Tarp
    Dutch Duo
    Insulation
    DIY / HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Kevlar & UCR
    Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Hey BananaHammock!

Thought of you when I read this article and watched the vid. Think it was you who mentioned getting a case of PI in Garden of the Gods in southern IL.

http://extremedeerhabitat.com/how-to...vy-rash-again/

I never got poison ivy but was very cautious to avoid it as it was everywhere. Thanks for the video I will definitely hold n and pass that knowledge. I just wear pants and long sleeves.
    Get lost in the woods and find yourself again. A vacation,to me, is working with your hands and surviving because of the fruits of your labor. In the business world I teach;in the natural world I learn.

Hammock
    Hummingbird Solo
    Tarp
    Clear skies
    Insulation
    DIY "Costco" quilt
    Suspension
    DIY UCRs
    I'll be in Nova Scotia over Nov. 6-8 but am game to come out for a December hang! I may need to borrow an extra UQ if I don't manage to acquire one before then, though, if it's going to be like most Wisconsin Decembers.

Would love to try out XC skiing and snowshoeing. This Tennessee boy needs to learn how to play in the snow.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG WB
    Images
    I am interested, but I will have to wait until we get closer to know for sure if I can make it or not. As of now both weekends look open, but with kids I never know what is going to come up. This is a very generous offer. Thanks Tumbleweed! I really want to get to a hang! Love this forum and it would be great to meet some of the people on it. And, as a bonus, I can see if all my new tricks will keep me warm in the winter.

Hammock
    DIY Bananahammock
    Tarp
    Dutch Duo
    Insulation
    DIY / HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Kevlar & UCR
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarian View Post
    I'll be in Nova Scotia over Nov. 6-8 but am game to come out for a December hang! I may need to borrow an extra UQ if I don't manage to acquire one before then, though, if it's going to be like most Wisconsin Decembers.

Would love to try out XC skiing and snowshoeing. This Tennessee boy needs to learn how to play in the snow.
    I have a 3 season Jarbidge you can add to whatever quilt you are using.
    Get lost in the woods and find yourself again. A vacation,to me, is working with your hands and surviving because of the fruits of your labor. In the business world I teach;in the natural world I learn.

Hammock
    WL Snipe/Modded ENO DN
    Tarp
    SOOPAFLY/WLTadpole
    Insulation
    UGQ 3/4 Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Straps or Whoopies
    Well , this sounds AWESOME! And like it would be a great place to put my full length Zeppelin through its paces. I'm throwing my hat in the ring. Any weekend in December should work for me. Have done a little XC skiing. I was wanting to do more of it his season. Sounds like a great setting for that as well! Would a guy need a Backcountry Ski set up to roam around the farm? All I have is a crusty old classic set.
    "Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence."-Robert Frost

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl & XLC
    Tarp
    Big MJ & Superfly
    Insulation
    Yeti & 2 Wookies
    Suspension
    Stock straps
    Images
    Yo treesforme,
    Regarding skiing at Da Shack: Depends on snow depth and if you are the one breaking first tracks. Lots of areas to explore on the farm. Groomed trails at the Iola Winter Sports Club rtrails. They even have lights on the trails for night skiing. Basic rule is: If you are the last car in the lot, when you go home "Shut the lights off!!!
    I have a short cut from the farm to the tracks they maintain.

Usually I am breaking snowshoe or ski trails on the farm, and my wife then follows along. I usually pulk my stuff. but it all depends on the snow depth and whether there is a lot of drifting of the snow.
    No special backcountry skis needed. Lots of rental equipment at the clubhouse, fireplaces, refreshments. It is worth it to experience the ski jumps. Baby level to very sketchy high which you will see from the road before you even get there. I do not ski jump. I do snowboard, but not there.
    Anyway!
    T

Hammock
    SBP, Orange Crush
    Tarp
    HH Deluxe
    Insulation
    Burrow/Jarbridge
    Suspension
    AHE Cinch Buckles
    Hmmm. I'm not much for cold weather camping(no snow shoes or anything), but now I'm interested. November would be too early for me(work schedules a month in advance), but i might be able to swing early December. It's really cool of you to do this Tumbleweed.

Quote Originally Posted by Trees4Me View Post
    Well , this sounds AWESOME! And like it would be a great place to put my full length Zeppelin through its paces. I'm throwing my hat in the ring. Any weekend in December should work for me. Have done a little XC skiing. I was wanting to do more of it his season. Sounds like a great setting for that as well! Would a guy need a Backcountry Ski set up to roam around the farm? All I have is a crusty old classic set.
    I know this is off topic, but I always thought i was the only hammock guy from Delavan. What are the odds of two of us being in the same little town?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 double
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Images
    If it works with my schedule, I'd be interested in a drive up from Chicago. I've also got a 4-season tent that I'm interested in testing at some point, although I'm more interested in the hammock gear than ground dwelling.

Hammock
    Trek Light Double
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    WhoopieSling - UCR
    I'm interested, but really won't know until closer to the dates select if it will work.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast