Streamliner
    Tarp
    HG Hex
    Insulation
    LL,UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie hook
    Quote Originally Posted by hutzelbein View Post
    Reading through the description, it seems they do. I'm always surprised to see that manufacturers don't highlight features better. It would make it easier to pick the right underquilt. Still, the Loco Libre Long Hot 850FP costs a bit more than the Incubator, and it's a bit heavier, too. On paper, the Incubator looks better to me. But that depends on your priorities. The diagonal baffles definitely look interesting.
    Looks like the difference in weight comes from the 19oz of fill in the Ghost Pepper vs 16oz of fill in the Incubator. Probably contributes to the price difference also but I think Loco Libre has a sale starting with 10% off.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    It gets very windy and cold out in the Planet Irwin and surrounding areas so you should also invest in a tarp with doors and a hammock sock and or UQP.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

HG has the best suspension i have had some grief with others

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    EE UQ, HB TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    For what it's worth, I own both a Hammock Gear (3/4 length, 40F Phoenix +2 oz over stuff), and a full length Enlightened Equipment Revolt.

They're honestly both really nice, and you can't go wrong with either of those manufacturers. If I had to choose just one of those, I would take my Revolt, simply because I selected the longer length initially, but I do like my Phoenix for warmer temp camping.

Both work immediately out of the bag, are really high quality, and are light and compress down to an impressively small size. My 40F Phoenix weighs 14oz, and the Revolt weighs in at 18oz.

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by raggydoo View Post
    Looks like the difference in weight comes from the 19oz of fill in the Ghost Pepper vs 16oz of fill in the Incubator. Probably contributes to the price difference also but I think Loco Libre has a sale starting with 10% off.
    I wonder if that's due to HG's "leg shelf". Some people seem to have problems with it, but it works for me (although I sleep very cold) - so I appreciate the weight saving.

I would like to see somebody design an underquilt that doesn't have any fill in the places where you don't need it (for a "righty" that is no fill on the right in the head end and on the left in the foot end). Even if it doesn't save a lot of weight, it might bring down the price.

Hammock
    DIY WINTER HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    Diy Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Dutch gear
    Images
    Im going with UGQ underQuilts full length for my 11 foot hammock 0 deg for winter camping only! Mistone.
    Its a good day to be out in the woods no matter the weather.Mist One..

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20º quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    You didn't mention if you're backpacking or car camping or... If weight/volume-in-the-pack are important, higher fill-power down deserves more priority.

I have the same hammock and 20º top and under quilts from HammockGear. Both are top notch quality. I had the UQ overstuffed with a couple extra ounces and have been very comfortable down into the 20's. On the other hand, I was recently out on a breezy night with the low around 30º and was a bit cool with the "door" on my tarp open on one end. As a consequence, I've also just ordered an under quilt protector from 2QZQ and some 1/8" shock cord to make it easier to get in and out of a fully closed Superfly tarp at night. My point being that I'm now viewing my quilts as part of a system that includes the tarp and soon an UQP. I am very curious to see how much more comfort the UQP and fully closing the tarp will make my 20º quilts.

Last, I have to add that I bought a couple of the little plastic triangle Ridgeline Quilt Hooks from Dutchwaregear and they have made my under quilt setup much more bullet proof. AT $1.95 each, they may well be the best value of all my gear.

YMMV

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12