Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird Doub 1.7
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG zero deg +4oz
    Suspension
    Webbing, Dutchware
    I am having Hammock Gear make me a snakeskin made of mesh for my Warbonnet Blackbird Hammock and my Hammock Gear zero degree underquilt. They had me do a compress, not too tight, of the rig at the widest part and give them the measurement. They will make it from that. I didn't think about my zero degree sleeping bag but if it doesn't fit I'll just use a Sea to Summit e-Vent compression sack. I use a lot of them to get the most compression.

I also purchased and received a single piece snakeskin for my tarp in mesh to dry quickly. Luv it. Used it twice so far. Sure makes life easier as I expect the hammock sleeve to do.

Hammock
    Dutch 11 foot
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Diy uq phantom32
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks/
    Images
    I use an old 55 liter dry sack that I put a buttonhole on the closed end to pass my continuous loop through works good. It's big enough to easily stuff in my hammock, bottom quilt, top quilt and pillow and generally a Dutch winter sock as well ,all as one unit but still compresses down quite small.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    By all means, let's argue about whether or not a hammock will hurt a tree. All the while ignoring the fact that there is an island of garbage the size of Texas floating in the Pacific ocean. Or how about the fact that over 75% of the world's nuclear reactors are leaking...

Hammock
    Chameleon clone
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Suspension
    WB Cinch Buckles
    Images
    I ditched the individual stuff sacks and have been throwing my TQ & UQ (and sometimes a pillow) into a 32L Osprey straightjacket compression sack. Enough room to easily pack both quilts with minimal effort, and compresses down to about half its original size. Fits into my pack perfectly with no wasted space. You could easily fit a hammock in there as well, if so inclined.
    "Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates." -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Carrico View Post
    I use an old 55 liter dry sack that I put a buttonhole on the closed end to pass my continuous loop through works good. It's big enough to easily stuff in my hammock, bottom quilt, top quilt and pillow and generally a Dutch winter sock as well ,all as one unit but still compresses down quite small.
    I really like that idea.... I'm going to have to get the sewing machine out and give it a try. Have you tried the lazy slug tube? That's what I've been eyeing recently but this looks like it'll pack smaller

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY SilPoly
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Hybrid UHMWPE/MSH
    Jared at Simple Light Designs makes what he calls a Catch-All Sack. It's basically a double ended stuff sack that is large enough to hold your hammock and everything that goes along with it. I haven't tried one yet, but I've considered it. Just thought I'd throw that out there as another option for those looking for an all-in-one solution.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG zero deg +4oz
    Suspension
    Webbing, Dutchware
    I forgot to mention that once in the sock I'm gonna try to stuff it all in a 25 liter e-Vent compression stuff sack to make it as small as possible.

Hammock
    Half-Zipped
    Tarp
    DIY Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrial View Post
    What do y'all do on a thru hike to pack away your hammock, sleeping bag and UQ quickly, easily, and to keep them dry? I have a bottom compartment in my backpack that is juust barely big enough to hold my TQ, sleeping bag and hammock if stuffed in there loose without compression sacks. They're too oddly shaped in sacks. I'm afraid to have them in there without some moisture barrier... hopefully I can find a dry bag or something that will accommodate them all and fill the space well, or DIY some sort of water resistant bishop bag so I don't even have to take the UQ off and oof: it just stays set up?
    I just put my sleeping bag, TQ and UQ in my dry bag loose and place my hammock in its double ended stuff sack on top and then fold and roll the dry bag. You can buy dry bags everywhere on the internet or get a trash compactor bag from the store. I recently found some from a hammock forum member reccomendtion for less than 1 oz and am trying them. They are from Litesmith.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG zero deg +4oz
    Suspension
    Webbing, Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrico View Post
    Yep, that's what I'm talking about! Using a S2S e-vent sack air doesn't go back in once squeezed out so I just keep pressing down on it and pulling the straps and it's amazing how small they will get. Can't wait to get my new hammock sleeve!

Hammock
    DH Raven/SLD Trail lair
    Tarp
    UGQ WD/SLD Asym
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DutchBuckle &Sling
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory Hess View Post
    Jared at Simple Light Designs makes what he calls a Catch-All Sack. It's basically a double ended stuff sack that is large enough to hold your hammock and everything that goes along with it. I haven't tried one yet, but I've considered it. Just thought I'd throw that out there as another option for those looking for an all-in-one solution.
    nice!!! I love SLD. Added to my shopping list.
    When the wife asks, I simply say "Shug made me do it".

Hammock
    Dutch 11 foot
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Diy uq phantom32
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks/
    Images
    I have used the lazy slug. It worked well, but it ads some bulk and after about a year of use I found that just one tie in the middle of the hammock that holds the top quilt, hammock, bottom quilt and pillow all together works just as good. I use a peace of shock cord with a small binder to hold it all together, then just stuff it into that drysack.
    By all means, let's argue about whether or not a hammock will hurt a tree. All the while ignoring the fact that there is an island of garbage the size of Texas floating in the Pacific ocean. Or how about the fact that over 75% of the world's nuclear reactors are leaking...

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast