "too restrictive" crowd.

And seriously, if one of the 'big' problems being solved is the reduction of moderator work load, a solution really can be scripted quite easily. Feel free to PM me for details, doubt you need to, but the offer stands.

And no, the board is no 'democracy' but the user base matters, witness the recent Blog effort and Poll results.
    Have sherpas, will travel...
    Triangles, it's all about the triangles.
    H30º ™
    HTA

8.7167º

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    I'm glad I got a great deal on a great tent here on HF before the new rules take effect.
    I hope all the folks who are interested in fishing gear, flashlights, camp stools, etc., find what they want quickly.

Just saying .....
    "...With saddle and pack, by paddle and track, let's go to the land of beyond."

Hammock
    11' 1.2 Robic XL
    Tarp
    Misc DIY ones
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    UHMWPE Straps
    Images
    I'll add my voice that doesn't matter to the mix as well. It seems like this is a solution to a problem that never existed. Granted, this is a hammock centric forum, but it's hard to have a center without the periphery. The people who sell things on the forum are not here selling because of they can make a killing or because this is a hot market. They sell their stuff, be it a hammock...or a tarp...or camping whizzy-bang whirly-gig, because it's all camping related and part of the experience of hammocking to them (or, in some cases, the inability to hang). I tie a headlamp to my ridgeline at night, ergo it's now part of my hammock system. Shug eats breakfast in his hammock, ergo it's part of his hammocking experience. Someone may lounge in their hammock and prop their feet up on a stool. I think limiting this to things solely named "hammock" or "tarp" or "suspension" gives a narrow minded view of what is hammocking.

To me, hammocking is not just a hammock, tarp, and other bits. It's the whole experience it brings.
    73 de W4BKR

Not all who wander are lost... - J.R.R. Tolkein
    ...Besides, if we get lost, we just pull in somewheres and ask directions - Captain Ron

The ever striving gram weenie...always updated with the next trip

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Too bad about the electronics. I think I'm fine with everything else, though.

Personally, I like to keep things simple...an "Other Gear" folder would have been nice for people to sell whatever they wanted as long as it was legal. GPS, Tools, Flashlights, Headlamps, Cameras, and all the other stuff people probably use while either preparing for or during a hang/backpacking/camping trip.

Time to take a deep breath and utilize the "24 hour" rule we use in kids sports before you even considering talking to a coach. Lot's of great commentary in all the posts with the pro's and cons. To me, if it doesn't sell, then people aren't interested in it and it goes away, whether it be hammock related or not. But, the idea of no tents, headlamps, electronics, gps etc. seems like yet another example of 'big brother' exercising a little too much restraint. I'm sure there's more than a few examples that could be brought up, like personal protection discussions...

I'm sure the decision has already been made and it's probably not going to change. It is what it is...

Hammock
    WBB
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Baby Orca/Klymit
    Suspension
    straps/c buckles
    Images
    Wanderlust It seems like this is a solution to a problem that never existed. Granted, this is a hammock centric forum, but it's hard to have a center without the periphery.
    To me, hammocking is not just a hammock, tarp, and other bits. It's the whole experience it brings.
    After reading all of the guidelines, I am with sentiment exactly.
    as earlier stated, it creates a problem where one did not exist, unless it is truly for moderator ease.
    Way too restrictive.

Funny that this topic comes now as I was debating my Donating Member status......
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

AT '12. AT '14. FT '15. CA '15.

Hammock
    WL Lt Owl
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Outdoors
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos View Post
    Funny that this topic comes now as I was debating my Donating Member status......
    This appears to be the only voice we the forum members will have in this matter. The obvious interests of the members, judged from the numerous posts and rapid sales of camp chairs, tents and other now restricted items, is apparently meaningless.
    Questioning authority, Rocking the boat & Stirring the pot - Since 1965

I agree with most here on limiting the FS items to hammock specific equipment. Like most , I am a transfer from tent camping. As such, some of my hammock expenditures have been funded by the sale of some of my "ground" gear. Because I don't meet the 50 count minimum those items were sold on other forums (an understandable small issue I have with this forum). By all accounts, I would prefer to sell my gear to people of the same interest instead of eBay, knowing it would get used as intended.

For me, hammocking is another tool for me in my outdoor life, not the only. I use a tipi as a tent that can easily be converted into a hammock tarp. At the same point, I'm using Dutchware to outfit of my MSR Zing...

Packs and knives can be sold but not a GPS or solar charger... kind of illogical when all the items serve the same camper (hammock or tent).
    Last edited by floranama; 11-23-2015 at 14:28.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast