I think it's great what you and your dad are planning to do. I looked at your one possiblility and all I could think of was HEAVY.

I would ask how many miles a day do you intend to hike and for how many days? Next I would ask what do you think the night/low temperatures will be each night. Answer those questions and I think some experienced hangers can give you some solid recommendations.

The next consideration is lead time. You can buy some things that can ship immediately but the gear you'll appreciate will have a lead time of "weeks".

My recommendation would be:

-A 10-11 ft hammock from Dream Hammocks with a continuous loop on each end
-- integrated bug net if it's "other" than winter and you don't like crawling or bitey things
-- single layer 1.6 fabric
-A whoopie sling suspension with tree straps and Dutch whoopie hooks from Dutch Gear
-a top and under quilt from Hammock Gear rated to the lowest temperature you expect to face.
-A Warbonnet Edge tarp
-A continous ridgeline with Dutch Gear from Whoopie Slings.com
-Tarp worms from Dutch Gear, 4 each
-Z line 1.25 from Zpacks PLUS 4 titanium shepard hook stakes

Put all of that together and you'll have a truly optimized hammock set up that's a high value proposition. It'll be warm and secure, relatively low weight, and after the hike you can sell it on the forum for 75 to 85% of what you paid for it if you decide not to continue.

There are alot of good set ups out there but this one would be pretty optimized. Feel free to contact me if you'd like.

Gideon