Hammock
    Dutch Hammock
    Tarp
    H.G. Cuban w/doors
    Insulation
    Burrow, Incubator
    Suspension
    Buckles,straps
    I received mine while I was away. Had a chance to set everything up and lay in it for a while today. First thing is with the Amok it self, the Tarp and a pad it is heavier than I thought but it wont deter me from bring it on a short trip, car camping trip or just to hang out in a park for a day. Everything is included if you pick up the Amok 3.0 and the Tarp. All you have to do is pick up a pad that is like the recommended pads listed on the website or in Sug's Vid. I picked up the REI pad and it is pretty nice, fits in the Amok 3.0 perfectly and I see it working in the cot I use for tent camping with my kids so win win for me. I viewed the video from manufactures web site and set up was so easy I thought I did something wrong. I was laying in the Amok 3.0 in about three minutes. The Tarp set up is just as easy but needs to have color coded mini carbiners just like the Amok 3.0 does. The quality of workmanship and the attention to detail on the whole set up is awesome. The team of designers knew what to build into this and how to make it simple with out putting so many features on it to make it ridicules. Very comfortable and relaxing. I was very warm laying it it as there isnt the convection you get from a conventional hammock from the breeze. I played with the leg and shoulder adjustments and enjoyed sitting up watching some birds in the yard. Sitting back I was very comfortable swinging from and back in the breeze. I am 6ft tall and am about at the size limit as far as height goes. Im not even close to the weight limit so no problems there. A bigger Hammocker would have comfort issues I think as far as length goes. Tearing down went quickly and everything but the tarp was easy to get back into the bags included. The Tarp was tight but fit. I imagine that when it is wet it will be tough to get into the bag. Even though it is a 3.0 version, I see this evolving into a even lighter, more affordable product as people talk more about it, try it and give suggestions. Im happy with my purchase and cant wait to spend more time in it before the summer ends. Heck, I can see hanging in this this fall too.
    Last edited by Magnum Power; 08-16-2015 at 15:58. Reason: Added more info

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Power View Post
    I received mine while I was away. Had a chance to set everything up and lay in it for a while today. First thing is with the Amok it self, the Tarp and a pad it is heavier than I thought but it wont deter me from bring it on a short trip, car camping trip or just to hang out in a park for a day. Everything is included if you pick up the Amok 3.0 and the Tarp. All you have to do is pick up a pad that is like the recommended pads listed on the website or in Sug's Vid. I picked up the REI pad and it is pretty nice, fits in the Amok 3.0 perfectly and I see it working in the cot I use for tent camping with my kids so win win for me. I viewed the video from manufactures web site and set up was so easy I thought I did something wrong. I was laying in the Amok 3.0 in about three minutes. The Tarp set up is just as easy but needs to have color coded mini carbiners just like the Amok 3.0 does. The quality of workmanship and the attention to detail on the whole set up is awesome. The team of designers knew what to build into this and how to make it simple with out putting so many features on it to make it ridicules. Very comfortable and relaxing. I was very warm laying it it as there isnt the convection you get from a conventional hammock from the breeze. I played with the leg and shoulder adjustments and enjoyed sitting up watching some birds in the yard. Sitting back I was very comfortable swinging from and back in the breeze. I am 6ft tall and am about at the size limit as far as height goes. Im not even close to the weight limit so no problems there. A bigger Hammocker would have comfort issues I think as far as length goes. Tearing down went quickly and everything but the tarp was easy to get back into the bags included. The Tarp was tight but fit. I imagine that when it is wet it will be tough to get into the bag. Even though it is a 3.0 version, I see this evolving into a even lighter, more affordable product as people talk more about it, try it and give suggestions. Im happy with my purchase and cant wait to spend more time in it before the summer ends. Heck, I can see hanging in this this fall too.
    I miss lounging in mine as I have been on the road. Got my tarp in the stuff sack wet but it is tight. I will change sacks I know in time. Added snakeskins to my tarp. Jonas designed the hammock. It is his dream hammock. Glad you like it so far.
    Whoooooo Buddy)))))
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Dutchware netted
    Tarp
    Ghill Gorilla 12
    Insulation
    stratus insul.pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Got mine a few days ago after using the Woooo Buddy discount. will try and set it up and post up some pics later. so excited about using this, i dont do any back packing, but i rock crawl in my jeep and camp 2-4 days every few months so this will be a nice change for my eno, looking forward to posting up some actual camping trips nxt month.

thanks Shug for the video and writeup and thanks Amok for the discount.

Hammock
    Draumr or Sierra Madre
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    lots of down
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Flash G- I drank the kool aid and I'm sold on it. I will be at the Lighthouse and Lobster hang with the Amok 3.0. See ya there. I will stress that the exped long and wide pad is the best option. I tried my big Agnes women's pad and I noticed a huge (bad) difference.
    Megan
    In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer. [Albert Camus]

Hammock
    Draumr or Sierra Madre
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    lots of down
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Megan
    In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer. [Albert Camus]

Hammock
    WBRR,HENESSEY JUNGLE, ENO 1 link
    Tarp
    ENO PRO, SLD WH
    Insulation
    Igniter and blaze
    Suspension
    Buckles,atlas,ring
    Thanks for your advice. I'll post back when I can get a night in it.

Hammock
    Switchback 1.1 dbl WBXLC
    Tarp
    HG cuben
    Insulation
    JRB TQ HG UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

This is the 2.0 (Pre kool aid). Poorer visibility with the white bug net but perhaps stretchier. Possibly needed due to people sitting on and damaging it. At 6'1" I'm looking forward to the XL model
    Last edited by Usadave; 08-19-2015 at 13:24.
    Give a man enough ripstop and he'll hang himself.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Usadave View Post

This is the 2.0. (Pre kool aid) Poorer visibility with the white bug net but perhaps stretchier. Possibly needed due to people sitting on and damaging it. At 6'1" I'm looking forward to the XL model
    Care must be taken to not sit on the bug-net....but they do address that in a video.
    Whoooooo Buddy))))
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    AMOK Draumr 3.0
    Just back from doing Sunday through Wednesday up at Flagstaff Lake [Southwest of Moosehead]. Check out the "awesome hangs" thread for some pictures. We were able to fit in one night on an island out in the middle of the lake, but I had to spend my hanging time in my GTDbl, all the while knowing that the Monday-delivered AMOK was hanging out on my dooryard porch.
    I just got the Draumr hung, and once I've had a while to "experience" the experience, I will get some of my own thoughts and photos up here.
    The "three word instant review"--- I like this.

I'm really glad to see that this thread is taking off...

sunshower: wonderful photos, and I will look forward to seeing you/meeting you at the Lobster and Lighthouse shebang... Pray for great weather!

Hammock
    WB RR, Amok, GammaUL
    Tarp
    SLD Custom, WB SF
    Insulation
    Asst'd
    Suspension
    Spiders on webbing
    Images
    I took a long draw on the kool aid also. Yum. Ordered Sat. evening, received initial tracking # on Mon. - was delivered Tues. AM. That was fast!

I originally was hoping to use my Klymit insulated Static 5. It would not support my legs. Tried adding Klymit Inertia XL, and still no workee. Went out the next day and found an Exped Downmat Lite 5 LW (77.5x26x2). That made all of the difference. Now I could actually lay in the thing.

My initial thought was it wasn't nearly as comfortable as my WB Ridge Runner. Something just didn't feel "right". I dinked around with it for a while, and figured I would give it a closer look the next day. I'm glad that I looked closer. On the left/green/bugnet side, the adjustable straps were transposed. The longer strap that is to be attached to the knee adjustment was attached to the shoulder adjustment, and visa versa. The other side was set up properly. I noticed it when I saw that the main strap (that the others are attached to) that runs up into the bugnet compartment, was twisted. When I got everything adjusted, things started feeling much better. Check your webbing!

This thing definitely takes some laying and playing to get used to. But it does show great potential. It is surely one of the trickier hammocks to get in and out of. It will take some practice. I worry a little about those night time jaunts into the woods. We shall see.

The other thing that seems to be a bit tough is keeping quilts, pillows, etc. in place while getting in and out. I can see a mesh interior "saddlebag" in my future. I'm sure everyone that has the Amok is dreaming up some mods. The first thing that I did was switch out the red and green carabiners to some Dutch clips.

This should make for some fun fiddling over the next few days or so. Spending the night out in the back woods tonight for the first overnight in the Amok. Should be interesting.

kg

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 89 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast