Tarp
    Airship
    Insulation
    WB Yeti//HG TQ
    Suspension
    All in one
    Images

Video: Hammock Gear Asymmetrical Tarp Review

Here is a short review on the hammock gear Asymmetrical tarp. I even was able to test it in a down pour .If you guys have any questions or I missed something let me know. I'm not really used to reviewing stuff.

Don't be scared ,it's just a beard.

My youtube videos on Hiking ,Camping & Cooking

Images
    Well done Mr. Jaxx, a complete review. Specifications, functional testing, theorectical analysis of options. Minus one point for ommision of cool music.

Good choice on the camo pattern, looks great. Hope you enjoy that puppy for many years.

FWIW, I'm an asym tarp user because I only need the hammock to stay dry. Put the backpack under the hammock and everything is dry. Only once did I get a little wet and that was due to operator error. Gust of wind pulled up a stake; bad weather was in the forecast and I knew better. It was a quick but wet fix during a downpour.
    Last edited by Roche; 08-08-2015 at 08:10.

Hammock
    DIY, Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    20 Incubator,WL SS
    Suspension
    whoopies, MSH
    Thanks for the review. I don't miss the cool music. Like the beard--needs some beads woven in to make it cooler.
    Keep movin', keep believing and enjoy the journey!

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Nice review Jaxx. I hadn't thought much about asyms buy I could be tempted at that weight.

Hammock
    Streamliner, Boone 30
    Tarp
    UGQ, Spinn Edge
    Insulation
    UGQ, SSUQ, Greyloc
    Suspension
    UCR's, Whoopies
    Images
    I started with a HH asym tarp and weathered some pretty good rains in it, having a sub 5 oz tarp sounds great. I hope to hear more reports from the field on this. Thanks for the video review!
    Give me more darkness said the blind man,
    Give me more folly said the fool,
    Give me stone silence said the deaf man,
    I didn't believe Sunday School.
    Phil Keaggy

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0 w/NS50 1st gen
    Tarp
    DIY MEMBRANE 0.9oz
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 30*
    Suspension
    whoopie/Dutchbling
    Thanks for the video review, that was really helpful and directly touches on some of the concern I've had about the potential limitations of this tarp! I actually just came across it on youtube first then headed directly over here to see if it had been posted. I was impressed because it looked like you had a good 5 inches or so to work with between your tarp and hammock ridgelines and still managed to stay dry in that downpour.

Hammock
    Bonefire whisper/Airship
    Tarp
    Airship
    Insulation
    WB Yeti//HG TQ
    Suspension
    All in one
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roche View Post
    Well done Mr. Jaxx, a complete review. Specifications, functional testing, theorectical analysis of options. Minus one point for ommision of cool music.

Good choice on the camo pattern, looks great. Hope you enjoy that puppy for many years.

FWIW, I'm an asym tarp user because I only need the hammock to stay dry. Put the backpack under the hammock and everything is dry. Only once did I get a little wet and that was due to operator error. Gust of wind pulled up a stake; bad weather was in the forecast and I knew better. It was a quick but wet fix during a downpour.
    Haha..I thought the pitter patter of the rain on the tarp would be a good substitute for music.

Quote Originally Posted by grannypat View Post
    Thanks for the review. I don't miss the cool music. Like the beard--needs some beads woven in to make it cooler.
    I prmoise on my next video I will adorn the beard with beads.

Quote Originally Posted by TallPaul View Post
    Nice review Jaxx. I hadn't thought much about asyms buy I could be tempted at that weight.
    Thanks Paul I'm pretty happy with it so far. I can't wait to get it out in the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtwheels View Post
    I started with a HH asym tarp and weathered some pretty good rains in it, having a sub 5 oz tarp sounds great. I hope to hear more reports from the field on this. Thanks for the video review!
    I will definitley be giving an update on the tarp in the filed.

Quote Originally Posted by awilhelm13 View Post
    Thanks for the video review, that was really helpful and directly touches on some of the concern I've had about the potential limitations of this tarp! I actually just came across it on youtube first then headed directly over here to see if it had been posted. I was impressed because it looked like you had a good 5 inches or so to work with between your tarp and hammock ridgelines and still managed to stay dry in that downpour.
    Thanks , I'm glad it was helpful . and I'm really glad it rained so I could show how it performed.. the planets aligned for me for once. haha
    Don't be scared ,it's just a beard.

My youtube videos on Hiking ,Camping & Cooking

Hammock
    WWM
    Tarp
    HG Palace and Hex
    Insulation
    Sniveller & Breeze
    Suspension
    Full suspension?
    Images
    Asym tarps also have at least half the stakes and guy lines as well. Makes setting up faster and gives you more options on locations too. Now why did I sell my last asym? Oh yeah, my cuben hex was lighter. Now I guess I need a cuben asym too.

Thanks for the review. Great to see it used in actual storm mode. Quick deployment with minimal tie outs and sufficient coverage for late spring/summer thunder storms have me re-thinking the merits of an asym. The camo pattern on this tarp is nice. I would like to see a similar pattern available for hammock material.

Hammock
    Half-Wit by Dutch
    Tarp
    HG Cuben with Door
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopies
    Awesome review Jaxx. I have almost pulled the trigger on one myself after watching a couple days ago. I just can't decide if it's worth it or not. I already have the HQ Cuben with doors and I love it. Ugh, is it worth the weight savings of a couple ounces. Idk.

• + New Posts