Dream Hammock Dangerbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Full Set
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Hexon and HyperD are apples and oranges, really.

Hex70 XLis the Ripstop By The Roll offering (just looking at using a single vendor for the sake of comparison) that is most comparable to Hexon. While we (the community) haven't been told specifically if Hexon is Polyester or Nylon, Hex70 is nylon so we can assume that Hexon is the same. Still, I'd want to confirm before I pulled the trigger. Hexon is 60" wide and 1.6oz/sq. yard, while Hex70 is 67.5" wide and 2.2oz/sq. yard which means more usable space in the end.

Now, to compare HyperD to Hex70 XL (or Hexon, if you want the more narrow fabric) is like comparing fleece to wool. They're both fabrics, but with different attributes. They're a different weave with only a slightly different feel (I tried the Hex70 on a Dream Hammock this past weekend) so ultimately the only difference is in who you buy it from. Hex70 has been tested personally by me to 360 lbs, and I've personally tested HyperD up to 400 lbs. Hexon, having just been released recently, is one that I haven't yet tested (but soon will).
    I used to be a somebody, now I just camp.

Hammock
    BoneFire,DIY Bridge,DH
    Tarp
    HG DCF,UGQ,DIY
    Insulation
    BoneFire,UGQ,Clew
    Suspension
    BoneFire Deluxe
    Quote Originally Posted by Gresh View Post
    Hexon and HyperD are apples and oranges, really.

Hex70 XLis the Ripstop By The Roll offering (just looking at using a single vendor for the sake of comparison) that is most comparable to Hexon. While we (the community) haven't been told specifically if Hexon is Polyester or Nylon, Hex70 is nylon so we can assume that Hexon is the same. Still, I'd want to confirm before I pulled the trigger. Hexon is 60" wide and 1.6oz/sq. yard, while Hex70 is 67.5" wide and 2.2oz/sq. yard which means more usable space in the end.

Now, to compare HyperD to Hex70 XL (or Hexon, if you want the more narrow fabric) is like comparing fleece to wool. They're both fabrics, but with different attributes. They're a different weave with only a slightly different feel (I tried the Hex70 on a Dream Hammock this past weekend) so ultimately the only difference is in who you buy it from. Hex70 has been tested personally by me to 360 lbs, and I've personally tested HyperD up to 400 lbs. Hexon, having just been released recently, is one that I haven't yet tested (but soon will).
    FWIW Dutch has said specifically that Hexon is a nylon in the thread Hexon 1.6.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Dangerbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Full Set
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Ah, thanks - I missed it. I'll update my list.
    I used to be a somebody, now I just camp.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12