WBBB DL 1.7 XLC
    Tarp
    Smokehouse 1
    Insulation
    HG 20* TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Web
    Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post
    Good call! And their couplers are much nicer and deeper than the ones you'll get at Lowes or HD.
    Can you use the couplers on the legs also?

Hammock
    DIY 11.5 ft 2.2 oz Hex 70
    Insulation
    HF wool DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling DIY
    Quote Originally Posted by bliksem View Post
    Can you use the couplers on the legs also?
    Yes you can I have one on all 4 legs on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where have you been buying from lately? All the ones that I have looked at have rather dubious business reviews.

Hammock
    Insulation
    HF wool DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling DIY
    I bought from tarps.com it took a while for the package to arrive but it was all in good shape.

Hammock
    Gold Armour 10.4
    Tarp
    Gold Armour 10x12
    Insulation
    DIY synthetic 30*
    Suspension
    Spider straps

Thanks. I made my order after 6:00PM PST two days ago, and it's already headed this way in the clutches of UPS.

Hammock
    Insulation
    HF wool DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling DIY
    Quote Originally Posted by GW Sears View Post
    Thanks. I made my order after 6:00PM PST two days ago, and it's already headed this way in the clutches of UPS.
    Wow that’s fast. Let us know how it goes

finally got mine setup, found the open L brackets from a company called deer busters on amazon, $29 dollars for 4 shipped to my door so no high shipping like some other sites (pro tip, order them as 4 individuals rather than the 4 pack and it saves ya $10 dollars) Unfortuanly top rails are now $20 bucks each from home depot i was able to put it together using 5 of em.
    6 ft legs and a 14 foot top bar using the cut off from one of the legs and a whole 10ft top rail
    hammockstandjpg.jpg

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jdubco View Post
    finally got mine setup, found the open L brackets from a company called deer busters on amazon, $29 dollars for 4 shipped to my door so no high shipping like some other sites (pro tip, order them as 4 individuals rather than the 4 pack and it saves ya $10 dollars) Unfortuanly top rails are now $20 bucks each from home depot i was able to put it together using 5 of em.
    6 ft legs and a 14 foot top bar using the cut off from one of the legs and a whole 10ft top rail
    hammockstandjpg.jpg

Looks great!

Been lingering for a month-ish now, making my inaugural post to say thanks in regard to OP and everyone else that's added info in the 5.5 yrs that this thread has been around

I'm not new to hammocking, definitely not new to camping. But still fairly green when it comes to combining the two. That being said, most all of my current camping efforts are with my son's scout troop. My failing back has struggled with every solution I've tried in regard to comfort... right up until I took the advice of another leader that suggested I take the plunge on a camping hammock (and holy crap I've already gone way down the rabbit hole in regard to reading, research, gear, etc lmao). That being said, after having spent the first night last weekend having to hole up in the car due to a laundry list of hurdles including a lack of trees, some really soft sandy soil, a sundown arrival, etc... this stand is exactly what I needed. Durable, portable (we're car-based), versatile, etc.

And I cannot thank everyone (especially OP) enough. It's too windy for me to get this completely set up and post pics, but pipes are cut and at the ready. Definitely looking forward to testing it out

I'm currently (using 6 fence rails) set for leg heights at 5'8, 6'2", and 7'2" and end to end pole ridgelines at 12'2", 13'9", and 15'6". In an effort to try and speed up the at-dusk setup, I've cut things so that it doesn't matter which pole I grab - like the 6 main leg/RL poles are all the same length, with the same eye bolt placement, etc. Between those base poles and a couple sets of extenders, pretty sure that will cover all configurations of what I would ever anticipate for sizing needs.

So, lastly, here's my offering for another creative approach. I've decided I'm going to head back for one more section of fence rail. Pretty sure that I've done the math right, and one more rail (along with one piece of scrap from the first 6) will allow me to also make a tensahedron stand out of everything. With the clevis pins, swags, couplers, eye bolts, etc all at the same placement on my base poles - and of course the fact that I'm working out of a car - having an added setup ability seemed like a worthwhile effort. Hell, if nothing else, I'll get some bonus credit at Summer camp this year as I change up my framing

Thanks again to all
    Last edited by smbka_1; 04-14-2022 at 13:40.

• + New Posts
  • Page 72 of 76 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast