Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    can someone give a website for the ones listed. I'm new to this and all the initials confuse my simple mind.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow #2779
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ-HG/KAQ UQ
    Suspension
    Kevlar/Ti CinchBkl
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Newhunter1 View Post
    can someone give a website for the ones listed. I'm new to this and all the initials confuse my simple mind.
    Not sure if this is what you mean but:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Men hang out their signs indicative of their respective trades; shoe makers hang out a gigantic shoe; jewelers a monster watch, and the dentist hangs out a gold tooth; but up in the Mountains of New Hampshire, God Almighty has hung out a sign to show that there He makes men.
    - Daniel Webster

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer Ultra Light
    Tarp
    Hennessy SilNylon
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    Images
    What a great question, one I wished I had asked! I have an Explorer UL and based on it being a Hennessy specific product, I went for the HHSS. It mates well with the hammock but is a bit of work to take on and off. The real test was early spring where I was a bit disappointed with the ability of the system to keep me comfortably warm in temps in the 40's. There were spots that kept getting consistently cooled during the night so I was constantly adjusting. I will agree with the others that packing it can be a chore!

I have since purchased an Incubator 20* from Hammock Gear. I love this piece of gear and can't wait for some colder temps. I have used it to the 50's and and can't say enough good things about weight, ease of use, comfort, and cool looks!

I have actually cross pollinated the two and have used the Hennessy under cover with the quilt in wet weather. I haven't noticed any condensation yet but will keep an eye out.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow #2779
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ-HG/KAQ UQ
    Suspension
    Kevlar/Ti CinchBkl
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondchance View Post
    I have actually cross pollinated the two and have used the Hennessy under cover with the quilt in wet weather. I haven't noticed any condensation yet but will keep an eye out.
    I've considered experimenting with this combo. You don't feel that the Hennessy UC compresses the UQ too much?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Men hang out their signs indicative of their respective trades; shoe makers hang out a gigantic shoe; jewelers a monster watch, and the dentist hangs out a gold tooth; but up in the Mountains of New Hampshire, God Almighty has hung out a sign to show that there He makes men.
    - Daniel Webster

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer Ultra Light
    Tarp
    Hennessy SilNylon
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    Images
    That was my first concern, but my experience is that it has not been compromised.

Hammock
    DIY 11' Airwave w top cover
    Tarp
    DIY silpoly 1.1 XL
    Insulation
    DIY Down
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Hooks
    +1 more for the AHE Potomac. I chose the 3 season and it has worked well for southern winters with my Troop.

Not the most compact, but my hammock, superfly and Potomac UQ is still lighter and considerably compact than a tent.
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

Hammock
    HH Hyperlite Asym Zip
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    AHE Potomac UQ
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouter_Ken View Post
    +1 more for the AHE Potomac. I chose the 3 season and it has worked well for southern winters with my Troop.

Not the most compact, but my hammock, superfly and Potomac UQ is still lighter and considerably compact than a tent.
    Hey Scouter Ken, I've been considering the Superfly. How much cord should I carry to be able to hang that tarp properly, including the side tie-outs? A what kind of cord is best?
    "When you come to a fork in the road, take it." - Yogi Berra

Hammock
    WBBBXLC
    Tarp
    Hilleberg 10 UL
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 20
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Images
    Another +1 for the Potomac here. Having used it myself I could never imagine a better UQ. And I really want to give all praise to Paul at Arrowhead for a customer service you will have to look long and hard to find a match for, me being an overseas customer and as such not his key customer group and all. Couldn't in any way be happier with the company nor the product I recieved!

Hammock
    DIY 11' Airwave w top cover
    Tarp
    DIY silpoly 1.1 XL
    Insulation
    DIY Down
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Hooks
    Hi Zeppo,

I use the orange reflective lawson cord for the most part.

6 feet for each of the corners with about 8 inches loop of shock cord as a tensioner
    3 feet for each of the doors with a 20 inch loop of shock cord. attached a tarp door hook to the loop of shock cord. tried lawson cord at first but it is too wide for the door hooks so am now using 1.7mm zingit.

did have 12 foot for each of the tieouts until last week when I transitioned to the no sew poles. using 4 8inch dogbones and working great.

35 foot of zingit for a CRL

all supplies from dutch

works great with lots of info from this forum
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

Hammock
    HH Exped Asym Zip
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    HHSS
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Just got back from a weekender and am reminded yet again how great the HHSS is. With overnights down to 5C I didn't feel the slightest bit of chill. As Roche said, there's always a little condensation, but never so much to be a concern. I just hung the pad up when I got home a couple hours ago and it's already fully dry.

The Potomac looks likes a great option for a bottom entry hammock. But I've never once regretted the Super Shelter.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast