DH Raven
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex 70D
    Insulation
    UGQ Bandit/LLG CP
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle

Hammock Envy-S Users

I have a couple of questions for the Envy-S users. First on the Peekaboo cover do you find that the amount of ventilation is sufficient for the summer month's or is the full net cover needed to stay comfortable? I am considering purchasing one and this would help me make the decision on weather I need to get the optional net. Also I am 6'1" and 230lbs does anyone have an opinion if the standard width fabric would be wide enough or would I need it to be wider. I am considering a 11ft SL in 2.4 Hexon or RSBTR Hex70 if wider width is needed.

Hammock
    11ft
    Tarp
    DIY or Bullfrog
    Insulation
    TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Bug

Hammock Envy-S Users

I chose the Envy because in warmer conditions, I need there to be as much ventilation as possible. I felt like the partial cover/bug net would still limit ventilation more than I'd be comfortable with.

Of course, HYOH.
    Last edited by Uphill; 11-01-2015 at 18:57.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I picked one up off the forum here about a month and a half ago and love it. I'm back in the woods in southeast OK and have been sleeping in it outside every night since. Now this is the tail end of summer and the screening on the peekaboo cover has been plenty. Maybe during the hottest part of summer here I would want to switch to the screen topcover, but since you're up in MN I think you wouldn't need it. The only problem I've had with it is the zippers for the screen have tiny pulls, need to add some pulls, and you have to be fairly careful zipping it open or closed because the screen wants to get caught in the zipper.

I'm coming from a Warbonnet Blackbird XLC where I spent the bulk of the summer and I find the envy s to be roomier inside so I don't think you'd need the extra width fabric. I'm 6' and about 240 lbs. I do miss the shelf on the xlc but I'm adapting to a ridgeline organizer. Using it I find I need to be a little more discerning and organized about what I bring in with me a night. The shelf in comparison is like a junk closet, just throw things in there and you're good to go.

I'm also loving having the top cover zipped up on the recent cool nights. Makes it warmer for sure, plus darker in the morning, I can sleep in if I want.
    Last edited by sustaireblues; 10-30-2015 at 21:02. Reason: added thoughts

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy-S and SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Some WL and UGQ
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies
    Images
    I used my Envy-S for a week in August. The nighttime temps were between 75 and just over 80 when I went to bed each night. At that temp, I found the pure bug net top cover more comfortable. By morning when the temps had dropped to 70, or a little less, the Envy-S TC was fine. I'm a pretty cold sleeper, I think, so maybe that impacts my advice.

But my advice would be to get the full net TC if you expect it to be over 70 at night in the summer, but you don't _really_ need it, even then. It's more of a convenience or comfort. And I'm not even sure your summers are that warm.

I will agree that adding zipper pulls helps with the TC at night, in the dark. But I haven't had any issues with the zippers catching on the net, thankfully.

I'm looking to buy one of these but am waiting for the Mecks to stock the wide 72 inch fabrics. I assume they will be available next season, so you may want to wait.

Hammock
    DIY 1.7MTN
    Tarp
    HG Camo DCF Palace
    Insulation
    Incubator/Alsek
    Suspension
    Strap/Cinch Buckle
    All it takes is an email to them. They will use any fabric that you would like. There is like a $15 upcharge for the xl fabrics.

Need Adventure...Make Adventure

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy-S and SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Some WL and UGQ
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Clifton View Post
    I'm looking to buy one of these but am waiting for the Mecks to stock the wide 72 inch fabrics. I assume they will be available next season, so you may want to wait.
    Yup, I agree with Countrybois. My Envy-S is Hyper-D XL. 72" wide fabric.

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy-S Argon SL 1.6
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    JRB TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I just got my Envy S and have only hung outside one night so far. I can tell you that the venting seems to work very well. Of course, this was temps at about 45deg....but when I unzipped just the top part of thr cover about 3 inches, a cool rush of air came in. I would think that it would be similar at any temps though.
    Or you could just get a Netty for the summer and Envy for the winter. Thats what I did....lol.
    Hammecks are awesome!

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I have a 64" wide ENVYS and at 6ft2 and 275+ lbs I find it plenty wide. If you are going to be using it during the warm summer months then get the optional bug bug.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    DH Raven
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex 70D
    Insulation
    UGQ Bandit/LLG CP
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by sustaireblues View Post
    I'm coming from a Warbonnet Blackbird XLC where I spent the bulk of the summer and I find the envy s to be roomier inside so I don't think you'd need the extra width fabric. I'm 6' and about 240 lbs. I do miss the shelf on the xlc but I'm adapting to a ridgeline organizer. Using it I find I need to be a little more discerning and organized about what I bring in with me a night. The shelf in comparison is like a junk closet, just throw things in there and you're good to go.
    The Blackbird XLC is also a hammock I am considering, what made you switch?

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast