Color: Assorted Colors
    Specification
    Product weight : 0.521 kg
    Package weight : 0.600 kg
    Product size (L x W x H) : 270.0 x 135.0 x 1.0 cm
    Package size (L x W x H) : 20.0 x 15.0 x 8.0 cm
    Package Contents
    Package Contents: 1 x Hammock, 2 x Tying Rope, 2 x Stainless Buckle

I was contacted by GearBest.com and asked to do a review of one of their hammocks and they let me pick out a hammock which they then sent to me at no charge.

Weights and measurements I came up with.....

Total weight of hammock and suspension in stuff sack : 17.2 ounces or 488 grams

Weight of suspension rope: 2.5 ounces or 71 grams

Weight of steel binners and rope for end channels: 4.3 ounces or 121 grams

Weight of just hammock with no suspension parts: 10.3 ounces or 293 grams

Hammock Length: 54” at end ( 4 ft 6 inches)

Hammock width: 101 inches long ( 8 feet 5 inches )

The hammock was received as the wife and I were leaving for the Grayson Fall hammock hang so I took it with us to test.

At our camp site the first night I opened the box to check out the hammock.

The hammock came in its own stuff sack which can be seen in the picture. Also included with the hammock were two heavy steel binners and two 6 foot long braided ropes ( not sure what kind of material the ropes are made from and it does not state what the material is on Gearbest's site) to be used for suspending the hammock. I did not find any instructions on how to use the hammock in the box.

As I always do with any new hammock, I first checked the quality of the stitches and I was surprised at how well it is put together. The only loose threads I found were in the stuff sack. The hammock body had a main center panel of fabric with a contrasting color panel on either side. I found that the hammock has a sewn-ed end channel.

The same rope used for the “tying rope” is also used thru the end channels of the hammock and the steel binners are attached to this rope.

The hammock came with two “Tying Rope”'s about 6 feet long each. The instructions on line are not very clear on how to use these tying ropes. To add to the confusion there are also pictures of some sort of webbing that is not included with the hammock.

I tied over hand loops in each end of the hammock and attached one rope to each end of the hammock's binners. Due to the shortness of the hammock and the tying ropes I could not find any trees close enough to set up the hammock so I broke out some extra tree straps so I could set up the hammock.

The wife who is 5ft 3 got into the hammock for several minutes and said it felt a bit small for her

We were not able to set it up at the group hammock hang as planned due to rain.

Once we got home, I had to wait about 2 weeks for the rain to stop so I could set the hammock up outside in my backyard hammock testing area.

As the tying ropes are too short to be useful, I used some cinch buckles and webbing to set up the hammock.

Once again I got the wife to get in the hammock. After a few minutes of my making suggestions of how to lay in the hammock she said she could not get comfortable in it but when asked she say that she could spend the night in it if it was an emergency.

It was then my turn to get into the hammock. I am 6ft 2 and weight 275 lbs which is well with in the stated weight limits for this hammock.

I found the hammock to be solid with very little stretch. The fabric feels very similar to my Grand Trunk Double Parachute.

I did my best to lay at an angle in the hammock but found it too narrow for my height to get a comfortable lay in it. I was able to reach behind me and easily grab the suspension.

Conclusion:

This a very well made hammock especially for being under $18 with free shipping. However due to it's small size I could not recommend this hammock for most adults. However it would make a great hammock for children getting into hammock hanging or as a gear hammock. I would also recommend that you get rid of the tying rope and heavy steel binnes and replace them with Amsteel Whoopies and or cinch buckles and web straps.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gunner76; 10-23-2015 at 15:23.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    More pictures....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Would make a good gear sling for $ 18.00 shipped, or child starter like you said.

I got an email from them the other day saying that they are opening a U.S. Warehouse so shipping won't take a month anymore.

• + New Posts