Hammeck Netty 11', 1.6 SL Hexon
    Tarp
    11' UGQ Hanger
    Insulation
    LL habanero 20
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles

1.0 vs 1.6 Hexon

Hi guys just wondering the pros and cons of a 210lb guy getting a 1.0 Hexon Netty vs a 1.6 Hexon Netty.

I would lean toward 1.6 because I am at the upper limits on the 1.0, but wanted to make sure that was the better call.

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy-S
    Tarp
    HG
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by Namtrag View Post
    Hi guys just wondering the pros and cons of a 210lb guy getting a 1.0 Hexon Netty vs a 1.6 Hexon Netty.

I would lean toward 1.6 because I am at the upper limits on the 1.0, but wanted to make sure that was the better call.
    The 1.0, as a lighter fabric, differs from the 1.6 in two ways. The first is stretch. The lighter fabric will provide less support (or more give, whichever way you want to look at it). Some people prefer stretchier fabrics, some prefer more support. There's no real rhyme nor reason to it, so you tend to heave to try it out for yourself to decide. The second difference, as you probably guessed, is weight support. We have the 1.0 rated to 225 pounds. The heavier the user, the more noticeable the stretch. Also, the closer a user is to the upper weight limit, the more the likelihood of catastrophic failure increases over time. A hammock certainly has a "lifespan", but there are far too many factors that contribute to that, we can't possibly guess what that amount of time might be. One of those factors, however, is the weight of the user versus the weight of the material.

So really, it comes down to user preference. If you're going to be using it for backpacking and want to shed as much weight as possible, even if it is at the expense of needing to replace the hammock somewhat sooner, the 1.0 might be the way to go, especially if you also prefer extra stretch. If you prefer to err on the side of caution (greater peace of mind), and don't mind the additional weight penalty, the 1.6 is the way to go.

As far as my personal use... I weigh in around 175 pounds, and I go with the 1.6 (Envy-S) for hangs and car camping trips. I have a 1.0 Netty that I use for backpacking.

Hope that helps!
    Hammeck - Hammocks, stands, and accessories, made by the Meck family.

Like us on Facebook!

Hammock
    Netty, DW Nylon D,
    Tarp
    Camo Superfly
    Insulation
    G.Pepper 0 Inc 20
    Suspension
    Webbing/Whoopies
    I have the 1.6 and at 225 lbs, I find it very comfortable. Enough stretch to have a really nice feel and "give" with the added security of strength and durability. I dig mine.

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy S
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG 0Burrow/Incubtr
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Can you guys give me some considerations between the Hexon 1.6 and the Argon 1.6?

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy S
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG 0Burrow/Incubtr
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    And is there any idea when the Hexon will be available in camo?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Paul View Post
    Can you guys give me some considerations between the Hexon 1.6 and the Argon 1.6?

Hammock
    Envy S
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Paul View Post
    The Hexon 1.6 has a higher weight rating because of the double ripstop weave. The weave is a square and a diamond. Because of the double ripstop weave you will notice less stretch when comparing it to Argon 1.6

Both fabrics are nylon but the Argon has an almost cotton feel to it.

Both fabrics are great to work with from the sewing point of view.

When polling the family we are split pretty much 50/50 on preference. The Hexon is definitely the "cooler looking" fabric with the double ripstop weave.

I currently have a Hexon 1.6 Olive Green Envy S and a Argon 1.6 Forest Green Envy S. Both are a very comfortable lay. For me the Argon edges out the Hexon because I like a little extra stretch. The boys prefer the Hexon. Maybe its an age thing

As for Hexon being available in camo, we have not heard anything to date but I will check for you.

Like us on Facebook!

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy S
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG 0Burrow/Incubtr
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Wow, what a great well thought out and complete answer. Thank you. OK how about this? I like the camo of the argon so say I might want that for the cover and top triangles but say I want a Hexon hammock. It's a little hard to tell from the pictures but would that kind of olive green Hexon go well with that camo?

Quote Originally Posted by MomMeck View Post
    The Hexon 1.6 has a higher weight rating because of the double ripstop weave. The weave is a square and a diamond. Because of the double ripstop weave you will notice less stretch when comparing it to Argon 1.6

Both fabrics are nylon but the Argon has an almost cotton feel to it.

Both fabrics are great to work with from the sewing point of view.

When polling the family we are split pretty much 50/50 on preference. The Hexon is definitely the "cooler looking" fabric with the double ripstop weave.

I currently have a Hexon 1.6 Olive Green Envy S and a Argon 1.6 Forest Green Envy S. Both are a very comfortable lay. For me the Argon edges out the Hexon because I like a little extra stretch. The boys prefer the Hexon. Maybe its an age thing

As for Hexon being available in camo, we have not heard anything to date but I will check for you.

Hammock
    Envy S
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    The Olive Green Hexon 1.6 is very close in color to actual olives.(I have actually held it up to a jar of olives) The Dark Olive is a better look with the camo. I will gladly send you any color swatches you want to aid in making a choice you will be VERY HAPPY with. We understand that this is a major purchase and strive to make sure we have Happy Customers. Just send us your address and color swatches request to [email protected]

Like us on Facebook!

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    The camo Hexon is on the drawing board but hasn't been ordered yet. I would say sometime mid 2016.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

• + New Posts