Netty Hammeck
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    JRB MW3 uq
    Suspension
    straps & rings
    Images
    What camera did you use to shoot the video? The quality was amazing. Time lapse feature is very impressive. The clarity of the campfire really stood out. Looks like it was a great trip.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ Doors
    Insulation
    WB Yeti / HG Incub
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by campergf23 View Post
    I enjoyed it, I thought for the most part it was a kinda boring trail... Like it was nice but there wasn't any amazing views or anything like that. I was kinda disappointed with Ramona lake... It was just so small and dead, the sights were all small. The fall colours were amazing! I think the website said that they where at peak when I was there.

We ran into a group of people that suggested walking a little further north and staying at thunder lake instead of Ramona. If I do this loop again I'll defiantly do that, or keep hiking to Guwesku lake. The hike from Ramona to Guwesku only takes ~ an hour and it's a lot nicer of a lake.

I'll defiantly look into the highlands trail, but I think next year I want to do the la cloche silhouette trail in Killarney. Looks beautiful there.
    Agreed - and good to know about Guwesku Lake. Ramona definitely felt small and dead haha. The farthest site there was taken, but it looked like the nicest one. Maggie's Lake was really nice though.

I was looking into the la cloche silhouette trail in Killarney as well, sounds really nice and I haven't been in Killarney yet.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ Doors
    Insulation
    WB Yeti / HG Incub
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by OutdoorEnvy View Post
    Nice trip, looked like a good time. Thanks for the share!
    Was a great time. Thanks for checking it out.

Quote Originally Posted by sbeauchamp View Post
    What camera did you use to shoot the video? The quality was amazing. Time lapse feature is very impressive. The clarity of the campfire really stood out. Looks like it was a great trip.
    All of the video was shot with my phone - Samsung Galaxy S5. I used to lug my DSLR and a big lens around with me, but it was more of a burden than I wanted (and I didn't enjoy the trip as much). Now I just use my S5, which is light, waterproof, great battery life, and has swappable batteries. I shot this whole video using it, and all of the pictures & timelapses. Plus I can use it as a GPS, for music, backup flashlight, etc, etc. I shoot HDR video, and most shots are at 60fps (to reduce motion blur - but I forgot for some shots so they're blurry).

And this tripod is a lot smaller too:
    http://www.mec.ca/product/5035-379/j...nd/?f=10+50336

For the timelapses, I mentioned in a previous comment: I used Framelapse Pro for Android because it has a sleep feature, which turns the screen off while it's recording. $3.72 saved be from carrying an extra battery, which ultimately saves me pack weight!

When I was on Ramona I had the whole lake to myself, and was on the furthest site. It was nice but not amazing, the lake access wasn't great. Very swampy and muddy. Wouldn't want to stay there during the summer when I would want to swim. On Maggie lake the 3rd site is the best. Nice and big with a rocky point.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ Doors
    Insulation
    WB Yeti / HG Incub
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by campergf23 View Post
    When I was on Ramona I had the whole lake to myself, and was on the furthest site. It was nice but not amazing, the lake access wasn't great. Very swampy and muddy. Wouldn't want to stay there during the summer when I would want to swim. On Maggie lake the 3rd site is the best. Nice and big with a rocky point.
    All good information, thank you. I'll refer back to this next time I plan a trip here. Overall it's a good trail for mainly covering some miles, along with some nice lakes to camp at.

Hammock
    WL Night Owl
    Tarp
    WL BD TP
    Insulation
    WL TQ, WL UQ
    Suspension
    Whoppies/Straps
    Images
    Thanks, nice view of your trip..
    If a woman doesn't find you handsome, she should at least find you handy...Red Green

Jerry,

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ Doors
    Insulation
    WB Yeti / HG Incub
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Spurr View Post
    Thanks, nice view of your trip..
    Glad to share Spurr, thanks for watching.

Hammock
    Dutch 1.6
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Fun to use `em all
    Looks like a memorable trip... thanks for sharing! I took my wife on her first backpacking trip this past weekend and wish I would have had that Framelapse program. I just bought it and will definitely play with it next time.

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    I enjoyed the video. Just got my daughters S5 after my Note 2 died. Good to know it takes good videos

Quote Originally Posted by YellowRain View Post
    Since I use a pad on my feet along with my 3/4 Yeti, it was slipping out of the hammock a bit. I almost got used to it though. Let me know if anyone has any questions.
    If you put the small pad for your feet inside your sleeping bag/top quilt foot box, it will stay in place.
    And you can consider a DIY knotty mod to keep things in the hammock if they are slipping out. Course bug nets help as you know.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ Doors
    Insulation
    WB Yeti / HG Incub
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by bluecrow76 View Post
    Looks like a memorable trip... thanks for sharing! I took my wife on her first backpacking trip this past weekend and wish I would have had that Framelapse program. I just bought it and will definitely play with it next time.
    Glad to share, and thanks for watching!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast