Page 55 of 76 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Guys, are any of you in the uk? And have made this stand? I’m having real problems locating all the parts!!

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Hex 2.4 gathered
    Tarp
    Xenon wide asym
    Received my "L" brackets yesterday and built my stand. Slept in it last night. Like others have said prior, its a little wobbly going end to end, but solid side to side. I cut all my rails 7'. No splicer in the middle of my top rail and it was fine. 7' legs is a bit high. gonna cut them 6' today and see how that goes. Have my feet spread at 50"( hope that doesn't change when I cut the legs down or im gonna have to make new dog bones) I found the 1 1/4 rubber feet work much better on the fat end of the rails. Hung my hammock off the top rail around the back leg. I bought 2 - 5/16" #20 thread 2 1/2" long eye bolts for the end leg so I could tighten it all the way down then slide it on the end so the legs couldn't move in.

I'm 6'2" and weigh in close to 370lbs. This this thing held me fine

The nice thing about this stand( other than it holds my fat a$$) is that the entire set up is 6 poles. Brackets stay attached and I can carry the whole thing(even without it being tied together or in a bag). I have a turtledog stand that takes a couple trips back and forth to the truck to get it all.

Thank you very much circusfreak for starting this thread.
    Last edited by Hefty Hanger; 06-22-2018 at 09:40.

Hammock
    long and wide
    Tarp
    big green diy
    Insulation
    faux baffled CDTs
    Suspension
    wing and prayer
    Has anyone made this stand using hardwood or maybe cedar poles? I'm thinning out a number of hickory, oak, maple, cedar saplings on my woodland property. Several are straight and tall enough to make 6 to 7 ft poles about 1-1/2" diameter, so not a lot of work to prepare them. The top rail would be in 2 sections. Strip the bark, let the wood cure, then whittle the ends of the best poles to fit the canopy connectors and rubber feet. Sand, finish with tung oil, spray paint the connectors to match the wood. I think a couple of these stands would fit right in with the "rustic" medley of furniture & wood trim in my little house. And a pair of cedar hammock-chair stands for the deck.

Any idea if a hardwood bipod stand would be strong enough to support my 250-lb (he says) brother so he can quit hanging from the walls? I 'm sure I've seen live-load specs for various woods & dimensions, but I have no clue how they'd apply to poles on an angle. Thanks for any suggestions or advice!

Hammock
    Hex 2.4 gathered
    Tarp
    Xenon wide asym
    second night on this stand went perfect. Cut the legs to 6'. perfect. top rail 14'. perfect. literally 10 minutes to make this thing. perfect. under $100 to make. perfect. gonna check with local fence company to see if I can get the poles cheaper for my next 1.

I used a saws all on the pipe for my turtledog stand. Used a pipe cutter for this one. Definately, definitely, definitely use a pipe cutter guys. Makes such a clean straight cut. Not to mention its faster and easier.

I'll post pics when it quits raining.

Hammock
    Amok Dramur
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Thanks for the tip on the pipe cutter. You're talking the kind that you just spin around the pipe and tighten as you go? Got my parts in the mail this week and now just need to get the leg/top rail material. Still am a bit undecided on the leg/rail length. Was thinking that since the fence rail comes in a 10.6 foot section I would do the legs at 6.6 feet and that leaves me with 4 - 4 foot sections that I could piece together for a top rail. Just trying to minimize waste on the leg/rail material.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceiceguy View Post
    Thanks for the tip on the pipe cutter. You're talking the kind that you just spin around the pipe and tighten as you go? Got my parts in the mail this week and now just need to get the leg/top rail material. Still am a bit undecided on the leg/rail length. Was thinking that since the fence rail comes in a 10.6 foot section I would do the legs at 6.6 feet and that leaves me with 4 - 4 foot sections that I could piece together for a top rail. Just trying to minimize waste on the leg/rail material.
    You could just split the 10 foot sections in half for the legs. I have my legs at 5' and they are perfect for me.

Hammock
    Amok Dramur
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Thanks! What are you using for a hammock length with the 5 foot legs?

Quote Originally Posted by Iceiceguy View Post
    Thanks! What are you using for a hammock length with the 5 foot legs?
    I have the Blackbird XLC.

Hammock
    Diy 11 ft and DD hammock
    Tarp
    Diy
    Insulation
    closed cell foam
    Suspension
    whoopsie slings
    now thats a good idea well done
    SOMETIMES I WAKE UP GRUMPY. OTHER TIMES I LET HER SLEEP

Quote Originally Posted by Hefty Hanger View Post
    Received my "L" brackets yesterday and built my stand. Slept in it last night. Like others have said prior, its a little wobbly going end to end, but solid side to side. I cut all my rails 7'. No splicer in the middle of my top rail and it was fine. 7' legs is a bit high. gonna cut them 6' today and see how that goes. Have my feet spread at 50"( hope that doesn't change when I cut the legs down or im gonna have to make new dog bones) I found the 1 1/4 rubber feet work much better on the fat end of the rails. Hung my hammock off the top rail around the back leg. I bought 2 - 5/16" #20 thread 2 1/2" long eye bolts for the end leg so I could tighten it all the way down then slide it on the end so the legs couldn't move in.

I'm 6'2" and weigh in close to 370lbs. This this thing held me fine

The nice thing about this stand( other than it holds my fat a$$) is that the entire set up is 6 poles. Brackets stay attached and I can carry the whole thing(even without it being tied together or in a bag). I have a turtledog stand that takes a couple trips back and forth to the truck to get it all.

Thank you very much circusfreak for starting this thread.
    Quick question for you buddy, I am a gentleman of the larger variety too lol.
    When you say it was a bit wobbly, can I ask why you didn't run 2 lines from each end and pegnthem out to stabilise it?
    This is the stand I really want to make, but sourcing the L and T brackets in the UK is proving to be a pain in the ***, so I think I'm gonna have to make a turtle dog for now!!

Sent from my SM-T395 using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 55 of 76 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast