Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishdds View Post
    Attachment 116522
    Attachment 116523
    Used the Costco throws as TQ and UQ this past weekend for 2 nights at a state park camp out with the scout troop. Temps around 60 for lows, so no real challenge, but I was toasty, so I'm hoping to go to maybe mid 40s with this setup and clothing as needed.
    I made the UQ by folding the quilt in half to end up with a 35" x 60" rectangle, as opposed to a 30" x 70" rectangle. Well, almost in half, leaving the "outside" panel a little wider to keep it from being compressed. Then, I made a channel out of some ripstop and attached it to the head and foot ends, just on the "outside" edge, and put some Kam snaps between the two halves on the ends. Ran some shock cord through the channel and added cord locks to cinch up any gaps when laying in the hammock. Then I attached some grosgrain loops (red is all I had to the four corners and safety pinned the open side together (later sewed this shut) and ran shock cord under the fold, loops and sewed side in one piece all the way around to allow for sliding the whole thing to position under me as needed. For the TQ, I just added a channel of nano no see-um mesh to one end of the quilt (what I had laying around) and ran some zing-it and a cord lock to cinch the end. Stayed on my feet fine, but I will probably add some length of Velcro to the open side at the bottom to make more of a foot box to help hold my sit pad for colder temps. I'm 75", so I didn't want to shorten the TQ at all. Great, easy DIY project for a newb like me. I just got a sewing machine, er.. thread injector, a couple of weeks ago, and I've been having a blast learning how to make stuff sacks, sew a hammock, and now these quilts. Only my second post, but I've learned so much from this forum in such a short time. Happy hanging!
    Thanks for the real test report. Love to hear more real testing with these. As I am someone on a very tight build budget these are very exciting to find. If I get to costco to night I will buy a few extra if I can and post them up if I do.
    www.prestonspringer.com

“A dead thing goes with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust78 View Post
    Anyone have a couple extra they would be willing to sell? Sadly, I can't find them anywhere near me.
    Sent you a pm

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

If you are buying and selling items you need to do that in the Market Place and not in this area of Hammock Forums. Since I see a whole lot of that going on, I am closing this thread as it seems to have served it's purpose of notifying members of what these items are and which commercial vendor they can be purchased from.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

• + New Posts
  • Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122