Page 1 of 87 1231151 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hammock
    AMOK Draumr 3.0

AMOK Draumr- The 2015 Kool-Aid Drinkers Thread

Since the AMOK Draumr hammock seems to be of quite a bit of interest to quite a few people, and because I found I am not alone in having drunk some of Shug's discount KoolAid, I thought it might be handy to start a dedicated thread separate from Shug's video.
    I figure that those of us who have ordered a 3.0 unit can share our anticipation, and then our experiences/reviews.
    Jump in if you want...

Anyways... I just got the notification that the unit I ordered yesterday afternoon has just shipped out UPS. The only problem seems to be that last night I also made plans with my best buddy to go Upptacamp Sunday through Wednesday, and that's just about when it should be landing in my dooryard. So, I'm going to be hanging in my GrandTrunkDBL dreaming of how much more comfortable I might be in my new rig.
    Still, the tubular pad I had to order to use with the Draumr isn't scheduled to get here until Wednesday anyways.
    AND... there is the considerable consolation of the fact that I will be hanging on a little one-acre island in the middle of a lake in the North Woods of Maine with a 4-day stretch of perfect weather in the forecast.

Ill be watching this thread as I am interested in this Kool aid..... I don't have the funds yet to buy the kool aid.......but I'm a thinking bout it!

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog5150 View Post
    Ill be watching this thread as I am interested in this Kool aid..... I don't have the funds yet to buy the kool aid.......but I'm a thinking bout it!

The Shug Whooooo Buddy Discount only goes until August 16th.....https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...mp-Canada-only
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WBRR,HENESSEY JUNGLE, ENO 1 link
    Tarp
    ENO PRO, SLD WH
    Insulation
    Igniter and blaze
    Suspension
    Buckles,atlas,ring
    Thanks Shug!! I don't know how I missed the discount part but all is well that ends well. Just ordered today. I'm still very new to hammocking and figuring out by trial and error what suits me, this hamock seems to cover some of my issues. I was just about to try a bridge hammock before I saw this. One question, with the sleep mat under you, you would just need a top quilt? Would a center zip mummy bag be effective?

Happy hanging in Sector Seven, Taz

Hammock
    Exped Ergo
    Tarp
    Exped Combi
    Insulation
    Sleeping bag+pad
    Suspension
    Eyelet line+ biner
    Quote Originally Posted by tazmaniac View Post
    One question, with the sleep mat under you, you would just need a top quilt? Would a center zip mummy bag be effective?
    In my Ergo (similar concept, LW pad under) I have no trouble using a regular side-zip bag. On cooler nights I've 'climbed in' to the bag, otherwise I just use it like a quilt with only the bottom zipped.
    It's easier to squirm around in the wider (non constricting) hammock. I'd certainly give it a try with your sleeping bag before moving to a quilt.

Hammock
    WBRR,HENESSEY JUNGLE, ENO 1 link
    Tarp
    ENO PRO, SLD WH
    Insulation
    Igniter and blaze
    Suspension
    Buckles,atlas,ring
    Thanks for your advice. I'll post back when I can get a night in it.

Hammock
    Chameleon and a Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12'
    Insulation
    downy goodness
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    I'm new to hammocking. bought an eno and was using a tarp i had laying around as a rain fly. randomly came across Amok last year and bought the 2.0. used it twice. once in my back yard. once i saw they had made the upgrades on things i didn't like most about it, i bought the 3.0. i like it...a lot. so far i've been out 3 times in it at my local fav camp ground. i think it's awesome for a one or two nighter, but i don't know about a longer outing. probably still going to look into a more traditional set up just in case. i have to admit though. the kool-aid is pretty nice on a cool night in the woods. my only peev with it now is still the bug net. i'm 5'11 and that net still sits a little too close to my face even after adjusting it.

Hammock
    Haven't found one I like yet
    Suspension
    Always whoopies
    I realize this is not a for sale post, but I would like to sell my Dramaur 3.0 along with the tarp and a Big Agnes inflatable pad. If interested please send me a PM.

Hammock
    Hammock Tent/SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tarptent/Thunderfl
    Insulation
    EE
    Suspension
    Kevlar/B. Hitch
    My draumr showed up today and I didn't waste anytime setting it up. Nice rig! I've been lounging in it all afternoon and it's going to be great for a first hammock

A few questions;
    I'm using a large rei stratus pad. It just fits in the pocket. For the most part it's fine, but it seems to curl up along the sides a little. I feel like I should be using more of the pad. Any tips for that or it just the way it is?

At 6'1", I'm at the limit, but think it will be fine. My only issue is the bug net sitting a little too close. I see the adjuster to pull it out and that would work great if there was something to attach it to. I feel like there should be a little clip about 6" up on the tarp and that would pull it at a perfect angle. Is there something I'm missing?

That's it for now. I'm going to sleep in it tonight, even though my wife is snickering at me, but that's what wives do so..

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Grundelore View Post
    Since the AMOK Draumr hammock seems to be of quite a bit of interest to quite a few people, and because I found I am not alone in having drunk some of Shug's discount KoolAid, I thought it might be handy to start a dedicated thread separate from Shug's video.
    I figure that those of us who have ordered a 3.0 unit can share our anticipation, and then our experiences/reviews.
    Jump in if you want...

Anyways... I just got the notification that the unit I ordered yesterday afternoon has just shipped out UPS. The only problem seems to be that last night I also made plans with my best buddy to go Upptacamp Sunday through Wednesday, and that's just about when it should be landing in my dooryard. So, I'm going to be hanging in my GrandTrunkDBL dreaming of how much more comfortable I might be in my new rig.
    Still, the tubular pad I had to order to use with the Draumr isn't scheduled to get here until Wednesday anyways.
    AND... there is the considerable consolation of the fact that I will be hanging on a little one-acre island in the middle of a lake in the North Woods of Maine with a 4-day stretch of perfect weather in the forecast.
    I hope you like it as much as I found that I like mine. But....remember that Amok has a 30 day return policy if you decide that you don't.....http://www.amokequipment.com/returns
    Shug-Aid
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 87 1231151 ... LastLast