Dutch Nylon D
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    Sheltowee 20* UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch

Cool Sheltowee Shell (UQ)

I got a chance to check out and try the Sheltowee shell. Thanks Alex. I have it on my 11 foot Dutch hammock. It was simple to install and adjust. Reading and watching how to adjust this UQ seemed so simple to me. I took it out of the box put it on and done. didn't adjust anything until it got cold. Then I snuged it up a bit. Even in monsoon season in didn't have any drafts. It did get damp a time or two, but it dried fast. Im using a UGQ 12ft Hanger tarp, no doors yet. Just lately it got wet, had rain before our first snow. woke up and the wind blew under the tarp and the head end was wet. I didn't know till I woke up, slept like a baby all warm. I took my rig in the house and by the time I came home from work it was dry. The one I have is 20*, I have taken it down to 27* so far. I am real happy with the Sheltowee. Hey Alex can we get colors on the Shell like the Boone?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Sheltowee Hammocks
    Tarp
    Big, Retangular
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles

Sheltowee Shell (UQ)

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine43 View Post
    I got a chance to check out and try the Sheltowee shell. Thanks Alex. I have it on my 11 foot Dutch hammock. It was simple to install and adjust. Reading and watching how to adjust this UQ seemed so simple to me. I took it out of the box put it on and done. didn't adjust anything until it got cold. Then I snuged it up a bit. Even in monsoon season in didn't have any drafts. It did get damp a time or two, but it dried fast. Im using a UGQ 12ft Hanger tarp, no doors yet. Just lately it got wet, had rain before our first snow. woke up and the wind blew under the tarp and the head end was wet. I didn't know till I woke up, slept like a baby all warm. I took my rig in the house and by the time I came home from work it was dry. The one I have is 20*, I have taken it down to 27* so far. I am real happy with the Sheltowee. Hey Alex can we get colors on the Shell like the Boone?

HEY! just saw now saw this, dang ! thanks so much for the post, and I've been wondering how you've liked the Shell UQ.

Yes, I can do colors! The brown layer (the outside layer) is all that I can accommodate with custom colors, however, because the black fabric that I source has extra width that helps make these work.

The pics look great! With these UQ's there is a primary suspension and a secondary suspension. It looks like you've got the primary figured out; that is what lifts the quilt to the backside of the user. The secondary suspension is along the side of the UQ and it cinches the gear stash area as well as lifts the uninsulated side walls of the quilt. With this tightened, you'll get better draft protection all around!

Have you pushed the limit lower than 27° yet? How'd it do??
    Last edited by ShellHammock; 02-02-2016 at 08:22.
    -Alex

Sheltowee Hammocks Feature INTEGRATED UNDERQUILTS! Starting at $224

Step Out Of Your Sheltowee @ www.ShellHammocks.com

Hammock
    Dutch Nylon D
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    Sheltowee 20* UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch
    Hey just saw your post. No it got rainy and snowing in Nov and I wimped out and went in the house. Need to look into getting another one!!!!

• + New Posts