Page 1 of 89 1231151 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    AMOK Draumr 3.0

AMOK Draumr- The 2015 Kool-Aid Drinkers Thread

Since the AMOK Draumr hammock seems to be of quite a bit of interest to quite a few people, and because I found I am not alone in having drunk some of Shug's discount KoolAid, I thought it might be handy to start a dedicated thread separate from Shug's video.
    I figure that those of us who have ordered a 3.0 unit can share our anticipation, and then our experiences/reviews.
    Jump in if you want...

Anyways... I just got the notification that the unit I ordered yesterday afternoon has just shipped out UPS. The only problem seems to be that last night I also made plans with my best buddy to go Upptacamp Sunday through Wednesday, and that's just about when it should be landing in my dooryard. So, I'm going to be hanging in my GrandTrunkDBL dreaming of how much more comfortable I might be in my new rig.
    Still, the tubular pad I had to order to use with the Draumr isn't scheduled to get here until Wednesday anyways.
    AND... there is the considerable consolation of the fact that I will be hanging on a little one-acre island in the middle of a lake in the North Woods of Maine with a 4-day stretch of perfect weather in the forecast.

Ill be watching this thread as I am interested in this Kool aid..... I don't have the funds yet to buy the kool aid.......but I'm a thinking bout it!

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Grundelore View Post
    Since the AMOK Draumr hammock seems to be of quite a bit of interest to quite a few people, and because I found I am not alone in having drunk some of Shug's discount KoolAid, I thought it might be handy to start a dedicated thread separate from Shug's video.
    I figure that those of us who have ordered a 3.0 unit can share our anticipation, and then our experiences/reviews.
    Jump in if you want...

Anyways... I just got the notification that the unit I ordered yesterday afternoon has just shipped out UPS. The only problem seems to be that last night I also made plans with my best buddy to go Upptacamp Sunday through Wednesday, and that's just about when it should be landing in my dooryard. So, I'm going to be hanging in my GrandTrunkDBL dreaming of how much more comfortable I might be in my new rig.
    Still, the tubular pad I had to order to use with the Draumr isn't scheduled to get here until Wednesday anyways.
    AND... there is the considerable consolation of the fact that I will be hanging on a little one-acre island in the middle of a lake in the North Woods of Maine with a 4-day stretch of perfect weather in the forecast.
    I hope you like it as much as I found that I like mine. But....remember that Amok has a 30 day return policy if you decide that you don't.....http://www.amokequipment.com/returns
    Shug-Aid
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog5150 View Post
    Ill be watching this thread as I am interested in this Kool aid..... I don't have the funds yet to buy the kool aid.......but I'm a thinking bout it!

The Shug Whooooo Buddy Discount only goes until August 16th.....https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...mp-Canada-only
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    AMOK Draumr 3.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    I hope you like it as much as I found that I like mine. But....remember that Amok has a 30 day return policy if you decide that you don't.....http://www.amokequipment.com/returns
    Shug-Aid
    Thanks, Shug. I factored the 30 day return policy into my decision. However, even if I should decide I didn't like it enough to keep it myself, I would probably absorb some loss and put it up for sale here on the forum to give somebody else a chance to try it out at a discount.
    This place rocks. I've learned more in a couple of weeks than I would've in months of hanging on my own, and struggling to figure things out.
    I'm already looking forward to going to the Lobsters & Lighthouses hang up here in Phillipsburg next month. I don't have enough friends outside of the circle of people that I've known for years and years. New blood would do me some good.

Whoa, Nellie !
    .... no, wait.... "Whoooo Buddy)))) ;-)

Hammock
    WWBB 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20* TQ - UQ
    Suspension
    WB Strap - Buckle
    Images
    Yeah I drank the Kool-Aid too...I have been interested in the AMOK since they announced the very first version though...I'm working this weekend and I'm taking my oldest on a fishing trip next weekend so maybe I will get to play around with it then...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    WBRR,HENESSEY JUNGLE, ENO 1 link
    Tarp
    ENO PRO, SLD WH
    Insulation
    Igniter and blaze
    Suspension
    Buckles,atlas,ring
    Thanks Shug!! I don't know how I missed the discount part but all is well that ends well. Just ordered today. I'm still very new to hammocking and figuring out by trial and error what suits me, this hamock seems to cover some of my issues. I was just about to try a bridge hammock before I saw this. One question, with the sleep mat under you, you would just need a top quilt? Would a center zip mummy bag be effective?

Happy hanging in Sector Seven, Taz

Hammock
    Traveler
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    I'm getting ready to place an order but I'm still curious whether I should get the amok tarp or not. I like the extra width of my current tarp, and its lighter. Has anyone ordered just the hammock, or is it wiser to go ahead and get the tarp, too?

Hammock
    Streamliner, Boone 30
    Tarp
    UGQ, Spinn Edge
    Insulation
    UGQ, SSUQ, Greyloc
    Suspension
    UCR's, Whoopies
    Images
    Took a big sip myself. And bought the Qcore on the for sale page to start. Looking forward to seeing how that works out. Plan to buy a large wide pad later. Been wanting one since I saw cali/baja's at last years fall sprawl. Will be making a light weight table for the cook station.
    Give me more darkness said the blind man,
    Give me more folly said the fool,
    Give me stone silence said the deaf man,
    I didn't believe Sunday School.
    Phil Keaggy

Hammock
    Exped Ergo
    Tarp
    Exped Combi
    Insulation
    Sleeping bag+pad
    Suspension
    Eyelet line+ biner
    Quote Originally Posted by tazmaniac View Post
    One question, with the sleep mat under you, you would just need a top quilt? Would a center zip mummy bag be effective?
    In my Ergo (similar concept, LW pad under) I have no trouble using a regular side-zip bag. On cooler nights I've 'climbed in' to the bag, otherwise I just use it like a quilt with only the bottom zipped.
    It's easier to squirm around in the wider (non constricting) hammock. I'd certainly give it a try with your sleeping bag before moving to a quilt.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 89 1231151 ... LastLast