Netty/ Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    gnome dome/mctarp
    Insulation
    Incubator/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Images

NC> October 8th-11th> Jordan Lake, Vista point campground, Pittsboro NC.

Well we had another great hang in NC. We arrived Thursday to find one of our new hangers, Crappieyaker, had beaten us to the site, of course we were running late. Timberlake was there keeping him company. Timberlake just dropped by to help us set up, because he was in the area, and didn't stay to hang. Wasn't that just the nicest thing? PappyAmos rolled in next, and we got to setting up some stuff. Tacoma96 swung by for about 15 minutes and dropped off a load of firewood for us, and he came back around Friday night to hang with us for the weekend. DavyRay joined us for some fire sitting and hanging as well. Starfish_Comet came by and set up her site, and joined us again Friday after work for the hang. We had beautiful weather Thursday and Friday. Onebuttontoosexy and his lovely girl came in and hung up their ridgerunners. For noobies they did a great job. JBMundy and his girl decided to snuggle in 2 hammocks under one tarp down towards the water view. They brought their furry friend Carly, who found a way to slip her leash during the night and scout the camp to be sure we were free of raccoons. She did a great job too. Crappieyaker's lovely bride came in Friday night, and I'm pretty sure Thelma will be getting a complete hammock set up by Monday. She did awesome, and she loves hammocking, Yay!. Fibby, her guy and her furry friend joined us Saturday, and they set up in the rain, bless their hearts. Pyrahh1 and his girl came by during our little rain storm and hung out under the canopies for a bit. They were able to check out some set ups and get some explanations when the weather cleared. They stayed and had some dinner. Phantomgrappler surprised us by showing up Saturday. He showed us how to tie some useful knots. Hipbone and MtnGoat arrived Saturday around lunch, and stayed to visit until time for the gate to lock. There was a lot of good food and good company shared. Some very educational conversations went on about hiking the AT. We had one game of ladder ball before the rain cancelled play. Tacoma96 is still the top player. KingsFord and I loved hosting this hang, because we loved visiting with old friends, and making new ones. You guys are the best. We also wanted you to know we very much appreciated all the help with setting up and taking down, and help with the dishes. Thank you to all who got ice, and Crappieyaker for the waters and paper towels. Thank you Starfish_Comet for help taking down the bathroom setup, and for all you do. Thank everyone who brought food. Thank you Tacoma96, and Stubby for setting up Mexican night Saturday. We both appreciate that you wanted to give us a break from cooking. Thank you PappyAmos for all your help and for calibrating the drinks. Thanks DavyRay for the fire tarp placement. Hope to see everyone of you at a hang in the future.
    If you don't like my cooking there's always MRE's.***Hotlips

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Minifly/Pappy Plce
    Insulation
    Down/Apex
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    A great time was had by all. Hotlips and Kingsford did their usual cooking magic and Tacoma stepped up to save the Saturday night dinner with his great Hispanic preparation. It did rain on us for about 6 hours mid morning to mid afternoon on Saturday but didn't stop the festivities. Got to meet many new hanging friends. Overall a great hang and thanks to Hotlips and Kingsford for making it happen.

Although we had rain . . . I returned to CB to find the same storm left the town flooded worse than a week ago. XYL reported it rained so hard you couldn't see across the street. Hope this is the last of the rain for a while.

Hammock
    WBBB, RR, Eno Dn
    Tarp
    WB SF, CB
    Insulation
    WB Mamba, UGQUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies, D Clips
    Well I can say that this has been a busy week. Starting with Tuesday Night my wife and I hosted an event for another hobby which was only two hours long and 23 people attended. Between coordinating that event and getting ready for this hang was a challenge since I decided to take on bringing firewood, ice cream, and helping with the Saturday Night Meal. Did not mind taking on the extra work since I don’t know how many hangs I will be able to attend in the future with an upcoming job promotion and taking on new business. I will have to wait and see.

Great time meeting all the new people and seeing the normal I always hang with. Vista Point is a very nice campground and was nicely located. My job is the halfway point between my house and Vista Point. Dropped off some firewood on Thursday, stayed about 15 minutes then went to the house. Loaded up my gear on Thursday Night and Friday Morning then went to work before heading out to this event. Decided during lunch time to pick up a blue tarp and some rope to place over the fire pit as I saw rain was in the forecast for Saturday and it did rain.
    Arrived on Friday and met up with the norms and a few new peoples. Set my gear about the time Hotlips and Kingsford were ready to serve hamburgers (they were great). Conversations Friday night around the fireplace were great where Pappyamos helped with some calibrating (thanks).

Saturday morning went great with Hotlips and Kingsford having breakfast, followed by lunch. Did manage to play a game of ladder golf with Jbmundys lady, and a game with Starfish Comet. Then the rain came in so most of the afternoon was around the campfire under tarps and canopies while trying to keep the fire going. Was planning on doing a hike while at this event but the rain would make the trails very dangerous so I cancelled that. Did give some advice (2 cents) about hanging hammocks to some of the newer people. Dinner was approaching and hoped that the rain would let up and it did. We had a Mexican theme for dinner. So thanks to Starfish Comet, Hipbone, MtnGoat, (Hotlips for sneaking in the brownies), Fibby and all the rest who participated, really appreciate it. Thanks to all who ate the ice cream so I did not have to throw much away. Conversations were great on Saturday night. I do enjoy listing to Hipbone and MtnGoat about their adventures and knowledge about gear, and enjoy the conversations with all of ya. Woke up Sunday morning early and took down my gear with my hanging neighbors OnebuttontwoSexy and his lady. Left the camp at about 7:30 and said goodbye to Kingsford on the way out. Great stuff again Hotlips. Thanks to all who attended making this a great hang.

I was supposed to attend and earthday event on Sunday at 1PM, never made it.
    Straight out of Clayton.

Most physical hike: Grandfather Mountain, NC. Aug 13.

I don't need to make my pack lighter. I need to make my (_*_) lighter.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    Balloons
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I had a blast! Lovely time, with great people and not-so-great weather. We have lots of fun whether it rains or not.
    Thanks to Hotlips and Kingsford for the organizing, the massive kitchen, rain canopies, and setting up the event. PappyAmos predicted that the tarp would not have a single burn, since Tacoma said it was disposable. I have it. It is pristine, Tacoma. It will be at the next hang you go to. Hotlilps and Kingsford cleaned the bathhouse, and stocked the bathrooms with all sorts of personal care products and bath mats. I watched a dad and young son enter the bathhouse and commented that it looked like a hotel instead of a campground. It was luxury.
    Great people showed up, most of them new to me. Great campfire, though there was mud underfoot by Saturday evening. The tarp and canopy arrangement evolved during the event. Tacoma and I thought it was starting to look like a mini-Grayson by the end.
    Great food, thanks to Hotlips, Kingsford, MtnGoat, and Tacoma. I may have forgotten someone, so my bad.
    Wonderful conversation around the fire.
    Next time!
    I love the unimproved works of God. - Horace Kephart

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Integral Dsgn 8x10
    Insulation
    HG TQ/enLightEQ UQ
    Suspension
    whoOpie
    Thank you to Hotlips and Kingsford for hosting! You guys know how to do it up for sure

We had a great time meeting folks and talking about gear - of course...just try and get a gram weenie to shut up about gear ! We are starting to get the hang of these gatherings now. Tacoma killed it with his chicken tacos...SO GOOD. As Hotlips mentioned, we did have to leave quickly when we realized the gates were about to close for the night. We had just gotten our gear cleaned up from our last outing, so we never set up during the course of the rainy day. No matter though...we enjoyed every minute and we'll be seeing you guys in the future.

Thanks Everybody...It was fun!!!

• + New Posts