Dream Hammock Thunderbirds - For my son and I

My review is a little late in coming, but I wanted to report back out to you in this community about our
    very positive experiences.

My son and I each got 12-foot Thunderbirds, double layered, in the heaviest material. I'm 6'3" and my son is
    almost 6'5". We did a few nights on the Maryland section of the Appalachian trail in early October.

What I can tell you was that the hammocks were easy to set up and adjust. Although on the 2nd night we got
    more of the 30-degree angle. I slept like a baby in mine and I had trouble waking my son up in the morning
    he was sleeping so heavily. We had some great top quilts inside (Enlightened Equipment) and like many others here,
    I'll always take a hammock over a tent whenever possible. I believe that the quality sleep in the Thunderbird was what
    recharged me during the night. I could tell by my son's deep snoring when I got up that he wasn't missing any Z's either.

The extra head and foot material was awesome and it gave a great flatter and stretched-out feel for the almost flat
    lay you hear about. We bought XL Snakeskins for them and they really made a nice quick pack up and unpack
    when getting our sleeping spots picked out.

We also used the solid covers (left the zippered bug screens that came with them at home) and were quite toasty in mid
    40's weather. It was like being inside your own hanging tent. We did have Hammock Gear underquilts which were terrific
    add-ons for these awesome hammocks.

The ridgeline inside and the hanging mesh pouch were perfect for flashlight and sock, etc. storage during the night.
    We were the only two hammock campers at each of the shelters we stayed near and got
    more than a few questions about comfort and sleep quality.

The zippers work very well too with no binding or snagging. Glad we got the Whoopie Slings. They made it a cinch to adjust.

Randy and Deanna at Dream Hammock make a top-notch hammock and I'm so happy with the
    quality of workmanship.

Randy and Deanna - If you're out there reading this THANK YOU!!!!!
    I'd steer anyone to your products who needs a hammock for any reason....

-A very satisfied customer---

Scribe (Dave)
    Last edited by Scribe; 11-19-2015 at 14:06.

Hammock
    DH T-Bird
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ TQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    Just ordered my son a Sparrow is being built this week. Hard to beat a DH.

• + New Posts