Tarp
    MacCat Ultra Spinn
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Lynx
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images

For Sale Questions and Answers

1) Who can post in the FS section? Any member of Hammock Forums (HF) with more than 50 posts who has subscribed to the FS Group.

2) How do I subscribe to the FS Group? Go here (Hammock Forum "For Sale" forum guidelines) and follow the instructions. You will have immediate access.

3) Why do I need 50 posts before using the FS section? The HF members want to get to know you and we would like to ensure you are contributing rather than using HF as just a place to sell items.

4) How do I set up payment? That is between the buyer and seller but most payment takes place for items via PayPal.

5) Why can’t I use the PayPal Friends and Family/Gift option? Because it is against the terms of service of PayPal and HF will not support the use of a feature which does not comply with PayPal terms of service. It is also against the HF Terms of Service (TOS). You will have no recourse for reimbursement if you use Friends and Family/Gift for payment.

6) Do I have to include shipping in the purchase price? No but you will find it helpful to your sale if you do because most buyer just want to know the bottom line.

7) How do I calculate shipping price when I don’t know the buyer location? Easiest way is to use USPS Flat Rate box or envelope. That way you have tracking data and you will have insurance on the item. If your item won’t fit in a flat rate box then you have choices. One is to box the item up and pick a destination to guesstimate the shipping costs or to post it as + actual shipping costs.

8) Why can’t I post more than 3 items per post? The thread becomes long and difficult to determine what is sold, what is left, and what the current price is. It is also very difficult to moderate when the thread goes on for days.

9) Can I post more than 1 thread with 3 items in each? No. You may only have 1 For Sale thread active with 3 items in it at any given time. If you open a 2nd message with FS items before you close the 1st message and move it, both of your threads will be deleted.

10) Why do I have to close and move my own thread? The seller knows better than anyone when they are finished selling items so rather than a MOD asking “are you done yet?” you can determine when you are finished.

11) Why do I have to move the thread? Because if you do not, the FS area becomes very difficult for buyers to navigate and it impacts everyone’s ability to find items to purchase.

12) Why when I comment on someone else’s FS thread do the MODs remove it? The MODS will remove any comments that are not related to “I’ll take it” or asking/answering a question because they are disruptive to the flow of the sale. Also if praise of a product is allowed then we would also need to allow negative comments. HF prefers that buyers/sellers do their own research rather than allowing for comments from individuals not involved in the sale of the product.

13) Is HF responsible if my item is not received? Simple answer is No. If you used PayPal then you can utilize their services for disputes. If you did not use PayPal then you are on your own. If you have tried to work with the seller and cannot find agreement, you can report the issue to a MOD (be sure to include a link to the thread and a copy of PM’s). While a MOD can do nothing to get your funds returned or the item replaced, if the infraction is severe enough or repeating, a member can and will be removed from the Market Place.

14) When I have two FS threads posted, why don't the MODS just remove one of them instead of both. Because the MODS have no clue which thread you would like to have removed. By removing them both it allows the OP to determine which thread they want to have posted in FS or if they want to combine up the two/three threads into one thread assuming they do not exceed the 3 item per thread rule.

15) Why does a Mod keep asking me if my item is still available when I have clearly not closed/moved or said the item is sold in the thread? A) Many times an individual will sell the item on another location but forget to close the thread on HF. The Mods will "ping" the seller every week or so to ensure the items in the FS section are current. If you don't want this to happen, then bump your thread ever week or so to let others know you are watching for a buyer to post.

16) Why can each member only have one FS post at a time, and why are they limited to 3 items? A) Because we had a group of professional ebays/crageslist/yardsellers posting general camping gear yardsales every day. The work load on the mod team to keep that forum cleans up was burning us out. We don't volunteer our time to play ebay employee with no pay. First and foremost this forum is about discussions on hammocks and hammock accessories and not a general used camping supply outlet.

17)Q: Who is responsible for ensuring the "I'll take it" in the FS thread

A: The purchaser is responsible for posting but the seller has ultimate responsibility for not selling the item to a member of HF until the "I'll take it." is posted in the thread. The seller should always check the thread to be sure the seller has properly claimed the item just in case the claim is not made or another member has a previous claim.

18) Q: My Tapatalk won't let me open a thread in FS what's up with that?

A) Tapatalk will not allow the 50 post guideline to be enforced for opening new threads so, the FS section is set to specifically exclude users opening threads with Tapatalk. You will need to use a web browser to start a new thread.

19) Q) I used to be able to edit my thread to change the prices and/or items. I can no longer edit it. Why?

A) Hammock Forums is set up to allow the OP to change their thread for the first 72 hours. After that it requires a moderator to make changes. This is a global setting and history has shown that some users will return after an extended time frame to delete their posts. This leaves big holes in conversation which is not good when a member is trying to research an item. For the FS thread you can summarize your items and prices that are left or, if there is an error in your original post, you can contact a moderator to help you.

20) If I post a set with multiple items in it can I later split it up?

A) That depends on a couple of things. If you have more than 3 items in your set then no as the set has more than the 3 items allowed in the guidelines. If you have 2 items in your set then yes you can if you wish. But, if you wish to split a set up it is in the seller's best interest most times to re post the items with individual prices so as to cover the shipping on each.

21) Q: Per PM conversation the purchaser made me an offer I would like to accept. Do I lower the price or how do I handle the I'll take it?

A: Just have the purchaser post "I'll take it per PM conversation". That way the seller has met their I'll take it obligation and no one needs to know exactly what the offer was.

21) How do I get a question answered that is not covered above?
    A: Post it in this thread.
    Last edited by dkurfiss; 10-24-2019 at 10:36.

Hammock
    DIY 1.7MTN
    Tarp
    HG Camo DCF Palace
    Insulation
    Incubator/Alsek
    Suspension
    Strap/Cinch Buckle
    FYI... It looks as though you can't admin through Tapatalk, but through the web browser everything went smoothly.

Need Adventure...Make Adventure

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Countrybois View Post
    FYI... It looks as though you can't admin through Tapatalk, but through the web browser everything went smoothly.
    thanks for the information. Good to know.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

This is Attroll replying in my test account.

With Tapatalk I was able to edit a thread that I created. Then I was able to move it to the withdrawn forum.
    Are you not seeing the function in Tapatalk?

Hammock
    DIY 1.7MTN
    Tarp
    HG Camo DCF Palace
    Insulation
    Incubator/Alsek
    Suspension
    Strap/Cinch Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by troll View Post
    With Tapatalk I was able to edit a test thread that I created under my test account (Troll). Then I was able to move it to the withdrawn forum.
    Are you not seeing the function in Tapatalk?
    This is what I get. If I then enter my password, it does nothing.

Try it again, please. Also are you logged into Tapatalk before you try to do this?
    Also check out www.whiteblaze.net

Hammock
    DIY 1.7MTN
    Tarp
    HG Camo DCF Palace
    Insulation
    Incubator/Alsek
    Suspension
    Strap/Cinch Buckle
    I stay logged in on my phone... Maybe it is a mobile app issue?

I still get the same message.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra Spinn
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Lynx
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    I stay logged in on my phone... Maybe it is a mobile app issue?

I still get the same message.
    Ok, it seems to be a tapatalk issue. It looks like tapatalk does not support this. I look some more into this.

Hammock
    Half-Wit by Dutch
    Tarp
    HG Cuben with Door
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopies
    For some reason the new for sale posts aren't showing up when I click the new posts tab

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel911 View Post
    For some reason the new for sale posts aren't showing up when I click the new posts tab
    Did you join the sellers group?

To be able to post items for sale in our For Sale forum you will need to join the "Sellers Group". Once you in the "Sellers Group" you can create a new thread. You can also Open, Close or move your thread at any time. See the step by step instructions bellow on how to create, edit, change prefix's and move your thread. See the guidelines of what you are allowed to sell below under Guidelines.

1. First you must join the "Sellers Group".

A. To join the "Sellers Usergroup" group you need to click on SETTINGS in the top right of the screen.
    B. Scroll down and the left side of the screen until you see PERMISSION GROUPS and click on it.
    C. Put a mark in the box to the right of "Sellers Usergroup".
    D. Now click on the Join Group in the bottom left.
    E. Now you should be all set to use this group.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast