I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Looks like the Soggy Bottom Lounge)))))))))
    Big Blue rides again.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WBBB, RR, Eno Dn
    Tarp
    WB SF, CB
    Insulation
    WB Mamba, UGQUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies, D Clips
    [QUOTE=ShellHammock;1521541]A BIG Thank You to everyone who contributed to this Hang to make it a success and to make it a memorable one for me.

I posted a trip report on my blog [url]

And I forgot about getting that hammock donation for Gunner76s Merchant Mill hang.
    Straight out of Clayton.

Most physical hike: Grandfather Mountain, NC. Aug 13.

I don't need to make my pack lighter. I need to make my (_*_) lighter.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Tacoma96....it happens...life will go on
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    WBBB, RR, Eno Dn
    Tarp
    WB SF, CB
    Insulation
    WB Mamba, UGQUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies, D Clips
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    Tacoma96....it happens...life will go on
    Yeah I think during that time I was basking in the sun.
    Straight out of Clayton.

Hammock
    WBBB, RR, Eno Dn
    Tarp
    WB SF, CB
    Insulation
    WB Mamba, UGQUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies, D Clips
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Looks like the Soggy Bottom Lounge)))))))))
    Big Blue rides again.
    Shug
    I don't think anyone will complain about sunburn.
    Straight out of Clayton.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end, in purple!
    Tarp
    DIY, ever evolving
    Insulation
    Down TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    This was quite the event! After my first hammock event in January I was pleasantly surprised to see so many women turn out despite the rain. It was equally great to see the Lion Cubs running around and keeping spirits high. I sure hope they are on the mend and feeling better today than last night. I'll echo the Many Thanks to the event coordinators, tarp masters, donaters and donation collectors, cooks, garbage collectors, lenders of gear, exchangers of stories and the general welcoming with open arms. It was wonderful to catch up with those that already feel like old friends and to meet so many friendly new folks as well. Since Dimjim had hiked in with Rockdawg and was already at Grayson there was some confusion as to who my husband was when I carpooled in with NickR. I'm hoping that gives me enough of a reason to get Dimjim to wear our matching hats next year. (Any excuse to coordinate couple's outfits.)

The Festival itself was a delightful time too! I brought home some new earrings... you know, to support the event but I can't wait to get back next year and see it in (hopefully) the sunshine. I know Dimjim and I walked away with minimal gear issues and stayed much dryer than I thought was possible. We are going through things now to make sure all of our gear is accounted for.

Hammock
    Hennessy Asym Zip
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ New River
    Suspension
    Ropes ATM
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    Just got back from the Grayson Hang. Had to leave a day early as The Terminator was not feeling well.

Left here for Grayson on Wednesday AM ( weather report that AM just said lows in the 50's and highs in the 70", nothing about rain). and spent Wednesday night at Pilot Mt SP. Great place to hang. We stayed at site # 2 and would stay there again as it has places for about 7+ hammocks.

Took our time driving up to Grayson on Thursday AM and got there early in the afternoon. Set up our Hammeck Stands on the tent pads. That evening we helped set up the new Big Blue and moved the picnic tables.

Just as we were finishing up it started to sprinkle. The Terminator and I went to bed about 9 PM as it had started to rain. Nothing hard, just steady. About 1 AM I woke up as my left side was wet. I started feeling around the head and food end and the right side of may hammock and is was dry. I then used my head lamp to try and find the source of the water. I saw a trickled of water coming down the outside of skeeter netting.

Decided my tarp was leaking as I had it suspended under the tarp ridge line and I have water breaks to divert the rain leaks. As it was getting wetter and wetter I decided to go sleep in the SUV and took my TQ as it is down and figured I could try and dry it with the SUV's heater ( it worked ). About 5 AM The Terminator joined me as she was also getting wet. We were also able to dry out her TQ. We were not worried about the UQs as we were both using Clamashield UQs.

In the day light I was able to figure out the source of the leak on The Terminators rig. She had me set up her tarp over the top of the Hammeck Stand and since the tarp did not cover the ends of the stand, the rain was rolling down to the bottom of the stands top poles and then traveling to the middle of the stand where it was leaking onto the hammock. Thinking that some drip lines just inside where the tarp goes over the stand might take care of the problem but will have to test it out at home. We got some cheap poly tarps to cover the hammock tarps and both ends of the stands. Looked ugly and I was calling it Hobo City. Friday night I stayed totally dry and warm but for some reason The Terminator still got wet Friday night and she ended up sleeping in the SUV again. As her Ridge Runner got soaked Thursday night and had not dried out I set up an extra BlackBird I had brought and along with an extra UQ. She said she preferred her Ridge Runner.

I heard others also gear issues and one person had to sleep in their rain gear.

Talked to a bunch of old friends and made some news ones. Talked to my good friend Mini Rat ( Mouse ). She reminds me of my daughter at that age.

As The Terminator was not feeling well we packed up and left about noon. The rain followed us all the way to the coast and several of the roads here were / are flooded and we did not know if we would make it home.

Have a lot of work ahead cleaning and drying out gear and trouble shooting the tarp related issues we encountered.

Hopefully everyone has a good time and except for the rain I had a blast.
    You mentioned the Hammeck stand. Was there a lack of trees or do they not allow hammocks? Boy Scouts are planning a backpacking trip in October and several of the boys hang.

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Oh there's gobs of trees! No issue there except maybe having to walk further down into the woods as it goes on & on!
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    You mentioned the Hammeck stand. Was there a lack of trees or do they not allow hammocks?
    Hanging from trees is allowed at Grayson

We have hung between the trees in the past at Grayson but when we saw that about 50 folks had signed up, The Terminator and I decided to take our stands and free up some trees for others.

Got more live testing with the stands in the rain than we needed
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    Balloons
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Some of our group decided to use hammock stands to make use of otherwise wasted space. The park built these bizarre pads all over the group camping area. I think they are intended for t*nts. Gravel and wooden beams in a square. Useless things, at least to us.
    I love the unimproved works of God. - Horace Kephart

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast