Tarp
    WBMJ
    Insulation
    AHE JB, HG, UQP
    Suspension
    WB Stock, Dutch

Need some sound advice

Hello HF,

What is the rave about these Warbonnet Hammocks? I was gonna switch from the HH ASYM Zip to a Clark NX250. Now I've been reading everything on here about the WB Hammocks and it has got me wondering. The only thing that I have noticed is that people sell the off for something different amd I don't see that with the Clark hammocks. Can someone educate me please.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx or Pads
    Suspension
    Straps and Biners
    Images
    Beats me,
    I've only seen a handful of Clarks at the various hangs and I don't own one. I've got a pair of hennessy hammocks and a Warbonnet Bridge. Just looking at the website I was a bit shocked at the price of the Clarks.

WB is a relatively small cottage vendor and I can get a Blackbird and Superfly tarp for around $350. That same combo with the Clark will set you back nearly $100 more. It also looks like the Clark setup weighs about a pound more than the equivalent WB system.

Clarks have been around for quite a while and appear to make a quality product. As hammocks in general are growing in popularity it looks like people are trying them out and some decide it's just not for them. Others might get a blackbird/expedition and decide it's a little short and look for a larger model.

I haven't sold a hammock yet but just keep buying more. Lots of people seem to like the Clarks. I don't think you can go wrong with either. Maybe it's more of a Ford, Chevy, Toyota kind of question.....

FYI....if you check in the SOLD/Withdrawn section you'll see quite a few Clark setups there. So it looks like Clark owners do tend to sell gear and upgrade too (maybe to another Clark or something else).
    Last edited by zukiguy; 11-01-2015 at 15:05.

Hammock
    10' DIY 1.0Hyper D
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    UGQ 0*+2TQ/0*+2UQ
    Suspension
    CinchBugs/ Whoops
    It really depends on what your intended use for the hammock is........
    Your style of camping.......
    Your style of hanging.......
    Is the weight of your gear an issue......
    How much do you weigh.......
    What seasons are you wanting to hang.......
    What terrain and weather are you expecting to go out in........

Most gear now days are VERY specific for their intended application

I bought a HH ULBP zip as my first hammock, that's what got me hooked. Since then I now hang in a DIY gathered end hammock because I don't need everything that is included in the Hennesey. I'm fine with no attached bug net, no ridgeline, no tieouts, no shelves, no over-covers, etc.
    My basic setup is hammock, suspension, insulation. Every other piece I take as needed......if needed at all.

I can say I really like Randy and Deanna's new "Sparrow" model. It has all the bells and whistles with the ability to take off any features that you won't use on that trip so you don't pack extra weight for nothing.
    http://www.dream-hammock.com/Sparrow.html
    As always HYOH, know your comfort levels, know your gear, and expected weather and terrain.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Clark hammocks weigh a ton and cost a lot - not a hiking hammock. Warbonnet is probably the most popular hammock on HF. However, I'm not much interested in integrated bugnets so their popularity has no effect on me!
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    I'm not familiar with Clark, but I have a WB Blackbird XLC and I love it! The shelf in it is so convenient...especially since I like to drag so much of my stuff into the hammock with me(!), but, most of all, it's just a super comfortable hammock--especially for a side-sleeper like me.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    They are comfortable....removable bug-net.....shelf...footbox.....bugnet way up off on face.......nice for sitting in. Made by one of our HF members.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    DW HALF-WIT
    Tarp
    OES G4
    Insulation
    EE, HG PHOENIX
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I just sold my wbbb xlc. It is an amazing piece of gear. I think depending on what your gram quest is. I wanted a sub 10# base pack weight. My wbbb wouldn't allow me to achieve this. So you hunt and search for lighter options. If I was a 4 season hiker I would of kept it.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 20
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    Images
    I have a WBBB XLC and I am very happy with it. The lay is really comfortable, there is a lot of room under the bug net and the shelf is super handy. If I look at the Clark, it looks to me like it is a hybrid between a bridge and a gathered end hammock, without obtaining the comfort benefits of either system. But I haven't tried it myself. From the videos I have seen I would rather opt to one of the other vendors on this forum. Their products look more appealing to me.
    Last edited by Kvothe; 11-02-2015 at 15:42.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, Clark NX-270
    Tarp
    WBMJ
    Insulation
    AHE JB, HG, UQP
    Suspension
    WB Stock, Dutch

Need some sound advice

I've been doing the reading on the WB hammocks. I think I'm gonna take the plunge and get one with a SF very soon. Looks like an incredible piece of gear. Thank you everyone for your input. There were definately some great points that caused me to do some more deep thinking.

Clark IS here on the forum. I tried for years to like the product but the weight and cost didn't suit my needs. Still, quite well made. My "full feature" hammock is a WBBB XLC. I opted for the XLC for the length(added comfort), ability to remove the bugnet, and, to a lesser extent, the option of a topcover (instead of the net) for cool weather. I went DL and I expect this hammock to last a long, long time. Something a bit lighter than the options I chose would make sense for a backpacking hammock, but this one's great for campgrounds and canoe trips. Besides, you will find that you need more than one...

I don't have a large tarp with doors yet. I'm going for the Winter Dream instead of the SF, but only because I want something in a different color. I think they're pretty equal in terms of quality and cost.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast