Thermarest Slacker Single
    Tarp
    Integ Desig Poncho
    Insulation
    TQ:goLite20 UQ:tbd
    Suspension
    KvlarStrp n MuleTp
    Images
    Called the BLI Costco in WA they have 288 on order but they haven't been shipped yet... Once shipped they will have an arrival ETA. Sounds like they haven't made it out West yet... ~Cnugget

Hammock
    diy insulated 10.5
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    becket hitch

costco down throw $19.95

Called my father in law and asked if he could have a look next time he goes. He picked up two for me. He said they were just about out.
    Last edited by brianb; 09-07-2015 at 13:01.

Hammock
    Hennessy
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah
    Insulation
    KAQ underquilt
    We got 5 of them today. My husband and son both want to try hammocks, so I thought these might work for both a TQ and an UQ. The cashier said they just came in last night - she hadn't seen them before I checked out. Several people around me were oohing and aahing, and feeling the material.

-FA

P.S. They do feel quite light, but I haven't lofted them yet.

Hammock
    DIY Bananahammock
    Tarp
    Dutch Duo
    Insulation
    DIY / HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Kevlar & UCR
    I just picked up a grey one for myself and a purple for the wife. Definitely a lot in stock. Everyone will be able to find them soon I'm sure. 70" is a little short but I don't need much in summer.
    Get lost in the woods and find yourself again. A vacation,to me, is working with your hands and surviving because of the fruits of your labor. In the business world I teach;in the natural world I learn.

Hammock
    diy insulated 10.5
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    becket hitch
    Ok, now that a few of you have picked up a few of these,... What are going to do with them? Curious to hear about any mods any of you have already dreamed up.

Hammock
    DIY Bananahammock
    Tarp
    Dutch Duo
    Insulation
    DIY / HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Kevlar & UCR
    I already made a topquilt for my wife. She loves the purple. I just folded it in half, sewed the bottom, then up the open side about 15 inches. I don't like the square look of the bottom but it works perfectly and she loves it. I think I may pick up a third one and cut off 18 inches on the side to make an underquilt for my brother in law, use the cut off strip to make some down sleeves. With my sewing skills jacks will be better
    Get lost in the woods and find yourself again. A vacation,to me, is working with your hands and surviving because of the fruits of your labor. In the business world I teach;in the natural world I learn.

Hammock
    AMOK Draumr 3.0
    This may belong out in the bigger DIY thread as a technique~~
    .....but could the toe box be made by sewing down from the halfway point [centerline] and stopping after 8"-10"... then each side sewn horizontally to the center "toe-peak". [sort of an up-side-down "T"]
    You would then just sew up the back [the actual edges] to your desired closure distance.
    Seems like that would give toe room and draw the sides in toward your tootsies... Could also be done with snaps.

I haven't done any quilt work yet, but this might send me over to our lady Thelma the Seamstress... if I can get my hands on one of these puppies.
    >> Onward thru the fog...>>
    Find me on my blog Moosenut Falls https://moosenutfalls.wordpress.com/

Hammock
    Dutchware Half Wit
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    I just bought two, and a compressible down vest that was about $18! I'll be making one of them into a summer top quilt and if it stays warm will give it a shot on Thursday. For the price, it is hard to pass up. I am a hot sleeper and have a hard time finding a light enough blanket for cool summer nights. This should do the trick. Pretty much planning to just install some snaps along the bottom to build a footbox. May get extra creative and put snaps on both so that they may be layered.

Hammock
    diy insulated 10.5
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    becket hitch
    I thought about layering two of them together as well. I bought four of these because I need to outfit the whole family. When they don't come with me I'd like to be able to use two together for extra warmth.
    It's hard to gauge The comfortable temperature range with these. It will be in the high 50s this weekend, so I'll give one a test single layer. I'll pair it with a thin synthetic Summer UQ so it will have to pull its weight.
    Crayons - they might look different, but they all taste the same

Hammock
    DIY Bananahammock
    Tarp
    Dutch Duo
    Insulation
    DIY / HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Kevlar & UCR
    After buying two with over a hundred in stock, I sent the wife back. They were all gone!!

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast