Dutch Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    JRB univeral
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock 4
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles

Trip Report-VA ODH 4th Annual NOVA Hang: Prince William Forest

Ok hangers, I held off on posting the trip report to make sure that Yojimbo and I did not cross each other here! LOL Here it is though.
    We had a great hang with pretty good weather, it did drizzle most of the day on Saturday but the rain stopped in plenty of time for dinner fixing and for our gear to dry before we had to pack up on Sunday.
    I never did get a firm count on the number of hangers, people were coming and going while I was cooking or hiking, from the meals I think we had about 25ish.
    Speaking of the meals, Much thanks to everyone who contributed to feed. The Feasting was truly excellent. If you went away hungry it was your own fault. I also must thank Tammie and Bob for their firewood cutting efforts. They, and folks who braught wood, provided a pile of dry wood for the dining area fire. Those two also got a wet fire going and kept it going. Well done.
    Thanks also to Dutch, for making the trek down from Lancaster. I now it was a haul but we all enjoyed the "bling demonstrations" as well as watching him on his new ride around contraption. That was cool.
    Thanks to everyone who contributed, worked, or just attended. I am always amazed at the wonderful people I meet at every hang.
    I would like to remind everyone that we are planning a February ODH hang, https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...mount+pleasant. Planning stages right now, the final thread will probably go up around Thanksgiving weekend.
    Old Dominion Hangers
    KM4COF
    VA-4th Annual NOVA Hang-Nov 6-8 PWFP

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ doors
    Suspension
    DIY UL UCR
    CoryR,
    Thanks so much for taking the lead on meal coordination, and all your help planning the hang and making it happen! Janine and I had a great time, and hope to be able to have enough gear to ditch the tent at home next hang! I loved meeting everyone and getting to know you all, and check out all the cool setups.

UpHill and Dutch,
    Thanks for lending me the hammocks and TQs/UQs to test out on Saturday and Friday nights!

Hammock
    Tarp
    JRB univeral
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock 4
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by aero-hiker View Post
    CoryR,
    Thanks so much for taking the lead on meal coordination, and all your help planning the hang and making it happen! Janine and I had a great time, and hope to be able to have enough gear to ditch the tent at home next hang! I loved meeting everyone and getting to know you all, and check out all the cool setups.

UpHill and Dutch,
    Thanks for lending me the hammocks and TQs/UQs to test out on Saturday and Friday nights!
    Thanks but I did not plan this hang, that was Yojimbos fine work. I am glad that you got to come and see the different set ups and get some ideas. Look forward to seeing you at future hangs!
    Old Dominion Hangers
    KM4COF

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ doors
    Suspension
    DIY UL UCR
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyR View Post
    Thanks but I did not plan this hang, that was Yojimbos fine work. I am glad that you got to come and see the different set ups and get some ideas. Look forward to seeing you at future hangs!
    Yes, special thanks to yojimbo for planning, but you seemed to take the lead on making sure the meals were sorted out... and did some fine DO cooking.

Hammock
    Tarp
    JRB univeral
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock 4
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    I just want to make sure that Virginia hangs are something people want to come back to. Something folks enjoy.
    Old Dominion Hangers
    KM4COF

Hammock
    Dream Raven
    Tarp
    Hennessy
    Insulation
    HG 20* Incubator
    Suspension
    EnoAtlas,RingLocks
    Thanks to all the experienced folks out there this weekend that helped make our first group hang a great one. Sorry we missed out on what sounded like a very nice Friday evening and brought rain with us Saturday, but Sat evening ended up wonderful as well once the weather finally broke. This was also the first time for my son in a hammock and though he got cold around 4:30, he still made it 7-8 straight hours before waking up and had a good time.

Good to have some experienced advice available as well, learned I've been using our Hammock Gear UQ inside out for 2 yrs now, ideas on how to get my tarp to fit the stands better, amazing DO setup for dinner, seeing Dutch's hardware at work, feedback on our DIY UQ, all the various ways to hang tarps, it was just a full day of learning for us and hope we can make this one next year.

IMG_20151107_142403_448.jpgIMG_20151107_145524_325.jpgIMG_20151107_182952_655.jpg

Hammock
    Tarp
    JRB univeral
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock 4
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by 94hokies View Post
    Thanks to all the experienced folks out there this weekend that helped make our first group hang a great one. Sorry we missed out on what sounded like a very nice Friday evening and brought rain with us Saturday, but Sat evening ended up wonderful as well once the weather finally broke. This was also the first time for my son in a hammock and though he got cold around 4:30, he still made it 7-8 straight hours before waking up and had a good time.

Good to have some experienced advice available as well, learned I've been using our Hammock Gear UQ inside out for 2 yrs now, ideas on how to get my tarp to fit the stands better, amazing DO setup for dinner, seeing Dutch's hardware at work, feedback on our DIY UQ, all the various ways to hang tarps, it was just a full day of learning for us and hope we can make this one next year.

IMG_20151107_142403_448.jpgIMG_20151107_145524_325.jpgIMG_20151107_182952_655.jpg
    Glad y'all had a good time and we are looking forward to seeing you at future hangs.
    Old Dominion Hangers
    KM4COF

As I am recovering from surgery I will add a few words myself.

Thanks Corey for your assistance in planning this hang. I think we have a good thing going with ODH and you are a big part of that.

For a hang where previous year' average temps being around 30*, we were all befuttled to be in shorts on Friday, but the rains brought them down to normal by Sunday. I was talking with Diab, the other original NoVa hanger. We are both so glad to see where this come from its humble beginnings.

Thanks Dutch for coming down and joining us. Your bling is col but your stories are even better. Thanks Fire for the name tags. I am terrible at remembering names and they sure helped.

Now to he food. Holy moly! Breakfast, second breakfast, elevensies, lunch then dinner. Dinner started with Steak on a Stake appetizer, followed by Jambolia, White chicken chili, ribs, corn pudding, pork loin with apple, breads. Dessert of Sweet Potato pie, apple cobbler and strawberry dump cake. Oh yea Dutch bling salad. No one walked away hungry.

Steak on a Stake

Rain can't keep us away from the fire.

This ground dweller was trying to get up in the trees.

Camo cave.
    Life is Good!
    Hammocks * Scouts * Kites
    用心棒

• + New Posts