Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wow! The Bonefire Whisper

In September I started discussions with Jeremy over at Bonefire Gear about purchasing what is now the Whisper Hammock he offers. I had been following Bonefire's product development since I started hammocking. I had just gotten back into hiking after several years off and an injury left me less able to handle miles on the trail as I had in the past. I was looking to lighten my load and go with a more minimal approach. Jeremy has several videos on Youtube about just that. I picked up what I could from those and also became interested in how his DIY projects increased in their quality and functionality as the series went on. Around that time I found the Hammock Forums here. On top of the great info and people here, I discovered Jeremy was also working on dialing in his DIY work here and possibly becoming a vendor. I was rather satisfied with my setup at the time, so I was just a very interested on looker. Not long ago, the Whisper was pronounced dialed in and finalized. I couldn't resist anymore. I ordered one after several in depth discussions with Jeremy.

The package from Bonefire arrived the day my husband and I were set to leave for a weekend hang in the north woods of Wisconsin. One of the things I had opted for was the upgraded suspension on this hammock. I did not get the time to practice with the tarp at all, so, I just set the tarp up independently as I would any other hang. I am still not an expert or what I would consider highly experienced in set up. I always spend quite a bit of time adjusting my set up and playing with little details during set up. I was astounded with this hammock. I don't believe I have ever had such an easy, fiddle free set up. Got it down the first try, in the pouring rain. That is what all you awesome experts talk about here about ease of set up!

I typically am a very active sleeper and am up several times a night, no matter my comfort level and how tired I am. I hit this hammy, was out cold and was only up once. I woke up in the morning and was totally refreshed. I haven't slept like that since I was in my 20's. This was so comfortable I couldn't believe it. I may not have a ton of experience with other hammocks but have tried and own several really nice hammocks and designs, each has been comfortable. I honestly thought I had a perfect set up for comfort. I wake up in the morning with no aches or pains, which is awesome. I still toss and turn and wake up many times a night. That is my norm though. . .I didn't even have to switch positions in the Whisper! Now I find myself suddenly thinking I can get rid of the rest of my hammocks. Of course I have to go more than a 2 night hang to be sure, but. . .

The service from Jeremy was second to none. The product is amazing! I would not hesitate to order this all over again. It is so worth it! As time goes on and I use this more and more I will post some pics and give more in depth insight on this. I just was so excited about this I needed to get my first take out there.

Hammock
    currently hammeck envy
    Tarp
    superfly, tadpole
    Insulation
    phnx,zepp,jbrdge
    Suspension
    straps, hammock an
    Nice but as we say pics or it didn't happen.....lol
    It's not the boulders that throw us off balance, it's the pebbles beneath our feet

Hammock
    diy insulated 10.5
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    becket hitch
    I had a chance to lay in one of these to test it out. Agree, his workmanship is awesome. It's definitely a hammock I have my eye on. Congratulations, I hope it serves you well.
    Crayons - they might look different, but they all taste the same

Hammock
    DIY or Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Bonefire Deluxe
    Images
    Glad you are enjoying the Whisper. Having seen the Whisper in person on a few occasions, its clear a lot of thought has gone into the design. The way he integrates the insulation is awesome. It's definitely on my wish list. Looking forward to seeing some pics.

I was totally blown away with how straight the lay was on this. I have longer hammocks and wider hammocks all promising the same thing and none are as flat as this. I was also worried there would be a huge calf ridge line in there with this length and width, and nothing, nada. Now mind you I am only 5'4" but still!

I promise to get pics as soon as I can. The whole weekend we were out was a washout.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Standard
    Insulation
    Burrow
    Suspension
    Warbonnet Straps
    I'm waiting on mine right now. The suspense is crazy! Glad you are enjoying yours, another good reason why I pulled the trigger on one. Jeremy is just plain awesome to deal with. He has put up with my back and forth questions for ages now. But we need pictures or video.
    Brady

Hammock
    Dreamhammock Darien
    Tarp
    HG 10' Camo Tarp d
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    evoloop
    Congrats !!
    I've have also one of his Whisper'szzzz and Jeremy had all the patience of the world to answer all of my questions (extreme amount of ).
    It serves me very well and I hope also for you.

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Jeremy does great work.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    Bonefire™ Bridge
    Tarp
    Bonefire™ Shadow
    Insulation
    Bonefire™ UQ
    Suspension
    Bonefire™ Deluxe
    Images
    I'm blown away by the positive words. Thank you all. I will do my best to continue to live up to and surpass your expectations.
    -Jeremy "Brother Bones"
    Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    ...he's a mountain goat crossed with a marathoner.

Banned
    Hammock
    Nylon between two trees.
    Tarp
    Simply Light
    Insulation
    enLIGHTened Eqmt.
    Suspension
    Made Some Whoopie!
    Honestly, I haven't been this excited about a new hammock since I first bought one of Brandon's Blackbirds that had a new-fangled footbox thingy, back before he was Warbonnet. It's like going from a horse and buggy to the space shuttle all at once. Big technological leap in hammock innovation. Great job, Jeremy!

hammock meme 5.jpg hammock meme 4.jpg

BF
    Last edited by bigfoot2; 11-11-2015 at 14:15.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast