Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

ViDEO: Last Minute One Nighter Up North in the Rain Finland, MN

Got a last minute reprieve and took the new hammock, the AMOK Draumr 3.0 out for a night in the rain for testing and fun.
    Whooooooo Buddy)))))
    Shug

Here are the sizes compared to a few other hammocks.....
    Shug

left to right: Warbonnet Ridge Runner, Amok Draumr 3.0, Warbonnet XLC 1.9 single layer, Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 single layer
    Last edited by Shug; 08-09-2015 at 09:11.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Fan-flippin-tastic!!

How low do you think that pad will take you, Shug?

Thanks!

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chefkeith View Post
    Fan-flippin-tastic!!

How low do you think that pad will take you, Shug?

Thanks!
    The pad I am using has a 2.7 R Value rating so maybe 35º or 40º. I'll see then. For Winter camping I'll get an Exped 9 pad with an 8 R Value. http://www.rei.com/product/881904/ex...xp-9-with-pump

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Thanks for sharing your short trip into that alien world while flying that cool looking spaceship. Many strange and cool items in those woods up there.

I'm liking this hammock more and more. There is another thread talking about it with the link to the makers of the cool hammock. I really like the thought that went into making it and your honest review of it. Glad to hear you like it. I believe there is a lighter hammy in their arsenal as well.

Thanks again for you <60* and rainy night. I admit, little jealous here in a warm Florida.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl.
    Tarp
    HF 4 Season Cuben
    Insulation
    JRB MW3 UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Got a last minute reprieve and took the new hammock, the AMOK Draumr 3.0 out for a night in the rain for testing and fun.
    Whooooooo Buddy)))))
    Shug

Hey there Shug, the AMOK really looks comfortable. Just how flat can you lay? It looked like you were in a chair. Does the back adjust down and flat?

Thanks for your vids.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    AHE/WL/DiY
    Suspension
    straps and stuff
    Was delighted to see that you had a new trip report when I sat down with the morning cup o joe. Yessir, there is nothing like the woods in the rain. That's quite the rig you've got going there. Looking fashionable in that Packa and rain kilt too! Enjoyed it, but not as much as you did. Thanks.
    Les Rust
    "My goal is to live long enough to become a character."

Hammock
    SLD SL, WBBB XLC, TTTG
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    AHE, HG
    Suspension
    Various
    Another great trip report. I like that hammock. I don't think it will be on my list to purchase right away, but it looks very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Hammock
    WL Lt Owl
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Outdoors
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    Thanks Shug. Regarding the AMOK Draumr 3.0, how likely are you to choose that hammock over a 'Son of GreenBean" gathered-end hammock for a 3-4 day trip? It also looked somewhat bulky. With your pack cover your pack appeared larger than usual. Did this set-up fit in your Ohm?

Really enjoyed the fungi fun guy.
    Questioning authority, Rocking the boat & Stirring the pot - Since 1965

Hammock
    2 Blackbird XLC 1.7 DL SL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    IncubatorSniveller
    Suspension
    Standard Warbonnet
    Thanks for the trip report. Always entertaining and well done. I'd looked at the Amok product earlier this year. I'd paused because of the price as well as afraid my wife would kill me. I'd fleshed out my hammock equipment the previous 6 months. But I'm intrigued by the Amok's features particularly as you mention in canoe camping or with car camping. Yes. have to admit to that. :-) Virginia has some outstanding state parks and they'd be great for car camping and using the site as a base for hikes. Gonna have to think about the Amok now. Thanks for sharing your review and this trip.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Floridahanger View Post
    Thanks for sharing your short trip into that alien world while flying that cool looking spaceship. Many strange and cool items in those woods up there.

I'm liking this hammock more and more. There is another thread talking about it with the link to the makers of the cool hammock. I really like the thought that went into making it and your honest review of it. Glad to hear you like it. I believe there is a lighter hammy in their arsenal as well.

Thanks again for you <60* and rainy night. I admit, little jealous here in a warm Florida.
    It was an alien trip for sure...
    I am liking it as another option to camp in.
    They are working on a longer, lighter and less expensive design in the future so this is a starting place. I am very much enjoying it. Reclining in the rainy woods for hours sitting there sipping was awesome....yes, I typed awesome.
    It is not for everyone but what is in life?

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    Hey there Shug, the AMOK really looks comfortable. Just how flat can you lay? It looked like you were in a chair. Does the back adjust down and flat?

Thanks for your vids.
    Been having some good hammock fun with it. It goes very flat.....

Quote Originally Posted by Les Rust View Post
    Was delighted to see that you had a new trip report when I sat down with the morning cup o joe. Yessir, there is nothing like the woods in the rain. That's quite the rig you've got going there. Looking fashionable in that Packa and rain kilt too! Enjoyed it, but not as much as you did. Thanks.
    A soggy sojourn was needed and my dreams gleamed.

Quote Originally Posted by KSC View Post
    Another great trip report. I like that hammock. I don't think it will be on my list to purchase right away, but it looks very interesting. Thanks for sharing.
    Really having fun with this hammock. I will plan trips around this as sitting up like that all snugged in is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by OCDave View Post
    Thanks Shug. Regarding the AMOK Draumr 3.0, how likely are you to choose that hammock over a 'Son of GreenBean" gathered-end hammock for a 3-4 day trip? It also looked somewhat bulky. With your pack cover your pack appeared larger than usual. Did this set-up fit in your Ohm?

Really enjoyed the fungi fun guy.
    I just see it as another option...like my bridge hammocks. But I really like the recline mode sitting up. I do.
    It is no more bulky than my WB Ridgerunner and it will compress down. Fit in the OHM like any other hammock. I don't mnd the weight for what it provides. Things carry great in my OHM anyways so weight does not concern so much. I work out so that I can tear up the trail at my advanced age. :-)
    Those fungi that stuck out from the downed birch were amazing looking. I have never seen them before.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast