Hammock
    11' Nylon w/knotty
    Tarp
    Squidbilly Hex
    Insulation
    DIY Down TQ+UQ
    Suspension
    Slings/toggles
    Wow, where to begin... First off, had a great 3-day hike Mon-Wed out on the AT with Rockdawg. He thought he was slowing me down, but he doesn't realize that it was a perfect pace for my poor knees! We had beautiful clear weather for the hike, which presented us with great views from the numerous balds and viewpoints such as roan high bluff.

We got to Grayson on Thursday and we were greeted by nice clear weather and nice folks. Hickery was kind enough to bring the "son of blue" tarp which was rigged up just in time. A slightly smaller tarp was later added to provide lots of coverage near the fire. Big thanks to everyone who helped put up and maintain the tarps, especially hickery, homerun, rockdawg, and slowhike. You're all total pro's.

My wife lovedr and our good hammocking friend NickR arrived on Friday afternoon in the fog and rain. The silver lining of the rain was a chance to stress-test rain gear & seam-sealing of tarps in a car-camping environment.

It was great seeing returning faces and meeting new friends - especially meeting some fellow gram-weanies hipbone and mtngoat and sewing folks like 2Q & ZQ! There was great talk under the tarp and around the fire the whole weekend.

The grayson festival was wet, but Sheltowee hammocks and WV still braved the elements to put on our public face and show some folks hammocks. Very much respect to you both!

We had MANY generous donations to the raffle on Saturday. Forgive me for forgetting some of the people and vendors who donated but here are a few off the top of my head. I hope LDCakes might be able to post a complete list. Big thank you to Sheltowee hammock, Warbonnet, Tato Gear, 2QZQ, Tacoma (who gave a gift cert to 2QZQ), and many more members who donated items. It was a big success to cover a new tarp, firewood, and make a donation to a very good cause. I also learned never to trade tickets with Hickery

Breakfast and Dinner on Sat were absolute feasts! Again I apologize as I'm sure I'm forgetting some folks. Tacoma made way too much delicious BBQ, along with 3 homemade sauces! Homerun made his famous beans with help from Grayjay, they also cooked breakfast. Thelovedr and I contributed mashed potatoes and foil-wrapped apple tortillas. LDCakes was busy with dutch ovens with cobbler and mac & cheese. Rockdawg was cooking all day with thick cut bacon, monkey bread, and brought birthday treats for several special birthday guests! Hickery provided schrimp cocktail as a great appetizer during the raffle. Gunnar and others provided a lot of the beverages and plenty of under-tarp water storage.

I could go on and on about everyone's generosity, but I'll stop. It was just a great weekend full of good company, great food, and mother nature. I hope to see some of you folks at grayson in winter and next fall.

Hammock
    DIY WINTER HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    Diy Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Dutch gear
    Images
    [ Had a great time meeting some new folks! Crackerjack had a blast too! Can't wait till the next one! I did manage to film some but have not put the video together yet!
    Last edited by mistone; 09-29-2015 at 16:21.

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mistone View Post
    [ Had a great time meeting some new folks!crackerjack had a blast too!cant wait till the next one i did manage to film some but have not put the video together yeat!
    Good have you guys there.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Thanks everyone for the good times despite the rain, which helped me sleep. The food was awesome, especially the beans, and deserts o plenty. I actually won twice on the raffle. Got me a sheltowee hammock and 2qzq cuben stuff sacks. Thanks Alex and tim and donna. And even got some breakfast with 2qzq at the log cabin on Sunday. Once again, its great being a hammocker.

JD. The smoke ninja.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Hopefully it will be drier next year for the hang.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    BIAS
    Tarp
    MYOG Cuben
    Insulation
    RAb;3s incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I just wanted to say, what a great bunch of folks to HANG out with. Jason could not stop talking about how nice everyone was. I wished we could have stayed until Sunday, but the family had to come first. I came home to help....and successfully took the "bug" for myself. Fortunately, the wife and child are getting better though. Again thanks for the good time. Look forward to a drier hang with some of you guys in the future!!

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Good to have y'all Tupelo. Hopefully next time will be drier.
    It usually is.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon or DIY Robic XL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & CDT TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Now that all my gear is dry and put away until the next hang... I'd like to say a big 'Thank you' to everyone for making my first group hang so much fun. Even though the rain was relentless, it did not deter the spirit. Until next time...

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Integral Dsgn 8x10
    Insulation
    HG TQ/enLightEQ UQ
    Suspension
    whoOpie
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikapp513 View Post
    JD. The smoke ninja.
    That you are!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl + TTTG Switchback
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    Quote Originally Posted by ShellHammock View Post
    A BIG Thank You to everyone who contributed to this Hang to make it a success and to make it a memorable one for me.

I posted a trip report on my blog http://www.sheltoweehammockcompany.com/new-blog-1/ Please take a look!

And here are some videos I managed to take. Until next time!

Alex,

Great videos. That is about the "fastest" raffle in history!
    Glad you got to come down. Hope you can make it next year in the sunshine!

Rockdawg69

It's a long way to the top if you want to Rock and Roll ----- those hills!!!

Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast