Hammock
    DIY,Dream and Dutch
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    JRB, HG ,AHE
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I have a Hexon in 1.6 from Dutch,The Hexon is very comfortable,and although a simple design compared to other hammocks I own, it is well made ,I'm 6'3 and 250 and the Hexon seems plenty strong.
    Plus you get a double ended stuff sack(that he sells for 8.00) so at $35 it is a fantastic value.
    Dutch is first rate seller,and ship quicly too!
    Cant go wrong!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Walhallah 12ft
    Insulation
    LocoLibre/JRB
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images
    I have a ENO DN and a Dutch Hexon, plus a few other hammocks. The Hexon is ALOT more comfortable than my eno. Mainly due to the length, but the Hexon fabric seems to have that perfect combo of very low stretch yet doesn't feel super firm. The feel of the fabric also seems to be very good for using pads to, because it's isn't slick so your pad may stay locked in place a bit better and still have just a single layer. IMO going with a Dutch Hexon would give you a better initial experience and also be a hammock you can grow with, by adding cheaper accessories like a Fronky's bug net, under quilt, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbeam View Post
    walmart carries a hammock that is 25.00 very much entry level... 15 yr old son has one and loves it... Just a thought
    I actually have one of these I could loan him. It was my first that I bought for a single night kayak trip. It did the job, but was immediately replaced. Just not wide enough. Just don't think it'd be good enough for a 3 day, 54 mile trip.

Quote Originally Posted by barbermike View Post
    I've got an ENO DN with the flappy sides removed, original bag made into a bishop bag, and amsteel continuous loops with original ENO biners. You'll have to use your own suspension but I'll ship it to you for 16$ via paypal. It's blue and I don't know when your trip is but I wouldn't be able to ship it till later next week ad I'm currently out of town. If interested send me a PM.
    PMD you. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pheonix6579 View Post
    I have a ENO DN and a Dutch Hexon, plus a few other hammocks. The Hexon is ALOT more comfortable than my eno. Mainly due to the length, but the Hexon fabric seems to have that perfect combo of very low stretch yet doesn't feel super firm. The feel of the fabric also seems to be very good for using pads to, because it's isn't slick so your pad may stay locked in place a bit better and still have just a single layer. IMO going with a Dutch Hexon would give you a better initial experience and also be a hammock you can grow with, by adding cheaper accessories like a Fronky's bug net, under quilt, etc.
    Thanks
    I've been talking with Dutch amd am probably going to go with one of those for him and pick up Pheonix6579's ENO as well to have as a spare in the future. Or buy both and let my brother decide which he wants to buy from me.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12