Homemade or GT double
    Tarp
    Da Supafly
    Insulation
    KAQ top & bottom!
    Suspension
    Diy strap and togg

Cool Down fill for your DIY Project!

If you guys are looking for a quality down fill of 800 to 1000 that is either untreated or has a hydrophobic coating, then give Downlite a call. They are also the manufacturer of primaloft if you are so interested. The prices of down has just dropped tremendously and 800 down fill can be had for like $48 a pound! That's less than $3/oz. Treated hydrophobic down is like $54/pound. You better stock up because I forsee it spiking at the end of the year.If you'd like ask about their new down that is capable of water shedding for over 1000+ minutes. They are currently only taking orders because they haven't started production yet. But it sounds very promising with only a small increase in price!
    Well, that's all I got to say about that!
    Later guys ,

Buddy the Dill Pickle

Wow, that sounds like a bargain, 50% off what I paid last time for a lb. Might give them a call at lunch and get a couple pounds of the WR and invent a need for new projects.
    Caminante, son tus huellas el camino y nada más... - Antonio Machado

I just called downlite and they referred me to downlitebedding.com for ordering bulk down. 800FP goose (no option for WR) is $150/lb - hardly a good deal compared to downlinens.com. What am I missing?

http://www.downlitebedding.com/bulk-...free-shipping/

Hammock
    DH TB #1832; DW Chameleon; DIYs
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    LL20°GP/LH,SLD,DIY
    Suspension
    Amsteel/web/bling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Caminante View Post
    I just called downlite and they referred me to downlitebedding.com for ordering bulk down. 800FP goose (no option for WR) is $150/lb - hardly a good deal compared to downlinens.com. What am I missing?

http://www.downlitebedding.com/bulk-...free-shipping/
    I appreciate you posting your follow up on this. I was anxiously watching this thread to see if anyone had luck with this. Just one of those too good to be true things.
    Perhaps downlite won't consider non-commercial sales?

If anyone has luck actually getting an order in at prices like this, I'd love to hear about it and know how they managed to pull it off.

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    I emailed the downlite people. We shall see. I would love to here back from the op. I am also going back to costco tomorrow to get some stuff. The last time I was there I saw a pillow that said down filled and it was 30 I think. Its gotta be a couple of lbs of down. Even if its 600fp.

Quote Originally Posted by miyanc View Post
    I emailed the downlite people. We shall see. I would love to here back from the op. I am also going back to costco tomorrow to get some stuff. The last time I was there I saw a pillow that said down filled and it was 30 I think. Its gotta be a couple of lbs of down. Even if its 600fp.
    I picked up an awesome Camp 7 North Col from 1978 from eBay. It has a lot of loft in its 550 fill goose down. 3 lb. 5 Oz. total. Rated to zero degrees. It's too nice to rip apart for the down, but...

Those old bags on eBay go cheap and might be a good source for harvesting fill for DIY quilts etc. if they look like they're not too used.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I am waiting to hear back from downlite as well. Seems you have to be approved for an account before you are able to purchase at wholesale prices. I doubt I'll qualify, but I figured it was worth a shot.
    My head is an animal

I've yet to find a better deal than downlinens.com for bulk down (not counting recycle opportunities). $115/lb for WR 800FP shipped to your door < 1 week (at least in my case) which is only a $5 upcharge for the WR. The price jumps substantially for WR 850FP to $150/lb which is what downlite wanted to charge for 800FP non-WR.

Everytime I think I've found a better deal it either doesn't pan out (downlite) or on closer inspection the FP is ~550-600 or it's 5-10% feathers (amazon & ebay).

http://www.downlinens.com/products/premium-washed-down

Hammock
    11' Nylon w/knotty
    Tarp
    Squidbilly Hex
    Insulation
    DIY Down TQ+UQ
    Suspension
    Slings/toggles
    I agree, downlinens seems to have everyone beat on price.

I still find that even high end/high fp down products still list 5% feathers no matter what. Above 10% is not good, regardless of fp.

• + New Posts