Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    +1 What Dutch said.

I love the Fleaz on a small continuous loop that are now larksheaded to my tarp. Pieces of zingit now attached to stakes stay there. Stakes don't get lost and knotless attachment to tarp.

Also maybe one of the knot apps on your phone. Animated knots by Grog or Knots3D are my favorite. I then always have a handy reference.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC/R.R 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG/LocoL/AHE/UGQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Hanging in the woods, paddlin and catching trout- My kind of living...

Hardware is the way to go if you want to avoid knots completely. The Phantom Grappler is a great tie some knots once and never again set up. My personal setup I only tie one knot with the marlin spike hitch daily and the only other knot on my setup is a bowline that I tied once. Good Luck!

The only knots I'm using right now is a bowline, a larkshead and a slip clovehitch.

Hammock
    Dutch 11' Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 20 UQ
    Suspension
    whoppie sling
    I share the "knot disabled" trait with the OP. But I distinguish greatly between attempting a knot at home, where I can stare at a video or better yet a diagram on wiki, and attempting to reproduce the same in the field. Therefore, my setup completely eliminates knot tying in the field. I got a Dutch 11-foot hammock with his whoopie hook suspension: all you have to do is tie the loop on the whoopie sling to the loop on one end of the tree hugger with a lark's head knot: the key is that this can be done at home, and you never have to re-do it unless you want to swap to a different size tree hugger. When you set up in the field, you simply wrap the hugger around the tree, and then feed the whoopie suspension & hook through the other tree hugger loop. The whoopie hook then attaches to the loop on the hammock. For the tarp, I use Dutch stingerz; get the version with line already attached. Also, I got my tarp (Wilderness Logics Tadpole) with the LineLocs option, which greatly simplifies adjusting the tie-outs.

Hammock
    yukon outfitters w/ net
    Tarp
    Paha Que double
    Insulation
    50 degree sleeping
    Suspension
    dutch w/ cinch
    i dont have a single knot in my entire setup besides the loops tied in my tree lines which is a basic utility loop and the diamond knot on my soft shackles which can be replaced with a biner.
    1" tree straps go into cinch buckles for the hammock, and paracord goes into a couple camjams for my tarp. for tie outs i have your average plastic adjusters.

p.s. on soft shackles ive made 4 so far.. attempted 2 more the other night still after 4 tries couldnt do a diamond knot. lol i share your pain.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123