The Mutton Chop
    Tarp
    Hybrid Beard Cover
    Insulation
    DD Underblanket
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by ipokebadgers View Post
    I also have an ENO Doublenest and a Dutch 11' hammock although mine is made from the Hexon 2.4. I had Dutch make mine a double layer just because. I really love the 11' hammock. I didn't think the extra 1.5 feet in length was going to be a big deal but it makes "finding the sweet spot" so much easier. I also have a Bearded Hanger 11' hammock made with the extra wide 72" material and It is my favorite. I am not sure why the extra width is my preference but it is more comfortable to me. It is probably because I had been sleeping in the ENO for so many years. I sleep better in both of my 11' hammocks than in the shorter ENO, which I can also sleep well in. Dutch's price is much better than the ENO for what you get.
    Thanks for the shout out. I'm glad the hammock is working out for you. It came out really nice if I say so myself.
    BeardedHanger.com - Custom Made Hammocks and Accessories, Made in the USA

10% off entire order by entering HammockForums.net during checkout

Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Instagram and Twitter

Hammock
    Dutchware 11' netless hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Superfly or Edge
    Insulation
    KAQ UQ / TQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Whoopies
    I have camped in both and FAR prefer the Dutch 11 foot. As always, ymmv.

Hammock
    HH, ENO, Dutch poly
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    Incubator 20, JRB
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch
    I have both a DN and a dutch polyD single layer. For me, Dutch hammock is more comfy, feels better on the skin, and nicer stuff sack. I got the cinch buckle suspension and it goes up almost instantly. With the DN you will need straps and the other stuff sack that comes with them. The dutch that i got has a double ended stuff sack and everything goes right in with no problem and no hard stuffing. I leave the dutch clips sticking out of each end of the dutch stuff sack so I just loosen the drawstrings, clip, clip, cinch and I'm hanging. Probably the benefit of the dutch double layer is to use a pad for insulation and probably more strength. That's next on the list. I've rigged up my 3 ENOs with whoopie slings and use dutch buckles now insteap of Atlas straps; its just so much faster for setup and takedown. Henry

Hammock
    Dutch 11' Hexon 2.4
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    Cayenne Pepper UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Glad to read these opinions. I was considering an ENO, mostly because they seem to be available all over the place. Reading in these forums I learned about Dutch. My Dutch Hexon just shipped today and am anxiously awaiting its arrival.

i love my ENO double.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon Wide
    Tarp
    DIY SilPoly w/door
    Insulation
    UGQ 20 TQ/DIY UQ
    Suspension
    2.2 Kevlar/Turtle
    Having owned and slept in both an ENO DN and an 11ft Dutch NylonD, I much prefer the Dutch. I found the ENO too short and the extra width unnecessary. I'm 6'3" and well over 200 lbs and the 1.6 NylonD holds me fine.
    A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -- Mark Twain

Hammock
    11 foot
    Tarp
    Old man winter
    Insulation
    HG quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopee slings
    +1 for the Dutch. May want to consider argon fabric. I really like that one due to its soft feel and it has a bit of give to it. Also, woopie slings with Dutch bucklex are super easy to set up, not to mention fun to say. With everything you will be around 70 bucks. ENOs are $70 and you will still need to get suspension. ENOs are great. My first Hammock was an eno. I have plans to install it perminrntly in my basement. But the 11 footer is much more comfortable to sleep in.
    Last edited by ebrianschmidt; 09-20-2015 at 19:06.

I had a doublenest from ENO, they don't hold up to Dutch's quality, size, and comfort! I tried having 2 people in a hammock once and it was incredibly uncomfortable, so as long as the weight limit is less than how fat I am there isn't need for the 400lb limit overkill.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    I believe there was a question in there about way double layer. There is a different feel between double layer and single layer hammocks, I find the single layer more "stretchy" but not in a bad way. It's more like it gives where my body is asking it to give to minimize any pressure. But is really a personal preference. Because it takes away the option of putting a sleeping pad in the sleeve of the double layer. When I started out, all my hammocks were double layer. I figured I'd be using a pad and it would help if I had to go to ground. But since then, I've used under quilts. And if I have to go to ground, I'll just put the pad under the hammock (if I'm using the built in bug net for insect protection) or sleep on the pad directly. It took a bit to wean myself from the security of double layer, but I'm liking single layer now.

There have been comments about double layer being more insect bite proof (from the bottom) and I'm sure that is true in the lab, but in the woods you are doing to have a pad inside your single layer or an under quilt or an under cover protector or something - so I wouldn't worry so much about that.

I wouldn't get to "aggressive" with two in a hammock. Though there might be a rating of 400 lbs. there are many parts to the system and all of them might not be up to the task.

I am also a big fan of the 11ft Hammock. I currently have the Byer of Maine double XXL which is my favorite but currently sleeping in my ENO DN Clone because I need the bug net. (sleeping everynight on the patio) I plan on a 11 footer from Dutch once I figure out what I really want and need with his huge selection of materials that I do not understand yet. I am not a backpacker so I do not need super light but would rather have super durability. I have done several orders with Dutch for Amsteel and the like and his shipping is super fast and would not hesitate to order more from him. Just got my last order today!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12