I wanted something I could use to hang a hammock in the living room. Something I could move around to get the right angle to the tv and use elsewhere. I researched a lot of different hammocks stands and DIY methods and decided to go a cheap and portable route and get something I can throw in the back of the vehicle. This Gear Guide Folding Hammock is only $41.99/free shipping I found on a Amazon search. It's 8ft long which is not too much of an issue if you're short. I thought about putting longer bars into the existing posts to raise it to accommodate a normal length hammock, and eventually I will try it and post my results. But for now I've cut down a cheap parachute hammock to a finished size of 92". I'm 5'6" 130# and I can get an angled lay and have about a two inch clearance between my butt and the top bar under me. It's pretty sweet though I do hate hammocks that are made with several pieces of material like this cheap one because I can feel the seams on my shoulder and legs. I prefer a solid piece of material, but it's one I had on hand that I was willing to sacrifice to see if I could get a angled lay in this folding hammock stand. The folding hammock stand comes with a mesh hammock with spreader bars and a carry bag for the whole thing with shoulder straps and a carry handle. Here's a few pics.