Hennessy Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    DIY Hexish Tarp
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    image.jpg
    Here's the nest on my HH. I borrowed it from my wife last night. Matches the bottom entry well.

Hammock
    Hennessey Backpacker Ultralight
    Tarp
    Backpacker Rainfly
    Insulation
    AHE Potomac
    Suspension
    Stock Hennessey
    I'm a little late to this party..

But here's a comparison of the Arrowhead Potomac Under Quilt and the Super Shelter, by weight and price:

Super Shelter:
    $140 (maybe you upgrade to a SOL space blanket for an extra $5, making it $145)
    16.5 oz

Potomac Under Quilt (3 season)
    $190
    28 oz

Make what you may of that. Weight is important to me as I use the hammock when backpacking, and everything needs to justify its place in my pack. That Potomac would have to be markedly better to justify the extra pound. I'm typically staying home if the temps are much below 40*F, so maybe I don't need the extra warmth of a proper underquilt.

I appreciate all of the insight and would like for others to chime in if they have a suggestion.

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY 12 ft. w/Doors
    Insulation
    Flight Jacket
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    I have a HG UQ and a flight jacket. Both work really well. If you set it up right, you can slide out the bottom entry/exit no problem. I think people stress to much about whether a certain quilt will work for a hennessy. From my experience with my two quilts, if you set them up right it is pretty easy to slide in/slide out.

No experience with a SS, although I think down is pretty awesome compared to foam. Just my opinion though. Good luck!

Hammock
    11 Ft Dutch Hexon 1.0 Sidezip
    Tarp
    12 ft HG Quest
    Insulation
    3/4 Phoenix20
    Suspension
    Spiderpolybeetles
    Good information on this thread.I went back and revisited the HH videos etc.Not sure but I probably purchased my HHExAsym around 2005 so it's 10 years old.I notice that pad that came with the SS that I have does not have the dimples and only has a bridle at the foot end.New ones have dimples and bridles at both ends;look thicker in the videos also.I note that the replacement pad for the Expedition is 29 inches at the shoulder but HH offers one model for another hammock which is 36 inches at the shoulder.Length of both is 72 inches and the weight is 10 oz for each.So the question is,would I go wrong to order the wider replacement?One other comment I would like to make is that I have no problem getting the hammock with the SS attached into a simple double ended stuff bag.The ropes and tree huggers wrap around the exterior of the stuff sack and it all fits in a 2 gallon ziplock if the suspension is wet.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20º quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I have the HH Asym Ultralite Zip and a HG Incubator 20º. It seems that many are happy with the SS, but it also seems like condensation is a potential issue. I love the HG Incubator and have not (yet) had any issues with condensation. I am able to stuff both the HG Incubator 20º and Burrow 20º in a pack shaped stuff sack that fits wonderfully in the bottom of an Osprey 46. So...considering the lack of concern with condensation and the packability of the HG quilts, I'm very happy with my choices. I did "upgrade" from the HH Hex Tarp to the WB Superfly so I could "close the doors" -- had a wind shift last December that blew some light snow into my boots while they were under the hammock and also frosted the end of the UQ.

Hammock
    Hennessy Hammock Hyperlight
    Insulation
    Burrow 40, HH SS
    Suspension
    Stock, Cinch
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeppo View Post
    Looking for advice about which UQ to buy for a Hennessey Hyperlite Asym Zip. Or does someone want to argue in favor of the Supershelter? How critical is it to get something specifically designed to go with Hennessey? Which are? I'd love to learn from your experience rather than having to stumble my way to the solution.
    My wife and I have (2) HH Hyoerlight one with HH 4 season and one with HG 40 degree UQ and HG TQ.? No issues with either setup. I have only been down to 50 degrees. Packing doesn't seem an issue but the HH 4 Season is less expensive. Both have their specific fiddle factor.

TF

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123