SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    I think for taking on a daytrip, its great. Most of the time, you'll find somewhere to sit anyway, so its really not needed unless you know where you're going and that you would indeed need it. I don't think I'd buy to have just in case.

For camping, hiking, its the same as my bearvault without the storage.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    WBRR or 11' PolyD
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    SpdrPoly Cinch Bug
    I actually ended up getting on from amazon when they came on sale for $20 recently. It does sit pretty low, but it's usable. I haven't had it outside yet so I can see how it sinking could cause problems. I also feel like the seat surface is so small if I were to sit on it for longer than a half hour my butt would hurt from resting on the support bars as there isn't enough material to entirely fit my fat butt. I'm going to play around with it a bit more but I'll likely end up with something else eventually. First impressions are that for the weight and price it's a decent little stool. I'll be heading out for a quick overnighter tonight so I'll test out it's capabilities as a "hammock night stand" tonight as well. Thanks again for all the feedback.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    The quality is very good on these. The red carry bag it comes with has a nice feel to it. Not like that really matters, but GT products always impress me in that regard.

The thing I like about the larger GT stool, or the similar-sized Stansport stool is that you can sink it in 6" of snow and it's still useable.

Hammock
    Variable
    Tarp
    Surperfly
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    Variable
    I gave mine away. I miss it. So does me bum.
    Like thrash metal? Check out my nephew's band, Deathwatch. He's an amazing drummer... https://soundcloud.com/user-660860695

Hammock
    AMOK Draumr 3.0
    I went out of my way to hit a Cabela's for a "test drive" as well... They have a great selection [at least in season] and I was able to rule out a couple of options that I never could have otherwise.
    >> Onward thru the fog...>>
    Find me on my blog Moosenut Falls https://moosenutfalls.wordpress.com/

Hammock
    clark tx 270
    Tarp
    hennessy hex 10x12
    Insulation
    E E enigma 20
    Suspension
    cinch buckle
    I'm 6'3" @240lbs works for me either as stool or foot rest, i like the way it breaks down and stores. I would give it a thumbs up.

Hammock
    WBRR or 11' PolyD
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    SpdrPoly Cinch Bug
    I used it last night and this morning mainly as a night stand and platform for my stove. It worked pretty well and I plan on using more in the future. At times I think it's a bit too small but then that's what draws me to it. It's incredibly compact and light to pack around. Heck, it weighs about the same as my lightest hammock. For that weight I think it has enough utility for me to pack around on most trips. I'd still like a light chair with some back support for trips where I pack in and stay at the same base camp for a few days but when on the move every day the Grand Trunk may just get the nod.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Still looking
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I have a Mayfly AND a Grand Trunk Micro Stool. The Micro Stool makes for a great ottoman. I enjoy a little luxury while roughing it.

I picked up one and had trouble sinking into some soft ground. I was able to put some pine bark under the legs and it worked out great. Puts me at a good height for using my solo stove.

Hammock
    WB BB XLC
    Tarp
    WB MJ
    Insulation
    HG Inc 20 + Bur 20
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    One guy in our group had the same issue with the feet of his stool sinking into the soft soil. Our solution was to take a 3"-4" diameter log and use a saw to cut four "cookies". Place those on the ground, position the chair legs over them, and voila. I'm sure there's a myriad of other things you could find/make in the woods to do the same job.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast