Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

costco down throw $19.95

Just got home from costco, picked up a down throw 60x70 inches. Lightweight shell poly nylon blend , sewn through design. Says 700 fill. Just under $22 out the door. Feels nice. Think I am going to make it into a summer tq but could be cut down for uq also. Lofts at about an inch. Weight on my cheep kitchen scale says 1lb even. Can't blow threw the material, no drw it wets very easily. These seem like a good deal for what they are.

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 1.6
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    If it's somewhat breathable it would be a nice option vs. buying a fleece for extra warmth in the winter as well. Does it pack down small? You're gonna have to test it out and let us know about trapping moisture with the shell fabric.

I just saw that today as well. I'm curious about of it would work well for a tq, keep us posted.
    "I have taken all knowledge to be my province"
    Sir Francis Bacon

I'm 5-11 and I tied off the end and clipped about 20 inches together at the foot end with binder clips. Layed on the bed and tried it, seems to fit me fine, a bit wider than needed.

So my though is to sew a 3 inch wide channel piece across the bottom to gather it and Omni tape to close about 20 inches forming the foot box. Anybody have an inkling how low this might go, im hoping 40 degrees. 1 inch loft sewn threw design with 700 fill. Also considering sewing two throws together around the whole perimeter for a loft of 2 inches. Two would weigh about 2 lbs. Then ad channel and tape to make the quilt. At $40 wouldn't be to bad for cost. Could use two different colors to make it interesting.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    It is baffled or sewn thru ?
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 1.6
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Im gonna try to get over to my local Costco this evening. If they have them, Id pick up a few and report back as well when I can figure some stuff out. Im not going to be able to sleep outdoors with them this weekend, but the AC in my house is always on full blast - around 72 with fans blowing so it brings temps down to at least 69/70.

Hammock
    SB Pro, Lawson, Everest Double
    Images
    I've been thinking of buying a costco membership ... that maybe be just the right incentive.

Hammock
    AMOK Draumr 3.0
    Quote Originally Posted by norman60546 View Post
    Also considering sewing two throws together around the whole perimeter
    Instead, you might look into finding some snaps for the perimeter that would allow you to pair or unpair it for multi season use.

Keep us posted, and put up some pictures. [I'd love to see one before the cutting begins, just to know what it looks like. Costco is a bit of a drive for me...]
    >> Onward thru the fog...>>
    Find me on my blog Moosenut Falls https://moosenutfalls.wordpress.com/

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Anyone got pics? I may be their tomorrow to get a couple.

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 1.6
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I can take a pic shortly. I got 2.

Warmth. Seems to be ok. Will need to get it out in cooler weather for a real test.
    Quality. Decent. No where near a $300 quilt. My personal opinion, worth $20.
    Packs down small. Stuff sack is decent, does its job.
    Im a cold sleeper so for me it would be a summer TQ. Possibly a summer DIY UQ. I will be using it this winter to supplement my TQ when needed.
    Breathable. Not sure, doesn't really feel like it.

Would I buy another one. Sure why not. And a side note, people were going crazy trying to get them. I was lucky to get the 2 I got.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast