Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images

WhoOpie Slings (whoopieslings.com)

Ive got about 150' of 7/64 blue Amsteel.

Im offering to make custom length slings for $.75 per linear foot of cord. Roughly, that means if you want a finished 6' sling, it will run $9.75. Thats 13' of Amsteel to make a finished 6' sling.

I will use an 8" bury on the dead eye with a 2" loop. This will be locked. The adjustable end will have a 10" bury and the end will be finished with a bury, not locked.

So for a pair of 6' slings, thats $19.50 shipped anywhere in the lower 48 states. This is the base price. Increases (or decreases) in length will incure a $.75 charge (or deduction) per foot.

Pair of 4' slings would be $16.50
    Pair of 6' would be $19.50
    Pair of 8' would be $22.50

And so on. Price is shipped via USPS priority mail.

Payment will be via PayPal only. I am Verified by PayPal and have a 100% positive rating on Ebay with over 150 transactions.

Attached are a couple pics of one of mine using 1/8" grey.

I had a PM inquiring about some grey Amsteel. I have 2 pairs right now made up with Grey, but they are 1/8" Amsteel. They are just shy of 6', like 5'11". They have a 6.5" bury on the dead eye and a 9.5" bury on the adjustable end. Ends are finished with a backsplice. Roughly a 2" eye. Both pairs have not been used.

One pair may be spoken for, so for now only 1 pair is available. $22.95 shipped USPS priority mail.

I mentioned earlier about some sections with a dead eye on either end. I have 4 made up. 3 are 4.5' long with 2" eyes on either end and 6" buries, locked. They are also the 1/8" grey. 1 is 6.5' long with the same specs as the other 3. I can let a pair of the 4.5' ones go for $13 shipped USPS priority. I can let the 4.5' and 6.5' go as a pair for $15 shipped USPS priority. If you want a custom length, the price per foot for the 7/64 will be the same, $.75 per linear foot. Ill only sell these as pairs since shipping one will be cost prohibitive. OR, if you only want one, instead of the priority shipping Ill send them first class.

Heres a pic....

I can also incorporate Rings into the dead eye...

I have a pair of these Omega Pacific rings I can incorporate into the dead eye of a pair of slings for an additional $8. No extra labor charge, the pair of rings run about $9.

I also have a pair of SMC rings I can do the same thing with. Additional $5.

If youd like.... If your hammock has a channel at either end, You can send it to me and Ill incorporate the dead eye right into the channel. No extra charge above the price of the slings.

10/21 EDIT: I have 300' of grey, 200' of red and 200' of yellow on the way, all in 7/64. Get your orders in now!! And I still have some blue left...
    Last edited by opie; 10-21-2009 at 16:48. Reason: Consolidation

Hammock
    WB BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I'm not sure I fully grasp the sling length ordering information in relation to actual adjustability when deployed on the hammock.

If I ordered 4' slings, the 4' is the minimum length of rope from the tree toggle to the hammock...and it could be lengthened to 7' or so? Is that how it'd work?
    "The more I carry the happier I am in camp; the less I carry the happier I am getting there" - Sgt. Rock

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by beep View Post
    I'm not sure I fully grasp the sling length ordering information in relation to actual adjustability when deployed on the hammock.

If I ordered 4' slings, the 4' is the minimum length of rope from the tree toggle to the hammock...and it could be lengthened to 7' or so? Is that how it'd work?
    4' would be your maximum length. Ill use 9'+ of rope to make a 4' sling. 8" of that will be used for the dead eye bury. 4" of that will be the dead eye itself and Ill add enough, a couple inches or so, for the bury on the end of the rope. So youll be able to go from 4', down to 3, 2, or anywhere inbetween.

Hammock
    WB BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    4' would be your maximum length. Ill use 9'+ of rope to make a 4' sling. 8" of that will be used for the dead eye bury. 4" of that will be the dead eye itself and Ill add enough, a couple inches or so, for the bury on the end of the rope. So youll be able to go from 4', down to 3, 2, or anywhere inbetween.
    Hmmm...so I had it backwards...a 6' sling starts at 6' maximum and could be reduced to roughly 1/2 that length? Is that correct?
    "The more I carry the happier I am in camp; the less I carry the happier I am getting there" - Sgt. Rock

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    Hmmm...so I had it backwards...a 6' sling starts at 6' maximum and could be reduced to roughly 1/2 that length? Is that correct?
    I can get my 6'ers down to about 18".

So to be safe, lets say no matter what length you get, they can all be taken down to 18" - 24" I could also knock a couple more inches off that if I started my adjustable bury right at the end of the dead eye bury. On my personal ones Ive got about 2" between those points.

Hammock
    WB BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Opie, a PM is on the way to you about an order...

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    Opie, a PM is on the way to you about an order...
    Replied. Thanks.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Opie, I sent you a PM.

Hammock
    Black Bird
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Quilt
    Suspension
    Rings/straps
    Images
    What would be the weight limit on these? Will they hold 350 to 400lb. I would hate to hit the ground in the middle of the night. : )

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogg Tyed View Post
    What would be the weight limit on these? Will they hold 350 to 400lb. I would hate to hit the ground in the middle of the night. : )
    Im 265 and one of the slings help all my weight from a joist in my basement. Hanging straight down.

A mathlete Im sure could answer your question, as theres a bit of geometry involved in figuring actual weight being exerted on the suspension from a hamock. However, the 7/64 has, IIRC, an 1800# weight rating.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast