WBBB 1.7 single
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Webbing

Talking My new addiction=money, money, money

So as I am sure most of you know, this is addictive! I decided to get into backpacking and dragged my wife into it as well. We walked into our local REI to purchase some gear and she saw the ENO hammocks hanging. She said I think I would like backpacking better if I could do it in a hammock instead of a tent. She is the type that gives it one shot and if she doesn't like it, it will be an uphill battle to get here to do it again. So I found this forum and this place is just great! The people are so helpful, there is a ton of information, and I instantly got told we should come out for a group hang. I did a lot of research and watched all of Shug's tutorial videos with all of his hilarious shenanigans. The plus is that I learned a lot about different products so that I hopefully will not have to buy something I regret and then buy something better next time. The downside is I am getting into this with two people instead of just me. Needless to say I spent too much money and I keep hearing "we better love this with all this money you keep spending!".

Anyway to the point. I ordered 2 Warbonnet Blackbirds, 2 Mamajamba tarps, 2 HammockGear Incubator 20 underquilts, 2 HammockGear CF snakeskins, 2 Dutchware continous ridgelines, 2 Dutchware pack covers, and a spool of Zing-it from Dutchware as well.

I have received the HammockGear order and the quality of there products is simply amazing. The order was here within a few days (I ordered in-stock items because color doesn't really matter to me as long as it isn't something bright and obnoxious) and apparently they upgraded my snakeskins to the camo version. I had emailed them before ordering the items and they responded in a very timely manner. I would definitely advise people to purchase products from HammockGear.

I received my Dutchware order today and I am so glad I went with his finished CRLs. I had contemplated just ordering the individual components and building them myself but the quality and look of his finished products are fantastic. Its also amazing how light the products are. The pack covers are awesome and the fact that he wrote thanks and signed my receipt just made me feel that much better about ordering his products. I now understand why I see so many threads about people's new Dutch bling!

Now I am just waiting on my hammocks and tarps and I will be dragging my wife into the woods for some hammock camping. Again I want to say thanks to the great forum members here, Dutchware, and Hammockgear.
    I also want to send a big thank you to Shug. If it weren't for his videos I am not so sure I would have made any smart purchases and would probably still be researching and trying to learn about hammock camping.

Thanks again and I look forward to becoming an active hammockforums member!

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Daymn!! Nice haul! Are you getting top quilts or using sleeping bags?

Welcome!!!!!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 single
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Webbing
    We have a couple synthetic 30 degree bags from "that one time we were supposed to go camping" haha. We are going to use those and I will eventually buy some HG topquilts. Just spent a lot at once and don't think the wife would be to keen on me dropping another 500.

Hammock
    Robic XL 1.1oz 11'
    Tarp
    RSBTR PU4000 tarps
    Insulation
    UGQ 0* 20* 40* set
    Suspension
    Multi buckle web
    Welcome to the addiction...

Excellent choices for getting things off to the right start.
    The UQ's of downy goodness are worth every single penny and upgrading down the road to proper TQ will be worthy
    Continue reading and learning then experiencing and learning more when your hammocks arrive
    All in all it never ends

Enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!
    Life is too Short to not feed the addiction....Hang on and explore the World

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 single
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Webbing
    I know it will never end. Just don't tell my wife that! I am looking forward to getting the rest of my gear in so we can get out there.

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 2.4
    Tarp
    Hennessy Asym Hex
    Insulation
    C Pepper, Wht Clou
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Nice bit of kit there. Cry once and buy once, you never regret buying quality. A lot of great folks here with sage advice.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Call it Passion...Addiction makes people cry and you never have anything left over in the morrow.
    Enjoy the hammock quest.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WB, JRB, WL
    Tarp
    bigger is better;)
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, UGQ, WL
    Suspension
    If it aint Dutch..
    Images
    Congrats on doing good research and buying great gear!

Just do yourselves a favor and not only setup and teardown at least a dozen times before you head out; but also, make sure your first few overnighters are in the backyard, a campground, or near the road. Most of us take several nights practice to begin enjoying the total experience
    - Loki my videos
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.
    Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.
    The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy,
    while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn." — John Muir

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Great haul there! You and your wife made great choices. When I started out I did it with DIY stuff because being retired I have more time these days than money but have slowly upgraded my kit with the HF cottage vendors. Nice when you can start off that way.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 single
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Webbing
    I have been out in the backyard looking at the trees trying to decide where we are going to practice. Good thing is I found quite a few spots. Bad thing is now I am going to have to hire someone to come trim out a bunch of dead tree limbs that I noticed.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast