Tarp
    WB superfly
    Insulation
    various UGQ's
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas straps
    Images

What is the best way to organize hammock gear

I am trying to organize my hammock gear so I can just grab what I need and go, I really want to setup a container with all the hardware inside, like cordage, tensioners, carabiners ect.
    How do you folks do it?
    I can't seem to find many ideas online just a picture of some cord bundles, this picture is not my cordage, just an example.

ParachuteCordManagement-6.jpg
    Last edited by bmwrider; 10-26-2015 at 22:34.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    WBCB+2QZQ doors
    Suspension
    Straps w/D-clips
    I have a crappy pressboard cabinet in my garage. I have a shelf, my son has a shelf, another shelf for tents/hammocks, and finally the bottom is for all the misc. / shared gear. When we camp, we just hit the cabinet and go!

a number of folks make a roll-up pouch with pockets and a covering flap/ flop the flap over the pockets and roll it up. works fairly well- like a ridge-line organizer but made out of sil-nylon or sil-poly and not the net.

I may have misspoken , upon rereading your post I see that you are looking for storage for all your kit, sorry, I thought you were looking for ideas on how to store your lines, stakes, toggles, clips, biners, etc. generally my gear is on the shelf.
    Last edited by ylnfrt; 10-26-2015 at 22:34.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Dang, that's a lot of cord - looks like paracord. I carry much less cordage than depicted. I think my Zing-it 1.75 mm ridgeline (Dutch hook - Wasp),and tie-outs with my Amsteel 7/64 whoopie slings, might be as big as 1/2 of one of those bundles. My tarp ridgeline and tie-outs are always permanently attached to the tarp, and the whoopie slings (with Dutch whoopie hooks) are stored with the hammock in its stuff sack.

I carry a small pouch with some Amsteel soft shackles, dogbones and continuous loops. That way I never have to tie a knot. I also carry 10 or 20 ft. of Zing-it 1.75, more if I need to hang a bear bag. I usually carry a couple of non-weight bearing carabiners in the pouch as well (don't have much use for weight-bearing carabiners).
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    WB superfly
    Insulation
    various UGQ's
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    Dang, that's a lot of cord - looks like paracord. I carry much less cordage than depicted. I think my Zing-it 1.75 mm ridgeline (Dutch hook - Wasp),and tie-outs with my Amsteel 7/64 whoopie slings, might be as big as 1/2 of one of those bundles. My tarp ridgeline and tie-outs are always permanently attached to the tarp, and the whoopie slings (with Dutch whoopie hooks) are stored with the hammock in its stuff sack.

I carry a small pouch with some Amsteel soft shackles, dogbones and continuous loops. That way I never have to tie a knot. I also carry 10 or 20 ft. of Zing-it 1.75, more if I need to hang a bear bag. I usually carry a couple of non-weight bearing carabiners in the pouch as well (don't have much use for weight-bearing carabiners).
    The picture is not mine, just an example, I don't use paracord for hammock gear.

Hammock
    Dutch,SLD
    Tarp
    Superfly,Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Clear plastic tubs with lids and a checklist in each one.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ 13' WD w/poles
    Insulation
    20* HG/UGQ Quilts
    Suspension
    Kevlar/amsteel
    I like to use storage tubs. Lots of tubs. One for packs, two for down gear, one for camp specific clothes, one for canoe gear, one for camp food, one for misc gear, and one for diy gear. I do the same with my hunting gear.
    I rely on this so much I usually don't forget anything but I did manage to forget my canoe paddles on my last trip... If they'd fit in a tub I wouldn't have left them in the garage. Now I leave them in the canoe.
    I've seen some people take photos of their gear layouts to make sure they have everything and really want to try that myself .

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwrider View Post
    The picture is not mine, just an example, I don't use paracord for hammock gear.
    Understood. I just don't have any need for any organizing system for my cord other than a small pouch because my cordage requirements are so minimal. Even if I carried a 100 ft. hank of Amsteel 7/64, and 200 ft. of Zing-It, I still don't think it would take up more than a small ripstop pouch with a drawstring. Dyneema is rather puny as rope goes.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    DIY Dangerous Bird
    Tarp
    DIY Rooftop
    Insulation
    DIY Apex/Argon
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Shelves for most of my gear. Cook kits/food items top shelf, hammocks & tarps second shelf and packs hanging underneath. The extra shelf is for odds & ends. Don't pay any attention to those tent looking things in the corner

This portable wardrobe works perfectly for keeping my quilts all in one place, letting them loft and keeping the cats out of them.

-Jon-

Hammock
    DIY 12ft Ripstop
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon
    Insulation
    DIY CS UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie + Hug
    Ziplock bags! You can get them in all sizes! I have all my suspension systems in them. Just mark a small bag with the content and keep them in a bigger one.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast