Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly!!
    Insulation
    my 50 extra lbs.!!
    Suspension
    webbing/cinch bkls

TC from San Antonio, TX sayin Howdy, Y'all!!

I originally joined in July and posted to the "what made you a hanger" thread. So I finally figured out the "lay of the land" on this forum so here is a reapeat of my post and an intro.

I have fond memories of camping at the lake with my family and my dad and uncle would put up hammocks to relax on. I hated sleeping on the ground (albiet on a camp "pallet") so I hopped into the hammock and slept great plus that cocoon feel is the best along with the soft sway with a nice breeze. Ok so my dad's hammock was a military issue canvas hammock but it was still fun to sleep in.

I hadn't sat in a hammock since then and wanted to see about getting one; then I came across this forum, The Ultimate Hang, Shugemery and many others that educated me on the newest technology.

We recently joined scouts with my son and, of course, we are leaders. I would like to get my son interested so I hunted around and found a very inexpensive hammock and made some simple mods to it. I've tested it and other friends have taken naps in it and it seems to be my newest hobby. I'll soon do some DIY'n for a tarp, bug net and UQ/TQ. This is an awesome forum. Thanks to all for sharing your experiences, tips, tricks and expertise here. I will contribute what I learn as well.

Howdy from Texas!!!

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Howdy back at ya and welcome to the trees!

We have a growing crowd of tree dwellers in the Republic and several right there close to the River Walk.

Check out our November hang in the trip planning forum and if you can, join us.
    Texas Fall Group Hang 2019

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Texas Hammock Hangers Facebook Group

Hammock
    DIY Bridge /Draumr
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    PolyStraps/Huggers
    Welcome from far west Texas! Lots of great hanging in your neck of the woods. Be sure to share your adventures with us and be sure to tap the wealth of knowledge available on the forums.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.”

- Edmund Burke

• + New Posts