Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I have bags but no trunk, my bike is a Harley Soft tail heritage, I have the travel bags to stuff them in, but might have to invest into compression bags, maybe one for the bulky heavy Fulton. The Fulton I take w/me everywhere I know I am going to spend the night and I just figured it would be a good skeeter deterrent here in Florida, I also figured w/that mattress I wouldn't need an UQ. I am guessing cottage vendors are mom and pop stores, if that is the case which are the most popular and beneficial. So far I have been told my future purchase mentioned are to bulky, heavy, pricey. On my Motorcycle camping I have had a two man tent, fulton, sleeping cot, chair and of course the cooking thingies and food and various other items, included an 870 12ga and ccw, yeah my bike looked like the Beverly Hillbillies on their move lol, I have not tried to use an inverter on my bike for power yet, but researching that, and that Btry is going to be heavy as a mother, but not yet, I do that for car camping, the inverter and marine btry that is. Sure is a lot of things to look at for that new purchase

OK first thanx for the Info, Atlas Straps are $29plus, any suggestions on Regular straps and I have been looking into whoopee slings, and I guess Marty at Wilderness logic is what is a cottage vendor(newbie), I will look them up. So far I have been told my intended purchases are bulky, heavy, pricey. and why the Fulton Mattress, well usually if I am planning on sleeping anywhere I take my Mattress w/me, and I figured for here in Florida weather, it would also make a good skeeter deterrent on my backside. So far I do see UQ or TQ for my Florida camping, I might have a hard time parting from my Mattress but I might have to learn the hardway, then again some one mention mats and quilts? thanx a heap.

sorry for the delay but a lot of info to take in, I maybe wrong but for here in the Florida weather I don't think and I might be wrong I don't need TQ OR UQ, my Mattress yes its bulky, but I figured it to be a good skeeter deterrent to my backside and in the Motorcycle tent camping I have done so far all I needed was a sheet and a very nice 12" fan, besides my cot, Yeah my Harley looks like the Beverly Hillbilly's first move, Yes I will look into a mat, I don't know what is meant by a quilt and for what. I see a lot about cottage vendors and I am guessing they are mom and pop shops, if that's what they are which ones would be the most popular or beneficial to me? Whew a lot info to absorb and figure which is best now...

ok got it a group hang, I have plenty of time for the AT, Sept Oct of next year, can U just throw out the name of a few cottage vendors, I am guessing they are mom and pop shops for lack of better terms and me not knowing, I will go w/some of ur suggestions thanx, and sorry for the delay, What I thought would of been a good purchase turns out by others not such a good idea, but I did start this thread to learn and make a sound decision

thanx, will look into it, "now"

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    On Hammock Forums go to Subforums, then go to Hammock Gear Manufacturers and Services. There you will see a list of vendors or cottage vendors. After you write their name, look up their business on a search engine like Safari or Google. Then you can buy direct from the vendors who make your new gear. Some cottage vendors use mostly email and online ordering. Many of them will help you on the phone. And some of them will even do custom work. Good luck in your journey of sleeping in the air.

You are already better off than I was. You found Hammock Forums before you made a hammock purchase. I bought an ENO DN and Altas straps initially, THEN I found HF. Don't get me wrong, the ENO and straps aren't bad, they just aren't near as good as what you can find around here. I bought some fabric and whoopie slings, and haven't looked back. I may hang in that ENO sometimes, but even the double wide doesn't reach the comfort of an 11 foot DIY. I'm shorter and still think that length is more important than width. If you don't have access to a thread injector, no worries, buy something ready made from Dutch or any one of the previously mentioned vendors. Keep the futon pad for now if you must, but I bet you won't haul it around much longer once you see how much more compact you can go. An 11 footter from Dutch with tree straps will be about $75. Pretty soon you'll have your whole kit neatly packed in those saddle bags!

Welcome to the forum also...

thanx for the video link

Hammock
    Warbonnet Black Bird, Hybird DH
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Here's a link to the Hang calendar for Florida. https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...-2016-Schedule
    The next hang on the Calendar is the biggest. There will be tons of vendors showing there products. As well as hangers that would be willing to help show you the ropes. If you can't wait till January I live just a little north of you, and could possibly meet you at a part somewhere and set up some of my hammocks. I have quite a few different kinds, and also show you the difference between laying in a hammock with a underquilt as apposed to a sleeping pad.
    Here is a list of the hammocks I have available:
    Eno Double nest
    Grand Trunk Double
    Grand Trunk Ultralight
    Dutchware 11' Nylon
    Dutchware 10.5' Argon
    DIY 11' Hexon
    DIY 11' Nylon
    DIY 10' 1.0 Nylon
    Hennesy Asym Zip
    Warbonet BB
    Warbonet BBXL
    and hopefully by the end of this month I will get my 11' Hybird from Dream Hammock.
    Obviously I cant have them all up at once, so I could also help you learn how to set them up and whatnot.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123