The Mutton Chop
    Tarp
    Hybrid Beard Cover
    Insulation
    DD Underblanket
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Our Website?

What do you guys think of our website? Is it easy to navigate? I want it to be great and would love to hear some opinions.
    BeardedHanger.com - Custom Made Hammocks and Accessories, Made in the USA

10% off entire order by entering HammockForums.net during checkout

Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Instagram and Twitter

Hammock
    One of my creations
    Tarp
    one of my DIYs
    Insulation
    DIY down or PL
    Suspension
    Something Ti
    I'm no expert, but I am currently taking a Web Design class and a couple others that relate to usability. So, I'm going to be a little picky.

The overall layout isn't bad. As a bearded man I love your logo, but I think it's killing your site where it is right know. I have a biggish screen at 1080 and I have to scroll down to see what you are about on the home screen. Viewed at lower resolutions you really can't see much of anything on any of the tabs. That has the possibility of tuning people off just because of the scrolling. If you don't have heuristics built in to see the resolution people are using fix that and build to the lowest common denominator.

The upgrades section seems a little weird to me, specifically the redundant items found in accessories. The three unique items are custom work, knotty mod and tie outs. Why don't you have the knotty mod and tie out options on the individual hammock order forms? You could have detailed descriptions/pics of the knotty mod in the hammock tab and move the custom work there as well. That's just my thought process and you probably want to run it past a few different people to see what they like best.

You currently have some formatting issues with your tables on the Fabrics page. 2 extra columns in the 1.6 HyperD colors and Orange, Olive Yellow, and blue are the only pics showing up. Extra column in the 1.9 oz description and extra row in the colors.

When I saw the completed hammocks tab I was expecting to find in stock items for sale. I assume these are examples of work already sold. So, many be gallery or something like that might be less confusion, but once again run that past a few people. Again, you have an extra row at the bottom of the table. Another thought would be to put descriptions of each hammock so we have an idea of what we're looking at.

Hope that helps.

Hammock
    The Mutton Chop
    Tarp
    Hybrid Beard Cover
    Insulation
    DD Underblanket
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I appreciate your insight. I just changed to a different theme and a few of the formatting issues happened after the change. I need to get those things fixed.

On my computer, the main "bearded hanger" logo is also occupying too much space when I first enter the website - I can only see the word "hammocks" below the logo, and everything else below it is off the screen. The social media icons on the right also overlap some of the hammock descriptions when I clicked on the pages for the different hammocks. One thought would be to add a description of which hammock might be best for you - there's a fabric description of what's different about each hammock, but a comparison page with specs and what the best uses and intentions are would be helpful imho.

Hammock
    Double-Layer 11'
    Tarp
    Realtree w/ doors
    Insulation
    TQ - UGQ, UQ - DIY
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    You have a great logo as others have said. However, the size is creating too much white space at the top. When people arrive at the website, you want them to lock in on your featured content and products effortlessly.

My first thought would be to simplify the logo. Pare it down to just the graphic and your company name perhaps. Then move it up and out of the way somehow so you can push the good stuff up into plain view when folks load your opening page.

For reference, here's what your landing page looks like on my current monitor:

screenshot.jpg
    - Kyle

www.RipstopbytheRoll.com | "The Best Fabrics on Earth. Guaranteed."

Hammock
    Mood Dependent
    Tarp
    Weather Dependent
    Insulation
    Just Dependent
    Suspension
    Beckett Up Pardner
    Images
    I would say compared to other simple ecommerce sites, it's very decent and a good start. You've chosen a responsive design template which is great. The overall layout is simple and straight forward. Product pages are very clean. You should probably condense your main navigation a bit. You don't need your lead times as a top level button for example. There are the nitpick things mentioned above but you will just get it fine tuned as you go and learn a bit more. Since your coming from a content management system just do some research on good layout and design, also try to pick up a little experience with html5 and css3 so maybe you can add some customization to your layouts. I'm an ecommerce web developer of 15 years so I just wanted to pipe in to say its a great start.

Hammock
    Tropical Ultra, Mark2, NX-270
    Tarp
    Winter Dream 12
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Do you have a link? Make it easy for people.

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ripstopbytheroll View Post
    ...For reference, here's what your landing page looks like on my current monitor:

screenshot.jpg
    Well, I for one think its good like it is, logo sizing and everything else, with the exception that the big outdoor pic is lacking something - can't quite figure out what. I think without that certain something, the outdoor pic doesn't add all that much and blocks some content (makes you have to scroll).

And as others have said, the social media icons are intrusive. They can be hidden, but the unhide arrows are located in the compare icon, which is something that also seems intrusive and completely unnecessary. Agreed that a large chart comparison of all hammock configurations AND individual accessories is what I'd rather see.

Looks good, though, and I love the fact that you have a 10.5' option. Of the several hammocks I have now, I've got a 10.5 footer that is my favorite. Its an older hammock, so I may be back to your site sooner rather than later.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    The Mutton Chop
    Tarp
    Hybrid Beard Cover
    Insulation
    DD Underblanket
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotaross View Post
    Well, I for one think its good like it is, logo sizing and everything else, with the exception that the big outdoor pic is lacking something - can't quite figure out what. I think without that certain something, the outdoor pic doesn't add all that much and blocks some content (makes you have to scroll).

And as others have said, the social media icons are intrusive. They can be hidden, but the unhide arrows are located in the compare icon, which is something that also seems intrusive and completely unnecessary. Agreed that a large chart comparison of all hammock configurations AND individual accessories is what I'd rather see.

Looks good, though, and I love the fact that you have a 10.5' option. Of the several hammocks I have now, I've got a 10.5 footer that is my favorite. Its an older hammock, so I may be back to your site sooner rather than later.
    Thanks for the insight. The outdoor pic without a certain something should be removed. I am going camping tonight and will shoot some new pics for the site with that important unnamed object. I had already started a comparison chart before it was mentioned in the first post, so I guess I was on the right track. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by 84Hanger View Post
    Do you have a link? Make it easy for people.
    www.BeardedHanger.com
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast